Energy From Within

"
Energy from Within has 3 optimal jewel socket locations.

The best one is Melding as people have pointed out which converts to 40% ES from Melding Cluster alone.

The next one is the Socket north of the Witch converting Heart and Soul and Cruel Preparation which gives 36% ES

The third and optimal spot is the Jewel Socket Right of the Shadow Area allocating on Blood Drinker and Nullification which gives 25% ES.

Melding converts 40%? 25% is already ES it only converts 15%.

By that logic the best position is in the duelist area where it can convert up to 38% life to es

The second best in the witch area where it can convert up to 36% life to es

Third, scion's area where it can convert up to 31% life to es (i havent checked this but if constitution is included in the jewel's radious then this position can grant up to a whooping 45% conversion making it the best option).

In the fourth position comes the socket above RT with a possible conversion up to 30%

Fifth is the marauder's area where it can convert up to 28% life to es

Now if you factor in your initial path, point investment and if you would actually travel or choose some areas things change a lot. The only truth is that EFW in melding is as good as socketing it below quick recovery (1% difference) and one could legitimately argue that quick recovery is better cause it needs 3 points when melding needs 4 and then another could counterargue that you would no matter what invested in melding even without the jewel making the cost 0 and thats why melding is commonly (right or wrong is up to each one) considered the best option.
Inundated with cockroaches, I am

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1609216 - labyrinth rework ideas/suggestions
Last edited by Regulator on Mar 25, 2017, 7:26:38 PM
I bought one for Melding cluster but i'm not sure if it's actually worth 2ex now that i think about it. It only gives 13% extra ES over a rare jewel, but you can also get 2-3 extra affixes on a rare jewel, and likely pay less than 2ex for it.
Yeah, that about sums up the problem with Energy From Within as it stands now - it's a pretty good Jewel, but not for something ridiculous like 50c, let alone multiple Exalts. It's basically drop-only if you ask me.
"
Regulator wrote:

I'm referring to the Combined ES total you'd be getting from the aforementioned Clusters when added together with the ES already granted. Of course you'll only be really getting actually 15% more ES from Melding.

It's previous average price was more realistic with what you got from it though. 5-10c was what you'd expect for what it did on builds that demanded ES. The stealth nerf to its drop rate just made it harder to maintain.
Just another Forum Signature in a Sea of Signatures.
"
Perq wrote:
Fun thing is that it isn't even that good... lol. Sure, you will get some %es, but with the amounts ES gets, those few % doesn't make whole lot of a difference. You could get one for say 10c, but if you are buying one for 2ex... you're a fool. :P
Pretty sure there are plenty others things one can upgrade for 2ex, that will have far bigger impact than this.

Simply put: don't be a sheep, don't follow builds/streamers blindly. If you do, it is your own fault.

Say that to a lot rf guard, that wants nothing more than as much efficient es as he can get. Granted I have pretty fucking GG gear, still 400-500 es from quick recovery is pretty nice even for 2 ex. Other than maybe my gloves there's not much I can upgrade "easily" at 2 ex. Happy so called sheep right now.
XBOX-----------------
Kitava Supporter
Dominator Supporter
1st Lvl 100: Incursion League
1st SSF UE, UA, and Shaper: Delve League
"
krenderke wrote:
Not everyone likes to screw around with shitty rare jewels, I rarely pick up jewel sockets on my trees, and even then only because it is 1 point reach or I want to slam in a unique jewel.

Melding is the most efficient ES cluster on the tree if you convert it.

Aren't jewel sockets the most efficient spent points if you have good jewels? From my experience it is usually worth it to drop 2 points from generic nodes and get a jewel which gives same states + some other bonuses. It does cost, yes, but seems to me that it is a end-game option of upgrading my char. :V

Oh, and I found Energy from Within. I have a CI trapper, but I sold it... 2,5ex, lol.
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info