GGG said they dont want to make Mystery boxes better and threatened us

From the Q&A

"
Do you guys intend to improve mystery boxes in a way that we don't end up having multiple copies of the same item? Multiple portal effects of the sae portal for example is pretty obsolete.

If we made this change, they would have to be massively more expensive than they currently are. Is this a tradeoff you would prefer?

this sounds so arrogant that its a sad PR move

especially since there are easy way to make WIN WIN situations

i.e.
Since we cant gift mtx (for rmt reasons which is logical), it would be awesome if we could redeem. redeeming a certain number of mtx from a same theme + buying a redeeming ticket to make a new mystery box

- lets give a random number, 3 Darkness related mtx and get a new mystery box. Add a permanant mtx icon in the mtx tab and use it to redeem mtx.

i think by itself it would incite people to by even more boxes knowing that they can redeem the crap.

But if GGG is scared to lose boxes sales, they can also add an Mtx " Mystery Wrapping machine" that cost, lets say, 10GGGold and allows you to redeem the excess. Right click on the Wrapping machine Mtx, a trade window will appear, you have to place 3 mtx* of a same Box in order for it to work.

*cannot be applied to consumable mtx, the ones that come in stacks

note: this could also apply to former past mystery boxes (to get rid of those 30 verdant rain of arrow...)
ZiggyD is the Labyrinth of streamers, some like it, some dont, but GGG will make sure to push it down ur throat to make you like it
Last edited by Sexcalibure on Mar 20, 2017, 2:59:06 PM
Last bumped on Mar 20, 2017, 5:55:11 PM
I think it's pretty clear that you can't read.
It isn't rocket science.

Individually, 90% of the MTX from the boxes are cheaper than the box itself.

If you only had to buy x boxes to get all of the MTX that are in them, you'd make a huge profit. So naturally, the price of the boxes would have to go up to at least meet the average cost of all the MTX contained.

If you'd have spent 3 seconds thinking about it, but judgind from how much of a dramaqueen you are, i guess you just cant supress your twichy fingers that long.
"
ZachInTheBox wrote:
I think it's pretty clear that you can't read.

To be fair, he is a native French speaker, so there are cultural differences in implications via wording.

Also, not everyone has taken a basic economics class, so they may not be familiar with the idea of free markets maximizing social welfare due to opportunity costs creating net benefit from trade.

I like original poster's suggestion, though. If I'm reading it right, it sounds like a MTX version of the Mysterious Gift Prophecy (Five for One... BUT WHAT IS THE ONE?????)
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
"
adghar wrote:

To be fair, he is a native French speaker, so there are cultural differences in implications via wording.

I'm french and I understood the post perfectly.
Structure wise I don't think the boxes are an issue, they are lottery tickets?

The way that the answer is worded is pretty fucked up, though.
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
"
Cataca wrote:
It isn't rocket science.

Lol because you think GGG doesnt manipulate the odds of getting the mtx?

and GGG doesnt care the value of the Mtx the person get because its pixels, that person would have probably never bought that mTX so they go from a 30% mtx that would have never sold, so 0$ to 3$... thats a huge profit
thats not rocket science

also if you add a way to redeem copies and make people pay for it, its just more $$ that wouldnt have come otherwise and it also remove the negative tint that Mystery boxes have
ZiggyD is the Labyrinth of streamers, some like it, some dont, but GGG will make sure to push it down ur throat to make you like it
Last edited by Sexcalibure on Mar 20, 2017, 10:45:49 AM
"
Sexcalibure wrote:
"
Cataca wrote:
It isn't rocket science.

and GGG doesnt care the value of the Mtx the person get because its pixels, that person would have probably never bought that mTX so they go from a 30% mtx that would have never sold, so 0$ to 3$... thats a huge profit
thats not rocket science

also if you add a way to redeem copies and make people pay for it, its just more $$ that wouldnt have come otherwise and it also remove the negative tint that Mystery boxes have

I can make up fake statistics and accusations too.
I mean, they literally posted the odds with the boxes..
"
Sexcalibure wrote:

GGG never does enough for you, do they? :P

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1844310
"
In the interest of being transparent, we've decided to reveal the odds of each microtransaction in the box. They're grouped into three rarities: Rare, Uncommon and Common. The microtransactions within each rarity each have the same odds. Here are the odds of receiving a microtransaction from each rarity:
Rare: 20%
Uncommon: 35%
Common: 45%
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info