Ghost in the Shell... Amazing...

"
solwitch wrote:

the movie coming out you're going to see it?

Of course.

Oh and another thing the original did poorly was music. The music never seemed to really fit with the events. They could learn a lot from samurai jack, speaking of which... a new season is coming out this month.
For years i searched for deep truths. A thousand revelations. At the very edge...the ability to think itself dissolves away.Thinking in human language is the problem. Any separation from 'the whole truth' is incomplete.My incomplete concepts may add to your 'whole truth', accept it or think about it
"
SkyCore wrote:
Oh and another thing the original did poorly was music. The music never seemed to really fit with the events. They could learn a lot from samurai jack

Wait... what? Not unless the creators of GitS had a time machine.

GitS was 1995.
SJ was 2001.

---

The live action remake looks like a shameless cash grab with none of the original soul or quality -- basically the same standard Hollywood fare that they've been peddling for over a decade now. Same shit with Blade Runner remake.

I might watch them if they get stellar reviews, but not expecting anything.
The original film was ok, the standalone complex was overrated shit....looked pretty though
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
"
diablofdb wrote:
I never watched it? does it worth the look and where I should begin with?

Start from the very first movie but look for remastered version.

Also wiki.
It's complete pandemonium in weeaboo circles over the new movie. They think it's not Japanese enough for them. How about if they replace the lead character with an 11 year old Japanese school girl, with pink dyed hair? Then they'd probably like it...... fucking weeaboos.
Last edited by MrSmiley21 on Mar 21, 2017, 5:47:30 PM
"
鬼殺し wrote:
I just read the premise of why the Major is white, why she doesn't speak Japanese, and why she's renamed to Mira. Man, that's some seriously convoluted bullshit to whitewash a movie. My god. If you're going to whitewash, own it. It's not like Japanese movies casting Japanese folk as foreigners feel the need to justify why or create some weird in-movie explanation for it. Jeeze.

I agree, it's a whitewash. They're targeting the movie to a mainstream audience in the west. If they made something exclusively for weeaboos, it would be a box office fail. Abject market failures like most things targeting a weeaboo audience.

I don't know what kinda budget modern movies like this have, but it's probably in the $100m+ range, and they can't afford to take a risk on a movie with a budget that large. They're smart to do what they did, because people are going to go see the movie who might not even watch anime.

This isn't like one of those low budget, shovelware games with a few developers, and they slap a few whiny, pre-teen anime girls in to get the blood flowing in all the right places among weeaboos in their 30s.

Last edited by MrSmiley21 on Mar 21, 2017, 6:03:42 PM
I don't have any hopes for the reboot. Im hoping it will be cool... but i do however really appreciate the philosophies that the original manga n movie try to portray. Stuff liek are you still human if you remove all your human parts..
Smoother than Smooth.
Speaking of whitewashing -

Hey Death Note how's it going?
IGN- Vyvanne | Voxxvi (Tempest League)
Vyvanne's Odds and Bods Boutique - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1311497
I'll watch the Movie this Weekend. We just bought the Tickets today.

█▀▀▌ █▌█▀▀▀ █▀▀▌█▄░▌
█▀▀█ █▌▀▀▀█ █░░▌█▀▌▌
█▄▄▌ █▌█▄▄█ █▄▄▌█░█▌
"
鬼殺し wrote:
The Production IG booth at anime Japan was mostly a to-scale, robotic Tachikoma getting a lot of attention. It was so cute.

The movie, not so much attention. No one here knows what Ghost in the Shell is. I'm surprised they didn't rename it when localising.

Ghost in the Shell is a great name, even if people don't know its history.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info