We have to start league agan.

Since day 1 no one has cared about osmething like this. There have been / are streamers who blatantly cheat through the game and GGG puts more effort into these kind of responses.
Aside as already mentioned the majority of the playerbase wasn't even affected.
Competition is also not PoE's strong point. That's like competing in a sport on an uneven field with a bribed referee.
Thing is we do not know if someone was banned over this and there are constantly people getting banned, some propably multiple times already. And it is easy to assume that just because someone is well equipped early that he cheated, there are some clear cases, but there are a whole lot of muddy ones.

We had one league were we dropped two shavronnes wappings in the first 10 maps we did that league, which is incredible unlikely and allowed us to equip the characters completly before even reaching lvl75.

So what does things like full chayula equip even mean, that they found 3 uniques? Not only seem chayula breaches a lot more common anyway (I usually get one every 2 breach stones anyway) and those uniques are not too rare if you are able to get the breaches they drop in. And Skin of the Loyal is actually more expensive than it was early in the last league.

This league also propably has the highest amount of league content anyway. Because if you run a breach stone for every map you are likely at the point you were last league, were you had maps without breaches, but also some with more, but on average you had about 1, however you can now find more splinters, get safe chayula breaches and there are also stones that add more breaches. So I would expect things to be at least as common anyway if not more common.

I do hope that there are at least some bans for the worst offenders, because it does make a difference to which extend people used that. And although this isn't something that harms other players directly I strongly believe that people using those exploits wouldn't shy away from those that could hurt other players.
No-one shuld get banned for this "exploit".

1.) Its entirely GGG's fault for not catching it sooner and fixing it in time

2.) With all dem hidden and undocumented mechanics in game, it is not 100% possible to know what is a feature and what is a bug. I mean you can guess with a % of certainty, but you cannot be 100% sure until GGG makes a statement or fixes / changes it.

The "affixes cannot be changed" scour crafting was "exploited" by the elites for a long time before the mechanic become public and confirmed as a feature. Those who knew the mechanic got an economic edge over those who didn't know. And you couldn't be 100% sure it is a feature and not a bug, since GGG never released any public statement on it.

TLDR:
Its entirely GGG's fault / responsibility to inform / fix / prevent, therefore no-one should be banned for using this.
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
Last edited by morbo on Mar 21, 2017, 7:08:31 AM
"
morbo wrote:
No-one shuld get banned for this "exploit".

1.) Its entirely GGG's fault for not catching it sooner and fixing it in time

2.) With all dem hidden and undocumented mechanics in game, it is not 100% possible to know what is a feature and what is a bug. I mean you can guess with a % of certainty, but you cannot be 100% sure until GGG makes a statement or fixes / changes it.

The "affixes cannot be changed" scour crafting was "exploited" by the elites for a long time before the mechanic become public and confirmed as a feature. Those who knew the mechanic got an economic edge over those who didn't know. And you couldn't be 100% sure it is a feature and not a bug, since GGG never released any public statement on it.

TLDR:
Its entirely GGG's fault / responsibility to inform / fix / prevent, therefore no-one should be banned for using this.

Even if they didnt patch it right as it was reported the player should not use bugs to gain things (kinda sure this is in the TOS or whatever) most likely stats that use of bugs or exploits is bannable if repeated

Its the players duty to not use such bugs but report them so they can be fixed

Also blue stones are a bit rare also you can run out of stones easy as ive ran out multiple times already and had to farm harvest to get more
"
Lynerus wrote:
Even if they didnt patch it right as it was reported the player should not use bugs to gain things (kinda sure this is in the TOS or whatever) most likely stats that use of bugs or exploits is bannable if repeated

Only if GGG officially came out with a warning: this is a bug, don't use it or you'll get banned. It could even be a private message, to anyone who was noticed to use this.

The scour behaviour on affixes cannot be changed master craft, could easily be just a bug, there is no way for the player to know 100% what is an undocumented mechanic and what is a bug, until GGG confirms or denies it. Ofc this leaguestone behaviour is a bit more obvious to be a bug, but still - no one should be banned, unless they were warned beforehand.
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
Last edited by morbo on Mar 21, 2017, 7:45:37 AM
"
Only if GGG officially came out with a warning: this is a bug, don't use it or you'll get banned. It could even be a private message, to anyone who was noticed to use this.

This exactly though they would be dumb to post in public and not use a PM for it since people are notoriously curious and some might not be able to stop themselves from "just trying it".

Bottom line is no one should be banned since it was GGG's fault the exploit was there in the first place. This isn't as if people were using software or something clearly already prohibited.
Censored.
Anyone that uses and abuses a exploit without reporting it, and continue to make profit from the gains, should be banned permanently.

I am sure that is a standard TOS violation anyway, so that is a written warning. If GGG does nothing about this, they may as well toss the whole idea of a ladder and races and everything competitive.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die. " ~ Hunter S Thompson ~
Unless you're at the top of ladder why would you care? And I have news for you - those tippy toppers cheat like mofo even w/o this bug. Things like bot farms running to feed their mains currency to makros.
Git R Dun!
"
morbo wrote:
"
Lynerus wrote:

The scour behaviour on affixes cannot be changed master craft, could easily be just a bug, there is no way for the player to know 100% what is an undocumented mechanic and what is a bug, until GGG confirms or denies it. Ofc this leaguestone behaviour is a bit more obvious to be a bug, but still - no one should be banned, unless they were warned beforehand.

From what I have seen this is a totally different situation. To reliably cause this behavior you had to force it. It wasn't something happening accidently. I doubt they would ban someone who accidently did not consume a charge, but if someone abused this he likely got over a 100 uses out of one leaguestone and that is a bit different.

Of course you have to look at each exploit individually and some like the scouring thing could happen without knowledge because you could expect it to work like that, but you would never expect charges not to be consumed intentionally in this scenario.
I haven't read the other replies so sorry if I'm just repeating other people's thoughts but no, we don't have to start the league again. I was admittedly upset when I first heard the news of the exploit, and I was frustrated to hear that people who knew about it didn't report it right away (though I guess I'm not surprised). That being said, I don't think it's a big enough deal to warrant a complete reset. As others have probably already stated, those who are rich will just get rich again, those who are poor will stay poor, etc.

Enjoy the game for what it is and stop worrying so much about others abusing the game in ways that you probably wouldn't have even noticed without others speaking up. GGG already stated they took care of it, and whether or not they're sincere about the numbers, there's not much else to dwell on.

Spoiler
Can we take a minute and appreciate how much the Reddit community flip flops? Not saying it's everyone, but people who were in an uproar the other day all now feel like chastised children of a disappointed stepfather because of one official statement by Chris. Go figure.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info