UAE (emirates) players getting constant disconnections on all gateways, please help.

"
Missedupmind wrote:

Hi... I’m sorry but as I mentioned it can’t be an ISP issue for the following reasons :

1- UAE have 2 ISP providers who are facing the same problems.

2- The issue has only arise in the week right before legacy league.

3- It is not only localized to UAE, as u can see in this thread and other threads on this same forum.

4- All other games / apps are working perfectly with no problems.

5- The problem varies in intensity from one gate to the other and from one period of time in the day from the other.

6- I have followed up as some other player with their ISP providers to correct the issue and there were no issues to be found.

I’m not trying to play the playing game, nor am I looking for some sort of statement from GGG that the issue exists. All I need is for the issue to be resolved.

Yet I and other players with the exact same problem from UAE and other regions with the same exact issue always get the generic answer of (check with your ISP). Which as we have mentioned the majority did.

When it is working perfectly for the last 5 or more years and it suddenly drops the ball after a patch few weeks ago (while there were no changes in service as per my ISP, which u can check their services updates on their official site), it is not an ISP problem, especially when the problem is ONLY LOCLISED IN POE.

Again, I’m hoping for a serious response from GGG, I’m still in hopes of join the current league.

1. irrelevant since the only one that matters is the one you are on. if your ISP sucks then who cares if the other is doing good.

2. i know its being a little pedantic here but its 2 weeks since you want to call attention to it. your first post was Feb 14 and Legacy League dropped on Feb 28. that is 2 weeks.

3. no its not. however, you made this thread localized when you created it. so trying to drag the rest of the forum in is not going to work as an argument. i am sorry but thats just reality. when you made it "UAE players getting disconnected.." you pushed out anyone not in the UAE area and also pushed out any way you could use the rest of the forum to point to and say "hey those guys are disconnecting too", because no its not the same issue as you have.

4. all other games/apps are not PoE. they may connect different, not require the same ports, and may even take different routes entirely. you just can't make this comparison.

5. this is actually a classic network overload symptom. where if you find that during one part of the day your internet works great and during another (usually what is considered "peak hours") your internet is crap then it is highly likely your ISP network is overloaded ("over saturated") and your ISP needs to do an upgrade to accomadate the high traffic. the typical results you will see here is lower than rated speed, packet loss, high latency, and if it gets bad enough random modem disconnection.

6. its good you asked around, just remember that there are a LOT of people that even though they say "nothing is wrong" it doesnt necessarily mean that literally nothing is wrong. it just means they may not know something is wrong. many times the average user wont recognize a problem unless there is a major outage that totally cuts off their service or the slow down is so bad that they lose like 80% of their speed making browsing and watching videos feel like its moving at a snails pace.

if you want a response from GGG you need to EMAIL them. the forum is a community forum.
For technical support: techsupport@grindinggear.com

"
M0rO wrote:
"
Dark_Kobal wrote:
I am amazed that GGG failing to respond to this issue which has been brought up multiple amount of times/post over the past 2 months.. if i remember correctly the update/patch before the legacy patch towards the end of breach league started this whole freaking mess.. That when all the post in technical forums started popping up from this region.

Before that update this game worked without any issues lags disconnect etc.. So i dont know whether it is really our ISP fault or the GGG update that started this whole mess.. Currently i am using pingzapper to play this game.. But i feel like i am being forced to pay for that vpn service just to play this game only.. Cuzz rest of all the games provided by other companies creating no issues what so ever..

Two months is a really long time not to get a single reply...

no... this has nothing to do with GGG as you can see in the OP it has everything to do with their ISP. which if you dont provide a WinMTR then its hard to say what it is for you. likely though it is your ISP.

if you look at this thread: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1839668

there are in fact a lot of people in the UAE area that have issues because of ISP issues. a solution that was suggested in that thread was using programs similar to "pingzapper".

GGG really has nothing to do with this problem.

