Just saw something cool...

"
MonstaMunch wrote:
"
Frostbolt crit totems used to be a top tier build in Beta.

Frostbolt didn't exist in beta.... I think you're thinking of ice spear ;)

:( Ok boys... going to start giving out currency for help. 10c payment on HC Legacy for help.

Actually figured out I can use Soul Mantle.
Last edited by dsata on Mar 21, 2017, 11:06:00 PM
"
dsata wrote:
"
MonstaMunch wrote:
"
Frostbolt crit totems used to be a top tier build in Beta.

Frostbolt didn't exist in beta.... I think you're thinking of ice spear ;)

:( Ok boys... going to start giving out currency for help. 10c payment on HC Legacy for help.

I play ssf and I'm not good enough at this game to charge for help anyway. A few tips I can give as someone who has played a lot of totem builds, and is currently trying self cast frostbolt on a spare 4l (mainly using cascade, just have the frostbolts at a tryout thing to see what they are like).:

- With a couple of notable exceptions, you generally won't get great damage from using spell totems with lmp/gmp. They each give spell damage reduction, which is pretty big when combined (at lvl 20 spell totem and gmp are 26% damage reduction each). You're literally stacking damage reductions.

- Selfcast frostbolt seems to have good potential for fast mob clears, but I don't see any way of getting high single target damage with it. To me that's a problem. I play hc ssf, I couldn't use two 6 links even if I had them, which I don't. That's partly why I'm building cascade instead, because it works well for both aoe and single target on just one setup.

- I think they seem better suited to crit builds than controlled destruction. Critting with cold skills is also great defensively. Even if you don't one shot stuff, you freeze or chill it before anything reaches you.

Just try it out. If you like it then keep going, if you don't then try something else. ez.
"
鬼殺し wrote:
Monsta: single target high damage from frostbolt is achieved with the secondary vortex rip. It turns some of the white mob clear spam into boss killers. The burst and Dot is great. Hell, I facetank some bosses with echo vortex spam. The chill means your es is very hard to punch through. Mind you, that's just low tier maps.

Oh, I tried crit because I'm a shadow but honestly elemental overload is where it's at. Frees up all those crit multi nodes.

Controlled destruction and elemental focus are nonos in my book, for obvious reasons. Get your vortex damage from conc effect.

Oh, and vortex overcomes proximity shields. And it's good against reflect because the DoT doesn't reflect, just the initial burst. I believe.

Thank you both for your feedback - any chance you could check out my char and see what you guys think? Missing my ice rings but I get those at lvl 68 and have 2 of them.
I got inspired by this thread and i thought i'd try to make a build for myself. If i should belive path of building, only using sire of shards, frostbolt setup and skill tree i get around 30k dps (i think its per projectile?), and thats without the threshold jewels. But im going templar/inquisitor instead of witch. Passive tree in spoiler.
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAUBAAKWAuMEswVCB6UJqgthDFIOPBBYEMwRDxEtFHEXVBzcHwIigSW8KPoqEyycLKcwlzI0MtE2xTmKOw08LUGWRKFFR0bXSbJKxEwtTLNOrlZKV5RY5VorXl1mVGaeaFho8nGFcg9yqXsgfIOBr4Kbg1-DzIPzhXuJ2IuMjYKOPI8akm6Ub5UEmjuce56hnwGiAKPyp5Soua4SrrOvbK-bsQWxNrFCtz64k7jQvFbAZsCaxPbGrtAf0PXR5NH90nzVpteW2L3Z_No620_fv-DD4XPqGOvu7DjtIO087WHv6_Af8xH2rvcy-JP46_nd_gr-hw==

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info