Opinion; Legacy economy is rekt, but not because of the reason you think.

"
markww wrote:
"
MeWhenum wrote:
"
cronus wrote:
in the 5 years i played poe i think i used zana mods ... twice?

tried to craft headhunter, failed of course.

Well even if you personally don't use them it's hard to deny that people do use them, and a lot. Especially last league where everyone was running perandus for the challenge, which was glorious. Exalts were actually slammable. This league though, wow. I've never seen exalt prices get so high so quickly. Coincidence? Maybe, but I'm inclined to think not.

'everybody'

anything other than anecdotal evidence for that statement?

this thread https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1817180 shows how few players actually go for challenges. Only a tiny percentage ever get to red maps and I'd imagine very few people actually use chaos on map mods rather than on gear or crafting.

Must we really quibble over my exact wording? Obviously not "everybody" uses them regardless of the context. Not "everybody" does anything in this game.

However, many people absolutely do use the mods, and the people that do are also the ones who farm the most and have the most influence on the economy. Unless you think that exalts dropping globally from 72 to 40 chaos last league was just a random coincidence?
That's a good point, I never really thought of the Zana mods as a chaos sink, but you guys are right! That being said, now I will have more chaos to, as someone said, spam those regalia's for that 950 ES chestpiece.

I think the discussions around the ex/chaos market are fascinating. I work in oil and gas so my job is predicated on similar trends in supply/demand oil and gas pricing. It is very similar, but in a GAME. Awesome!
"
MeWhenum wrote:
"
cronus wrote:

Well even if you personally don't use them it's hard to deny that people do use them, and a lot. Especially last league where everyone was running perandus for the challenge, which was glorious. Exalts were actually slammable. This league though, wow. I've never seen exalt prices get so high so quickly. Coincidence? Maybe, but I'm inclined to think not.

i was just suggesting that average players like me have way too few chaos orbs to run these zana modes.

i also completely missed the perandus challenge part because of that.
"
cronus wrote:
"
MeWhenum wrote:
"
cronus wrote:

i was just suggesting that average players like me have way too few chaos orbs to run these zana modes.

i also completely missed the perandus challenge part because of that.

That is true, and I don't run them at the start of the league for that reason too.

Generally the people who are affecting the market in substantial ways (the people who do have the money to burn on mods) consume most of the chaos and dictate to a large extent how prices fluctuate, which is what I'm trying to get at here with this post.
Now that exalts have continued to inflate much faster than any previous league (even post bug fix) I think this topic is even more relevant. Anybody else want to comment?
Paying 2 chaos for 12% quantity and giving monsters either 79% more life or 24% more damage is beyond stupid. There are very few builds that would not put themselves in danger of being a 1 shot or agonizingly increasing the total map run time so the gain in quantity is more than nullified by increased risk of death or slow down in map completion.

Prior you could pay 2 chaos for 12% quantity and 25% MORE magic mobs which noticeably increased exp as well as map drop gains which was a worthwhile investment.

I'm sure GGG telemetry of zana mod usage would back up this claim.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
Last edited by Nephalim on Mar 23, 2017, 1:15:37 PM
"
MeWhenum wrote:
Now first of all please don't flame me, I am not defending the bug abusers nor am I suggesting they don't deserve whatever punishment is coming for them.

I don't think the economy has been destroyed because of the bug. For the most part, infinite resources would make prices drop, not go up

Not unless you wanna win in life.
Can't say that this argument doesn't have any merit.

Zana needs to be made meaningful again. Especially if stones are to be made core. (and let's face it, we all want them to be made core and will push for it.)
Last edited by Apos912 on Mar 23, 2017, 4:15:18 PM
Yep. Less sink... more supply. More supply, lower value.

But that doesn't "rekt" an economy... it just redefines it. Chaos will be worth less in this league than previous leagues. Get over it.
If Zana mods are terrible, won't people just buy good leaguestones to run instead?
Timezone: GMT +10 (Australia). CASUAL player but I play whenever I can.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info