Are you a GGG employee if not than why are you posting here. Go lurk somewhere else.. NO one asked for your ....

Coming back to the point This game is run by GGG.. If you browse through the forum over the past few years, you will find post where there have been issues with fps drop and latency spikes for players from different parts of this world when GGG deployed new patches... SO no its not always the ISP fault..

And regarding your point of different games using different ports usually when ISP is causing the fault than ALL games either lag or get disconnected.. it is rarely the case where only one game suffers and rest of the games work normal.

Seriously pls stop replying here if you aint gonna help cause to me it seems that you got issues with players of this region..
"
M0rO wrote:

1. irrelevant since the only one that matters is the one you are on. if your ISP sucks then who cares if the other is doing good.

The other one is not doing well... as I mentioned its having the same problems. And mentioning it goes to the problem not localized to my ISP.

"
M0rO wrote:

2. i know its being a little pedantic here but its 2 weeks since you want to call attention to it. your first post was Feb 14 and Legacy League dropped on Feb 28. that is 2 weeks.

Yes it is... and as u can see I haven’t reupped or replied to the thread that often as I thought that the "check with your ISP" reply had some merit, and only started a new one now that I’m 100% sure it’s not ISP issue, PC issue, or localized to my area.

"
M0rO wrote:

3. no its not. however, you made this thread localized when you created it. so trying to drag the rest of the forum in is not going to work as an argument. i am sorry but thats just reality. when you made it "UAE players getting disconnected.." you pushed out anyone not in the UAE area and also pushed out any way you could use the rest of the forum to point to and say "hey those guys are disconnecting too", because no its not the same issue as you have.

U seem to think that I’m trying to start or win an argument... I really have no interest in starting one, nor was I trying to rally anyone. I mentioned it specifically in UAE so if there is any special circumstances to this region I would be informed. I need this problem fixed so I won’t discuss the optimum wording of which I should have chosen and won’t reply to side argument.

PS: Some of the threads make the exact same description of the problems they are having... I’ll be happy to link some here that I either replied to or checking them to see any updates were posted.

again, I'm doing this in hopes i would give more information to get the matter resolved ASAP.

"
M0rO wrote:

4. all other games/apps are not PoE. they may connect different, not require the same ports, and may even take different routes entirely. you just can't make this comparison.

It goes to the stability and the quality of the connection.
Having said that you mentioned that POE is different from other apps and games yet it is not localized to POE as mentioned in ur previous point?

"
M0rO wrote:

5. this is actually a classic network overload symptom. where if you find that during one part of the day your internet works great and during another (usually what is considered "peak hours") your internet is crap then it is highly likely your ISP network is overloaded ("over saturated") and your ISP needs to do an upgrade to accomadate the high traffic. the typical results you will see here is lower than rated speed, packet loss, high latency, and if it gets bad enough random modem disconnection.

As I mentioned... Been having the problem sense the last post and checked on various times of the day.

And again... my ISP is not crap... Seems ur trying to jump to that conclusion quickly for some reason. However I am willing to provide whatever necessary proof once I’m asked by someone who cares to help.

"
M0rO wrote:

6. its good you asked around, just remember that there are a LOT of people that even though they say "nothing is wrong" it doesnt necessarily mean that literally nothing is wrong. it just means they may not know something is wrong. many times the average user wont recognize a problem unless there is a major outage that totally cuts off their service or the slow down is so bad that they lose like 80% of their speed making browsing and watching videos feel like its moving at a snails pace.

i agree there are alot of people and im just trying to get a slice of GGG's attention and im being patiant as you can see.

"
M0rO wrote:

if you want a response from GGG you need to EMAIL them. the forum is a community forum.
For technical support: techsupport@grindinggear.com

Already did and I do appreciate the reply however lacking in help it is. However just a reminder I’m neither trying to start/win an argument, rally players nor make idle chat. So u'll have to excuse me if I don’t reply to the next reply if it’s not helpful or to the point.

