Bringer of Rain, Great Old One's Ward and Warden's Brand

(Please note that no 6l other than Tabula Rasa is taken into consideration)
It is my second RT Facebreaker attempts, and I just gave this a try:

(This is merely my roll, far from a good one though)
and I have to say the damage it offers is just insane. With a decent roll its Physical damage can even beat BoR, let alone GOOW
However it reduces a ton of AS, as well as lacking resistance and HP, making me think a combination of all these three Unique is scarcely viable for late game stuff. So now I'm in quite a dilemma which 2 should I pick
Could you guys help me pick the best choice?
1. BoR + GOOW + A decent defensive ring, the classic choice
2. BoR + WB + Shield with HP and resistance
3. Decent helmet with health and resistance + Tabula Rasa + WB + GOOW
Thank you in advance!
Last edited by chuongkonami98 on Mar 19, 2017, 7:16:27 AM
Last bumped on Mar 20, 2017, 10:50:25 AM
"

However it reduces a ton of AS, as well as lacking resistance and HP, making me think a combination of all these three Unique is scarcely viable for late game stuff.

Ring reduces your initially low AS, thus in practice it isn't much noticeable. Especially if playing with IB (btw this ring was designed for IB, where AS doesn't matter). It also gives some AS by the frenzy charges, along with damage.
Basically, forget about the AS decrease and only take into account its ridiculously high flat phys.

I see it's on SC, you can go all in - BoR/GOOA/warden/meginord, but you'll have to grab a lot of resistance nodes. Build will also be a bit squishy. Also forget the reflect maps.

Once I had IB no BoR/abyssus build, it was able to rape anything up to t15 with ease. And the survivability was higher, due to the presence of solid chest and helm.
BoR is dogshit tier item, abyssus is a noob trap. This ring allows you to kick them off the build.

the damage came from other sources
This is a buff © 2016

The Experts ™ 2017
Last edited by torturo on Mar 19, 2017, 1:31:26 PM
Play juggenaugt go ham with dmg use brass dome stack accuracy. There you go.
My builds:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1809378 - Lazor Inqusitor
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1781498 - Burning Arrow Raider
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1800999 - Perfect Formless Inferno Slayer
Guys thank you so much for the kind suggestions!

I think I have made up my mind:
Since I don't have much resources, I think I'm gonna take BoR for early game, with Warden's and a decent shield, then in late game would be a solid 6l, a nice helmet and a good roll of QOOW

The idea is that when I get that 6l, BoR will be got rid of to make room for defensive stuff and potential support gems (yeah BoR's support gets screwed when I make it to endgame). However, it would leave a considerable gap in damage, so in that case, a good roll of GOOW can make up more than half of that loss, and a good steel ring can help exceed the BoR's damage! How does this sound?

A little question: How should I setup IB? I'm currently using IB + MPD + Faster Attack + Multistrike + Added Fire + Ele Focus (Yeah I'm a Slayer)
Last edited by chuongkonami98 on Mar 20, 2017, 8:46:25 AM
Just replace MS with fortify.
This is a buff © 2016

The Experts ™ 2017
Okay I will give it a try :D
From what you said I believe Fortify is of great significance, then which ascendancy do you think is better? Slayer with free splash and great AoE, or Champion with free Fortify and increased damage with Fortify?
Gladiator and Q20 splash over slayer. Slayer is the worst option btw. You can't benefit fully from the overleech due to the shitty AS. Also Impact is a massive...lvl 1 splash.
Champion only if going hybrid with solid gear, and in terms of survivability it's inferior to the gladiator.

Look, the nature of unnarmed builds is that additive damage doesn't matter much, flat phys/FB + MPD multipliers do the work. These builds are also non slot hungry. So damage naturally comes by item upgrades, while main focus is on defenses.
It's you that make it more complicated by choosing to focus on the ele portion of the skill, thus build requires more gem slots. Maybe in your case champion is an option, as it will allow you to play with 5L and all the preferred gems. And the additive damage ascendancy gives. But once again - you need great hybrid gear.

Basically, duelist FB builds are about getting as much block as you can (because it's the only reliable defensive mechanic, the ease of access, and also shield nodes often provide damage as well), and main source of damage is maxing out phys jewels and other items. It's also a downside, as these builds are quite easy to break the progression treshold and meet the point where they can't evolve further, much earlier than other builds (the flat phys obtainable is limited).

Mara FB are almost the same, with more emphasis on armor and endu charges, but block is once again a significant part of defenses.
Before ascendancy duelist and mara FB were almost identical, just with a different start - but both still reliant on block .

So, picking anything but gladiator as a FB duelist, is worse choice. Not bad, but worse.
There are non-duelist FB builds which can work on other sources of defense, but it's different and they belong to other parts of the skill tree.
This is a buff © 2016

The Experts ™ 2017
Last edited by torturo on Mar 20, 2017, 12:52:04 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info