Passive with totems

Hello forum! I have some question about next thing.
There is passive node called Executioner and it does: Hits deal 20% increased damage against Enemies that are on Low life.
Will this be applied if my Warchief totems will hit target? Since as i know these totems takes my offence but not sure about this string.
Last bumped on Mar 21, 2017 2:35:17 AM
Dude, just don't play totems.

You already have Executioner node if you're playing Warchief Totems.

20% increased damage to your heart and soul and it will suck the life out of you
"
Completed 5 Challengesbrunowa wrote:
Dude, just don't play totems.

You already have Executioner node if you're playing Warchief Totems.

20% increased damage to your heart and soul and it will suck the life out of you


dude, totems are amazing dont be silly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pl3sgKj6oTQ
"
Completed 5 Challengesbrunowa wrote:
Dude, just don't play totems.

You already have Executioner node if you're playing Warchief Totems.

20% increased damage to your heart and soul and it will suck the life out of you

You better to not talk offtopic if you don't want to help (or dunno the answer) with question, dude.
I believe the answer is yes. Totems use your tree unless it specifically says "your X,y,Z".

For instance if it had said "Your hits do..." it wouldn't, but this one just says "Hits".
Last edited by Shagsbeard on Mar 20, 2017 7:18:45 AM
"
Completed 17 ChallengesShagsbeard wrote:
I believe the answer is yes. Totems use your tree unless it specifically says "your X,y,Z".

For instance if it had said "Your hits do..." it wouldn't, but this one just says "Hits".

I hope you are right. I had some doubt about this string
Melee totems like Warchief and Protector use YOUR melee attributes.

Therefore, every boost to your melee will affect the totem - melee/physical/elemental damage boosts, speed boosts, damage conversion, etc etc.

By extension, the increased damage on low life SHOULD translate to the totem.

I have not tested this, nor do I know for certain, but logically it should.

"
Completed 17 ChallengesShagsbeard wrote:
I believe the answer is yes. Totems use your tree unless it specifically says "your X,y,Z".

For instance if it had said "Your hits do..." it wouldn't, but this one just says "Hits".


God no. Please don't trigger the nitpickiness in my soul.

I would also believe the answer is yes but other than that your post is wrong.

Totems don't use your tree.

Word of Developers is that Totems use your offensive stats and only your offensive stats. This means, for example, that they can't be directly affected by a Hatred Aura, but if you're affected by a Hatred Aura, then they gain the boost. However, they can be directly affected by a Discipline Aura, but if you're affected by a Discipline Aura, it does nothing.

Thus something like 1/3 or a 1/2 of the tree directly proves you wrong. "x% increased maximum Life" nodes and "x% increased maximum energy shield" nodes do NOTHING for your Totems.

Moreover, "Your" is not a well-defined keyword. I don't know how many cases the "rule of thumb" does apply, but there is definitely one where it is fully and utterly disproved: Elemental Equilibrium. Read the description. It says "Your Hits." And it works with Totems just fine. Test it and see.

The only thing that's garbage about the current system is that apparently no on-kill effects count as offensive stats, which I assume is a technical limitation. Gaining bonuses on-kill makes sense to not work, since they would attempt to apply to the Totem and fail, but things like exploding on-kill definitely sound like an offensive stat to me.
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues, or the shiny new techsupport@grindinggear.com for technical support! Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
Last edited by adghar on Mar 20, 2017 10:31:25 AM
"
Completed 25 ChallengesSlaanesh69 wrote:
Melee totems like Warchief and Protector use YOUR melee attributes.

Therefore, every boost to your melee will affect the totem - melee/physical/elemental damage boosts, speed boosts, damage conversion, etc etc.

By extension, the increased damage on low life SHOULD translate to the totem.

I have not tested this, nor do I know for certain, but logically it should.


I may disagree a little with you. Do you know Ngamahu's axe? One of abilities - 20% chance to cast some thing on hit. And it doesn't work on Warchief. But it is melee attribute tho
"
Completed 24 ChallengesAMalleus wrote:
"
Completed 25 ChallengesSlaanesh69 wrote:
Melee totems like Warchief and Protector use YOUR melee attributes.

Therefore, every boost to your melee will affect the totem - melee/physical/elemental damage boosts, speed boosts, damage conversion, etc etc.

By extension, the increased damage on low life SHOULD translate to the totem.

I have not tested this, nor do I know for certain, but logically it should.


I may disagree a little with you. Do you know Ngamahu's axe? One of abilities - 20% chance to cast some thing on hit. And it doesn't work on Warchief. But it is melee attribute tho


Right, but let me try to say this correctly (I'm struggling) - what you said is a cause and ACTIVE effect. The 20% damage on low life is a cause and PASSIVE effect.

I think that is the difference.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info