Worth keeping old characters?

I've searched online for this answer, to no avail.

I have a character of each kind, some starting act 3, some still in act 2, all level 22-28. All, from prior to even the Forsaken Masters. I know there have been plenty of content updates, and many new skill gems and probably better items to be found earlier. Basically took a few years off.

So, I've been pondering just deleting these characters, or whether they are worth continuing with? Some had some nice uniques, etc. But, are they disadvantaged, by not meeting Masters earlier, etc, etc, etc?

Not to mention I think some of the early skill gems are better now.

Thanks for any help...seemed like a pretty simple question, but not so easy to search for!:)
Last bumped on Mar 22, 2017, 6:29:33 PM
Honestly at level 22-28 you are still kind of at the start of the game. There is no reason to delete characters unless your roster is full. But I would start a new character to get into the new flow of things. You will get it to the same level as your other characters quickly enough.
Last edited by Bardharr on Mar 21, 2017, 6:39:35 PM
If the characters were high level I would probably keep them as with the regular passive resets we get, they are like new characters with a bunch of skill points to start.

But with lower levels, I'd probably delete.

Personal preference.

That being said, I think Bardharr hits the nail on the head.
"We don't want to take away the feeling of closing your eyes and Exalting an item, scared to see whether you ruined it or not." - Harvest Manifesto 3/10/2021

So unbelievably inane it has to be memorialized.
Last edited by Dspayre on Mar 21, 2017, 7:13:47 PM
"
billybgame wrote:
But, are they disadvantaged, by not meeting Masters earlier, etc, etc, etc?

Master progress is account bound across each league, so starting a new character would still maintain your master XP (assuming you are still going to play in standard league).

That being said, the XP masters get from quests goes up drastically as you get later in the game. Doing 1 quest in merciless would make up for skipping a bunch of acts in normal. Some people actually see it as a waste of time to even start picking up the master quests until merciless; then they can just finish 1 merc quest and immediately the master will jump up several levels.
Legacy SC IGN: Octora
Standard SC IGN: Octyte
Thanks for the insights. I think I probably will delete them, now that I just got my Duelist past Dominus and rescued my first Scion!

Dominus sure scared me away from Hardcore, though!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info