ice shot help

ok, i made a ice shot build for this league and so far its quite good but i have a few concern atm....

first, im using the 2 threeshold gem that give the inc aoe+100% pierce. im using pathfinder ascendancy. im spec into crit.i use koam heart so i weapon swap for single and multi target. i use a ice shot setup for single target.im 100% phy to cold conversion. im suing blasphemy+frostbite curse.

my question is about point blank and chin sol. so far i tested aoe+single target with chin sol +point blank passive and it seemed quite good but the low crit chance of chin sol is a bit annoying. the fact that i always need to be in meele range with chin sol+point blank scare me for end-game. im also worried that it might kill my aoe dmg in long range. i first had this idea because im using vinktar and i need to stay close to mosnter to shock them and also using blasphemy+frostbite ,so a point blank setup seemed like a good idea since my maximum potential is in close range.

so here the question.

-should i stay with point blank passive with chin sol for single AND aoe setup?

-should i remouve point blank and use point blank gem in a chin sol for single target setup and use a good crit phy rare bow for aoe (without point blank)

-should i just completly ignore chin sol AND point blank ?(point blank and chin sol seem like the best way to scale dmg and after testing without it, the single target dmg wasnt even close)

i also heard the cone of ice shot is affected by point blank so....even at hight range, point blank would work on the cone dmg. still not sure if that an inc or not since the initial arrow would hit less in the first place...

Last edited by zakariusqc on Mar 23, 2017, 12:03:44 AM
Last bumped on Mar 23, 2017, 12:53:10 AM
the railgun build is effective, which is the ice shot/point blank/chin sol thing you're talking about. where the aoe from ice shot DOES get the point blank increased damage regardless of its aoe range. however aoe was nerfed, and you have 100% pierce (meaning anything hit after the first target will take reduced damage, essentially).
you also should convert all cold dmg to fire or use three dragons helm so that your cold dmg can ignite and burn, which is what the railgun build is about

ice shot is good. i'd personally keep chin sol and use a point blank + blast rain setup for single target. use a good crit rare with ice shot for clear
Last edited by xMustard on Mar 23, 2017, 12:38:36 AM
Im not really doing the rail gun build. Im using ice shot for the chill and freeze so cold to fire doesnt really interest me.

Im trying atm point blank gem in my single target setup and using my aoe setup in my rare bow. So far i feel like im doing less dmg then when i was using point blank passive and even chin sol in my aoe setup seemed to hit way harder.....i already fight in close range most of the time due to my blasphemy and vinktar setup so 2 chin sol with point blank passive might be better.

For my single target im still using ice shot. It hit quite hard and with my frostbite curse vinktar and phy to cold, i perma freeze most of the boss atm

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info