Remove Ancient Reliquary Keys from the game at the end of the Legacy League

As in topic - it obviously doesn't work for most people. People seem to be not satisfied with such chase item, as they assume it should be somewhat common. Increasing the drop rate will trivialize getting legacy items, therefore absolutely stomping on regular uniques.
Removing them entirely seems like an other option. While I'd love them to stay, it seems like the only one. :/

Note: I don't know if Legacy will make it to the game. I'm just assuming it would be added in one form or another.
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
Last edited by Perq on Mar 22, 2017, 9:19:39 AM
Last bumped on Mar 24, 2017, 3:01:30 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Actually i am starting to believe there is evidence to support that the rate should be boosted - what is the point of making items available in this league if they are so rare they are pretty much extinct - like relic kaoms just how many of those have ever been offered for trade?

I'd rather see them do some boosts, but then at end of league destroy all relic items rather than transfer to standard and ofc not keep those items in the game, they are legacy for a reason.

Maybe they think if they make they so extraordinarily rare that it's impossible to get them then they can keep them(talking about the best legacy items), but what sense is there in that? I can see it as a psychological hook of the neverending carrot but.. i think those types of illusions that you figure out to be deceptional are actually destructive once players figure that out.
I am the light of the morning and the shadow on the wall, I am nothing and I am all.
Last edited by Crackmonster on Mar 22, 2017, 9:29:59 AM
"
Crackmonster wrote:

i think those types of illusions that you figure out to be deceptional are actually destructive once players figure that out.

They aren't, unless you expect to get them, almost on demand. And it seems our current community doesn't understand that concept, and instead of assuming that they are something that you might get by very low chance, they instead EXPECT to get one.

I mean, we have Mirror of Kalandra in the game. Why aren't people complaining about not getting one after 4k hours played? How is that different? Is having Mirror of Kalandra any different? No. It is just that people don't EXPECT to get one, therefore they are ok with it being in the game, and never getting one.

It is just that people WANT those items so bad, maybe partially because of streamers buying massive amounts of those. Maybe GGG is also to blame, because they hyped community into thinking they will all get legacy Kaom's and whatnot... I don't know. But it seems at this point it is better to get rid of them.
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
Last edited by Perq on Mar 22, 2017, 9:39:49 AM
I think the problem lies in the legacy items. Key drop rates could be boosted a little bit, but drops should be boosted alot. The few keys i've gotten gave me a legacy trash item that had worse mod values than the current trash version. (that killed this system for me, selling all (if any) future keys)
"
Perq wrote:
"
Crackmonster wrote:

i think those types of illusions that you figure out to be deceptional are actually destructive once players figure that out.

They aren't, unless you expect to get them, almost on demand. And it seems our current community doesn't understand that concept, and instead of assuming that they are something that you might get by very low chance, they instead EXPECT to get one.

I mean, we have Mirror of Kalandra in the game. Why aren't people complaining about not getting one after 4k hours played? How is that different? Is having Mirror of Kalandra any different? No. It is just that people don't EXPECT to get one, therefore they are ok with it being in the game, and never getting one.

It is just that people WANT those items so bad, maybe partially because of streamers buying massive amounts of those. Maybe GGG is also to blame, because they hyped community into thinking they will all get legacy Kaom's and whatnot... I don't know. But it seems at this point it is better to get rid of them.

I guess they maybe aren't directly destructive. I just think that things that are in the game should be achieveable for someone who plays at least half of the full day everyday. And as with poe we are always just talking about trying to get one character to the godly level over multiple months.. there should be room every league to get multiple characters to godly level if you really put in a lot of time, in my opinion. I guess now with ES maybe that's also quite possible because just getting high es rolls isn't really that hard again.
I am the light of the morning and the shadow on the wall, I am nothing and I am all.
Op is trolling hard. Only an idiot would believe GGG will introduce legacy chest in standard. It was only a legacy temp league option and never will get introduced again.

I am sure the stones will go to std but not the chest.

Also mirror and key is not the fucking same thing. We all know the key will give 99.9% trash items. So already a key is playing slot machine, this is why we want the drop rate of those keys raised.