"
Dark_Kobal wrote:
Spoiler
"
M0rO wrote:
"
Dark_Kobal wrote:
I am amazed that GGG failing to respond to this issue which has been brought up multiple amount of times/post over the past 2 months.. if i remember correctly the update/patch before the legacy patch towards the end of breach league started this whole freaking mess.. That when all the post in technical forums started popping up from this region.

Before that update this game worked without any issues lags disconnect etc.. So i dont know whether it is really our ISP fault or the GGG update that started this whole mess.. Currently i am using pingzapper to play this game.. But i feel like i am being forced to pay for that vpn service just to play this game only.. Cuzz rest of all the games provided by other companies creating no issues what so ever..

Two months is a really long time not to get a single reply...

no... this has nothing to do with GGG as you can see in the OP it has everything to do with their ISP. which if you dont provide a WinMTR then its hard to say what it is for you. likely though it is your ISP.

if you look at this thread: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1839668

there are in fact a lot of people in the UAE area that have issues because of ISP issues. a solution that was suggested in that thread was using programs similar to "pingzapper".

GGG really has nothing to do with this problem.

Are you a GGG employee if not than why are you posting here. Go lurk somewhere else.. NO one asked for your ....

Coming back to the point This game is run by GGG.. If you browse through the forum over the past few years, you will find post where there have been issues with fps drop and latency spikes for players from different parts of this world when GGG deployed new patches... SO no its not always the ISP fault..

And regarding your point of different games using different ports usually when ISP is causing the fault than ALL games either lag or get disconnected.. it is rarely the case where only one game suffers and rest of the games work normal.

Seriously pls stop replying here if you aint gonna help cause to me it seems that you got issues with players of this region..

relax bro, starting an argument wont get the matter resolved. lets hope the next reply is more helpfull.
Last edited by Missedupmind on Mar 22, 2017, 7:53:12 AM
"
Dark_Kobal wrote:

Sorry for the confusion, but this section of the forum is primarily for community based technical support. So, by posting here, you are kinda asking the community for help. Direct GGG support is done through the support email.

That being said, GGG employees do monitor this forum and post from time to time.

"
Dark_Kobal wrote:

Unfortunately, it can't be looked at like that. Things have to be looked at on an individual basis. Just because a large number of people from a region have been impacted, doesn't actually mean the problem is related to GGG. The past couple times it hasn't been. There was a problem recently with many East Asian players because of a fiber issue in the area. A short while back there was a problem many south american players were having because of a general issue with network load in the area.

"
Dark_Kobal wrote:

It is the responsibility of the ISP to route your traffic to the destination. If the routing they use takes traffic through a bad switch / router, then it could impact just one game. Different destinations mean different routes.

"
Dark_Kobal wrote:

I'm sorry if you are frustrated. I get it. It's annoying. I don't think M0rO is trying to cause anyone problems. I think the intent is to clarify and help. Most users here are just trying to help.
"I would have listened... I would have understood!" - Scion

Have you removed Asus ROG/GameFirst yet?
"
Missedupmind wrote:
..<snip>..

- fair enough i can see how mentioning another ISP could help the thread as a comparison. however, i dont see that comparison being made. maybe if people directly said their ISP they have and then provided a WinMTR with some results. which would give a more accurate form of information.

- still pretty sure myself that you have an ISP issue. according to the Overwatch forums the UAE were doing things to ports that were needed by the game. which could have caused some problems. i know it may not seem like its all that likely...but i find it to be more than conincidence that it was listed on their forum and it happens to be affecting here too. from what i recall it was these ports specifically for PoE (12995 and 20481).

- it was more of a clarification about this being a localization to the UAE so any other threads about "disconnection and lag" really dont apply here. unless they specifically state they are UAE related.

