CI Ele Bowa - Reflect Immunity

Passive Tree

Key Gear Pieces
Spoiler

6L Voltaxic Rift - Converts 60% of our elemental to chaos damage, which we are immune to with CI

6L 2.6 Incandescent Heart - Converts 25% of Elemental Damage taken to chaos damage, which again we are immune to with CI. Also grants an additional 10-20% of elemental as extra chaos damage for a significant DPS boost.

2.6 Cybil's Lament Ring - 40% Reduced Reflected Elemental Damage

Corrupted Soul Strike - % Physical Damage Converted To Lightning

Skyforth will open more auras options for you with the additional reduced mana reserved.

Remaining gear selection is personal preference, however focus on high ES and make sure to maximize your resist (other than chaos resist).

Explanation and Math of Reflect
Spoiler
Your bow will convert 60% of your damage to chaos damage, which with CI we are immune to.

Total Damage Reflected = 100% x 0.40 = 40%
This results in 40% of your damage remaining which can be reflected back to you.

Incandescent Heart will convert 25% of elemental damage taken to chaos damage, which not only decreases the amount of reflect you will take, but also incoming damage from elemental attacks as again we are immune to chaos damage.

Elementalist Ascendancy Passive - Reduced elemental damage taken by 4%

Total Damage Received From Reflect = 40% x 0.71 = 28.5

Passives will reduce reflected elemental damage taken by 20%.
Cybil's Lament will reduce reflected elemental damage taken by 40%

Total Damage Received From Reflect = 28.5 x 0.4 = 11.5%

This will result in the maximum amount of damage you can take from reflect being 11.5% of your total elemental damage.

You will leach back 3% of elemental damage with passive and gear, decreasing that 11.5% to 8.5%.

You will leach back 2% of chaos damage, which is 60% higher then your elemental damage equating to decreasing elemental damage taken from 8.5% to 5.5%.

The use of Purity of Lightning Aura with it's +max lightning resist will make you immune to all reflected damage.

Additional Explanation & Tips
Spoiler
CI will make you immune to all chaos damage, therefore you do not need to worry about resist for this damage type.

Ghost Reaver will convert our life leach into energy shield leach. With our chestpiece and passive selection this results in 3% of our elemental damage leached as life as well as 2% of our chaos damage leached as life.

You will want to maximize ES on as many pieces of gear as you can to maximize survivability and make the most of the passive tree selection.

As we do not have the passives available to pick up alot of critical multiplier nodes, I chose elemental overload as our critical chance is high enough to have 100% up time, increasing damage by 40%.

Ascendancy
Spoiler
You will want to take the following assendancy passives:
Ranger - Passive -> Deadeye -> Passive
Witch - Passive -> Elementalist -> Passive

Using your additional 4 passive points from ascendancy as well as the 1 remaining passive point left on the chart to give a total of 5 we will be picking up the reduced mana reserved node on the south of the tree (slightly left of Point Blank & Iron Reflexes).

This will result in a total of 12% reduced mana reserved from passives which in combination with level 4 Enlighten and Skyforth (30% Total Reduced Reserved Mana) will be enough to allow the use of two 50% reserve auras and one 35% reserve aura while maintaining enough mana to attack.

Beyond that I will leave the rest to your imagination as to which attack skill and auras you would like to use, there are multiple options all of which would work so I do not want to take that flexibility away from the build.

Attack Skill Recommendation:
Spoiler
Barrage - Physical to Lightning - Elemental Focus - Faster Attacks - Weapon Elemental Damage - Lightning Penetration

Aura Recommendations:
Spoiler
Wrath
Grace
Purity of Lightning

Have fun :)
Last edited by ChopsToChapo on Mar 14, 2017, 3:33:15 PM
Last bumped on Mar 22, 2017, 4:24:38 AM
Up!
In my opinion, the tree needs some tweaks. You can't use Acrobatics as an energy shield based character, because your ES would be 50% less! And you took Iron Reflexes too... your armour would be 50% less too when going Acrobatics!

Plus, have you thought about going full crit? You already took a lot of crit nodes from the tree (Lethality, King of the Hill). Your traveling path goes near to Heartseeker, True Strike and can reach the Shadow crit area (Trickery and Assassination) to gain advantages from other useful nodes too (Sniper, Nullification and Fangs of the Viper).
Armor gets a diminishing return at higher values, in my opinion the 42% attack dodge and 30% spell dodge is worth giving up the armor as with a completed character this will only equate to about 10-15% damage reduction, and that only applies to physical damage. Also being considerably hit less gives a higher chance for your ES regen to trigger much more often, as we have cut down the speed of trigger time with soulstrike.

I picked up enough crit nodes to maintain elemental overload at all times, as that is less passive point intensive and with my tree selection will equate to more DPS then picking up a few crit multi nodes.
Last edited by ChopsToChapo on Mar 18, 2017, 2:43:46 PM
Up!
Any Videos showing this build? Would a choir of storm be an option to include in this build (assuming we want to go crit)?
Last edited by Luzi_ on Mar 20, 2017, 5:55:46 PM
Sorry I don't have any video's at the moment.

But yes choir of the storm would suit this build perfectly fine, you just may want to pick up a few more crit nodes to make it worthwhile with proc rate.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info