Mirror is rare but once it drop it s value is enormous.

The keys? Like etup showed you can buy 144 of them and get shit, so little is the chance to get a good item that them being so rare is retarded.
Poe Pvp experience
https://youtu.be/Z6eg3aB_V1g?t=302
Last edited by Head_Less on Mar 22, 2017, 10:38:41 AM
"
Head_Less wrote:
Op is trolling hard. Only an idiot would believe GGG will introduce legacy chest in standard. It was only a legacy temp league option and never will get introduced again.

Also mirror and key is not the fucking same thing. We all know the key will give 99.9% trash items. So already a key is playing slot machine, this is why we want the drop rate of those keys raised.

The keys? Like etup showed you can buy 144 of them and get shit, so little is the chance to get a good item that them being so rare is retarded.

Actually, the ancient reliquary keys could be kept at least on Standard, as you already have a considerable amount of Legacy items, which are ALL of a similar/better quality than most of the new "relics", and then you could focus on having the gameplay balance adjusted with these in mind...

If they want to revamp Standard as the new "Legacy" league starting from 3.0, having legacy items always available even for new starting players, would be the way to go, and would also add to the depth of the game. Having the possibility that relics could turn up "trash" just as regular items, is the balancing factor, as they could adjust the rarity of the ancient reliquary keys as needed, and I will remind you that GGG is letting the market to be player regulated, so their addition could only further the lenght of the "dangling carrot"...
PSS: Our almighty TencentGGG overlords are very scrupulous regarding criticizing their abilities to take proper decisions and consider everything "needlessly harsh and condescending"...

Good to know "free speech" doesn't apply in any form or manner on the forums these days...
Last edited by sofocle10000 on Mar 22, 2017, 10:58:29 AM
"
sofocle10000 wrote:
"
Head_Less wrote:

Actually, the ancient reliquary keys could be kept at least on Standard, as you already have a considerable amount of Legacy items, which are ALL of a similar/better quality than most of the new "relics", and then you could focus on having the gameplay balance adjusted with these in mind...

If they want to revamp Standard as the new "Legacy" league starting from 3.0, having legacy items always available even for new starting players, would be the way to go, and would also add to the depth of the game. Having the possibility that relics could turn up "trash" just as regular items, is the balancing factor, as they could adjust the rarity of the ancient reliquary keys as needed, and I will remind you that GGG is letting the market to be player regulated, so their addition could only further the lenght of the "dangling carrot"...

Standard and leagues have the same engine so if they drop in standard they drop in the game too. These things went legacy in the first place because the devs decided they should not exist, so if they change their mind I would rather have them just drop like that all the time.
"
Standard and leagues have the same engine so if they drop in standard they drop in the game too. These things went legacy in the first place because the devs decided they should not exist, so if they change their mind I would rather have them just drop like that all the time.

By making those keys drop on leagues more rarely than mirrors you technically make them unavailable, so leagues might not be influenced at all by ARK.

Of course, having them drop as usual items all the time would be the best choice, but by having them set up with ARKs, they just dangle the "grinding carrot" towards absurd levels, and make the items available, but not feasibly obtainable...
PSS: Our almighty TencentGGG overlords are very scrupulous regarding criticizing their abilities to take proper decisions and consider everything "needlessly harsh and condescending"...

Good to know "free speech" doesn't apply in any form or manner on the forums these days...
"
Perq wrote:
"
Crackmonster wrote:

The difference is, that the mirror item or any item for that matter, will always be there. Some might play for 5 years before finding it, but they have a realistic chance to find it.

Those relic items, will be gone in about two months, there will be no chance to get them, therefore the players are annoyed by the fact that these keys never drop and if they do, the items are worthless.

Gaming companies always fall into that trap, they add stuff that is hard to find, but at the same time, they will remove it again, so that "being hard" to find, becomes a "chore" and turns a fun long time achievement, to a hated addition in the game.

Seasons are very short already, most players will never reach level 100 or find the top loot, but there is at least standard, what is there, once the keys are gone with the current season? They will not move to standard...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info