- right, every game/app is different. depending on your location and the game/app location then the path taken will be different. in PoE though this can actually change while in game! for instance if you set your preferred server as (in my case) Texas then that server gets overloaded the game may automatically route me to another less congested server.

another way this can change though is in groups. if you have your preferred server set (again in my case) to say Texas and someone sets theirs to something like London then you may run into problems. if they enter a zone before you do then the zone is created using their location instead of yours. which means for that zone you would play in a London server rather than your home preferred Texas server. you would also experience unusually high latency. where your home server you might get normally 30ms you would then get on the London server like 250ms because it is so far from you.

- there is a good test you can run to see what is going on with your ISP actually to be sure. it is called smokeping. it will run for an extended period of time and allow you to see what happens during a 24hr+ window. i have found this extremely helpful in the past when i had problems. i believe if you arent registered on the site then it is just 24hrs, and if you register you get options for up around a week. non-registered they will send you an email link that you can see your report and registered you just login and view it whenever you want in your history.

you can find it here: Smokeping

-it will probably take a while for GGG to really get back with you. i know they have said they are backlogged with tickets. its the only guaranteed way to ensure you get GGG response though. so hopefully they will get back to you soon.

Spoiler
"
M0rO wrote:
"
Missedupmind wrote:
..<snip>..

- fair enough i can see how mentioning another ISP could help the thread as a comparison. however, i dont see that comparison being made. maybe if people directly said their ISP they have and then provided a WinMTR with some results. which would give a more accurate form of information.

- still pretty sure myself that you have an ISP issue. according to the Overwatch forums the UAE were doing things to ports that were needed by the game. which could have caused some problems. i know it may not seem like its all that likely...but i find it to be more than conincidence that it was listed on their forum and it happens to be affecting here too. from what i recall it was these ports specifically for PoE (12995 and 20481).

- it was more of a clarification about this being a localization to the UAE so any other threads about "disconnection and lag" really dont apply here. unless they specifically state they are UAE related.

- right, every game/app is different. depending on your location and the game/app location then the path taken will be different. in PoE though this can actually change while in game! for instance if you set your preferred server as (in my case) Texas then that server gets overloaded the game may automatically route me to another less congested server.

another way this can change though is in groups. if you have your preferred server set (again in my case) to say Texas and someone sets theirs to something like London then you may run into problems. if they enter a zone before you do then the zone is created using their location instead of yours. which means for that zone you would play in a London server rather than your home preferred Texas server. you would also experience unusually high latency. where your home server you might get normally 30ms you would then get on the London server like 250ms because it is so far from you.

- there is a good test you can run to see what is going on with your ISP actually to be sure. it is called smokeping. it will run for an extended period of time and allow you to see what happens during a 24hr+ window. i have found this extremely helpful in the past when i had problems. i believe if you arent registered on the site then it is just 24hrs, and if you register you get options for up around a week. non-registered they will send you an email link that you can see your report and registered you just login and view it whenever you want in your history.

you can find it here: Smokeping

-it will probably take a while for GGG to really get back with you. i know they have said they are backlogged with tickets. its the only guaranteed way to ensure you get GGG response though. so hopefully they will get back to you soon.

i dont mind waitting for a reply from GGG

got a few point that i need more clearification for:

1. in the same gate i get a good connection in town yet i disconnected in areas that i generat, how does that work with the whole gate being of a bad port for me ?

"

i actualy have overwatch and it works smoothly. does that count at all ? and if it is a matter or ports, how can i work around that ? is there a way to change what port i connect through?

"

how will that help me ? is it like winmtr where i have to post results here and check with other members ? does the report contain any information i should censor ? or does the information help in conveing the problem to my ISP ? need more clearification on this software.

lastely, in the interest of saving time. if u have any other tests i should do or fixs i could try please mention them here.

"
Missedupmind wrote:

Spoiler
i dont mind waitting for a reply from GGG

got a few point that i need more clearification for:

1. in the same gate i get a good connection in town yet i disconnected in areas that i generat, how does that work with the whole gate being of a bad port for me ?

"

i actualy have overwatch and it works smoothly. does that count at all ? and if it is a matter or ports, how can i work around that ? is there a way to change what port i connect through?

"

how will that help me ? is it like winmtr where i have to post results here and check with other members ? does the report contain any information i should censor ? or does the information help in conveing the problem to my ISP ? need more clearification on this software.

lastely, in the interest of saving time. if u have any other tests i should do or fixs i could try please mention them here.

-have you checked out the "64bit client crashes" thread? since 2.60 released there has been an issue with multithreading they introduced into the game that has been causing crashing. for some people it has been fixed. some people they can still turn off multithreading and play the game if they are crashing. then some people are just crashing no matter what. the most recent posts suggest that a lot of crashing is occuring in zone transitions.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1842170/page/22

-yes, if overwatch is working good for you then its possible that the ports issue has been resolved. i know i never have had to forward these ports in my router, but all routers are different and some may require it. so here is the list anyway in case you want to know what they are for later.

PoE Port Forwarding

-yes it is similar to WinMTR. unlike the MTR data you have posted before though this one goes from the dslreport servers to you. its basically a reverse MTR. what this does for you is allow you to inspect the quality of your ISP connection from an outside source which isnt inside your ISP network. its just a good way to see if there is specific problems that you arent noticing being inside the network.

information that may need to be censored? well like any MTR, Trace, or Pathping there is a possibility that your real IP will show up. if it does you will want to censor things. basically anything that you are posting you should take a minute to glance over and make sure its ok. as far as your IP is concerned try going to google and type "what is my IP" for most people it will tell them their IP. if you see your IP show up you censor it out of your MTR or whatever other network thing you are providing.
I live in the uae also. Good internet connection but also having the same issue. More than 1 month now no reply from tech support. Why do i even bother playing when even the company doesnt help us
"
meiYGGIJ wrote:
I live in the uae also. Good internet connection but also having the same issue. More than 1 month now no reply from tech support. Why do i even bother playing when even the company doesnt help us

so, i looked back into your post history and from what i can see you have a network problem starting with your equipment.

Spoiler
"
|------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
| WinMTR statistics |
| Host - % | Sent | Recv | Best | Avrg | Wrst | Last |
|------------------------------------------------|------|------|------|------|------|------|
| DLINKROUTER - 0 | 256 | 256 | 0 | 3 | 85 | 2 |
| 92.96.249.2 - 3 | 237 | 232 | 1 | 5 | 117 | 2 |
| 10.246.255.94 - 0 | 256 | 256 | 3 | 8 | 89 | 8 |
| 195.229.4.108 - 0 | 256 | 256 | 5 | 13 | 97 | 9 |
| 195.229.0.199 - 0 | 256 | 256 | 105 | 112 | 345 | 106 |
| bbr01.xn01.fra01.networklayer.com - 0 | 256 | 256 | 114 | 122 | 341 | 115 |
| ae7.bbr02.xn01.fra01.networklayer.com - 0 | 256 | 256 | 118 | 125 | 347 | 119 |
| ae1.bbr01.eq01.ams02.networklayer.com - 0 | 256 | 256 | 122 | 128 | 319 | 124 |
| ae5.dar01.sr01.ams01.networklayer.com - 0 | 256 | 256 | 121 | 129 | 348 | 126 |
| po1.fcr01.sr01.ams01.networklayer.com - 12 | 177 | 157 | 0 | 132 | 277 | 160 |
| f0.4a.3a25.ip4.static.sl-reverse.com - 0 | 256 | 256 | 122 | 128 | 320 | 123 |

|________________________________________________|______|______|______|______|______|______|
WinMTR v0.92 GPL V2 by Appnor MSP - Fully Managed Hosting & Cloud Provider

|------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
| WinMTR statistics |
| Host - % | Sent | Recv | Best | Avrg | Wrst | Last |
|------------------------------------------------|------|------|------|------|------|------|
| DLINKROUTER - 0 | 82 | 82 | 0 | 5 | 45 | 3 |
| 92.96.249.2 - 0 | 82 | 82 | 1 | 11 | 81 | 7 |
| 10.246.255.93 - 0 | 82 | 82 | 2 | 13 | 84 | 7 |
| 195.229.4.106 - 0 | 82 | 82 | 5 | 15 | 101 | 8 |
| 195.229.2.145 - 0 | 82 | 82 | 216 | 223 | 265 | 218 |
| te3-5.bbr01.eq01.wdc01.networklayer.com - 0 | 82 | 82 | 205 | 215 | 267 | 208 |
| ae5.cbs01.eq01.wdc02.networklayer.com - 69 | 22 | 7 | 0 | 223 | 231 | 223 |
| ae1.cbs01.tl01.atl01.networklayer.com - 36 | 34 | 22 | 220 | 226 | 245 | 228 |
| ae0.cbs02.eq01.dal03.networklayer.com - 20 | 46 | 37 | 252 | 263 | 360 | 253 |
| ae34.bbr02.eq01.dal03.networklayer.com - 0 | 82 | 82 | 237 | 250 | 340 | 240 |
| ae6.dar01.dal06.networklayer.com - 0 | 82 | 82 | 248 | 256 | 317 | 252 |
| po1.fcr01.sr02.dal06.networklayer.com - 16 | 50 | 42 | 0 | 246 | 307 | 250 |
| 7c.c9.f617.ip4.static.sl-reverse.com - 0 | 82 | 82 | 248 | 257 | 317 | 254 |
|________________________________________________|______|______|______|______|______|______|
WinMTR v0.92 GPL V2 by Appnor MSP - Fully Managed Hosting & Cloud Provider

notice here in the MTRs that your DLINKROUTER has a max latency (Wrst) of 45ms-85ms this is beyond bad as your home network should be reading 1ms. under wireless conditions a little increases is fine +2-4ms isnt going to be THAT bad, but to have 45ms-85ms is something you need to look at.

first you should try powercycling the router and see if that helps. unplug it from power for 60s, then plug it back in. sometimes this can correct minor issues. if it doesnt you may need to do a hard reset (factory restore) on the router or even replace it.

the next thing in the MTR is that from what i can see the DLINK 'may' only be accounting for intermittent latency. which is enough to cause you major issues for sure. however, if you look at this:

"
| 195.229.4.106 - 0 | 82 | 82 | 5 | 15 | 101 | 8 |
| 195.229.2.145 - 0 | 82 | 82 | 216 | 223 | 265 | 218 |
| te3-5.bbr01.eq01.wdc01.networklayer.com - 0 | 82 | 82 | 205 | 215 | 267 | 208 |

this last hop in your ISP seems like it is staying consistent with being over 200ms. that is a big problem too because if the minimum latency you can get is around 200ms then by the time it gets to the game server it gets a lot higher. which as you can see the high for the end of the MTR is over 300ms. just terrible.

so first thing is correct that router issue. see if things get better. then call your ISP and work with them if you still cant play due to high latency.

edit:
also, if you dont have physical access to the router itself then i also noticed you posted this:
"
meiYGGIJ wrote:
I havent tried it yet. But i doubt i can because the etisalat card with the password is not woth me. As i am just a tenant on this flat. But i was using this ping zapper and poe worked perfectly fine. I think vpn would solve the issues we have here in uae

maybe you should use it if it works for you.
Last edited by M0rO on Mar 23, 2017, 9:44:07 PM
I tried to contact our ISP they factory reset my connection and troubleshooted any problems. Still i cant play the game. I tried using a wired connection and is the same issue. Now im using pingzapper. It works likr a vpn then i can play poe. Problem is that i dont want to pay for such a service just to play poe. For the last couple of years ive been playing poe here in uae i havent have any problem

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info