What is wrong with the lab?

"
brunowa wrote:
You do realise ascending is optional.
I don't like his tone, but he's right.

After I realized that the lab was slowly turning me off the game I stopped doing it. That was 5 months ago and the game is more fun than ever before.

Just saying: don't force yourself to do it if it bothers you too much.
Still hoping they implement an alternative someday.
Online delenda est:
When the lifecycle of PoE will draw to an end many years from now,
there needs to be a final patch making it available offline.
yes, i hate lab too, but sometimes you just have to bite the bullet.

on the other hand, you can purchase lab service for cheap, so at least you only have to waste 10-15 minutes (and only uber or maybe merc if you've got a build weak in lab).
IGN Stuns_McNutshot | Ichimans_McIchimans | Balls_McCritterson
Nothing wrong with the lab and Izaro mate.
Just treat him like stern,strict teacher which checks how well you've build your character and your knowledge about your character's weaknesses and strengths,then mercilessly indicates all its flaws against hard physical hitter,and against solid ranged fire-based attacks (Goddess's barrage).Btw,Argus is a good teacher too.

Rejoice that,and use to periodically test your toon and see if it works well.And determine what fails.

And about overleveling - that is simply not true.I've beat normal Izaro with my dual Ancestral Protector totems right away I could enter the lab,even before Dominus.
On Cruel the same,I had lv 45 or somelike - but this time the Goddess exposed my weakness to fire (not capped fire resistance),and I died at 1st attempt.2nd one went smooth once I've paid attention to not get hit by full barrage from her.
Merciless Izaro has been defeated once I've got lv 75,and that's only because I wanted to use Doryani Catalyst mace.I think I could face him even earlier,at around lv 70.No troubles at all,this time I had 2 Flame Totems + taunt from Cruel ascendancy,capped fire resist and 4000 or so life.
My race has stopped just on Uber Izaro - as I said before he helped me to discover weaknesses of my build against really hard physical hitters.With 12-18k armour I just couldn't survive his hits (yes,his attacks are telegraphed,but not always you can manually dodge them).Thanks to Uber Izaro I've been finally convinced to pick MoM + EB combo,and also make some adjustments in gems setup - and now I can deal him under all circumstances except most deadly one (charges + conduits)

And know I have huge lab experience.In Breach league I made guiding folks through merc then merc + uber labyrinth my main source of currency - I've earned enough to buy Tukohama Fortress for 400c.And I tell you,the Labyrinth,Izaro and Argus fights are one of the best content of the game if you approach them correctly.The only bad design there is enchants drawing,while to get something useful on gloves or boots is obtainable in reasonable number of attempts,to get anything on helmet for your build simply sucks - and situation will be getting worse with each new skill added to the game.
hm... i like the fact that it is the way it is...
there's nothing wrong with lab, some people just don't like it.

I don't mind the labyrinth as a whole but I really hate how Izaro is much much stronger than his level indicates. It promotes overlevelling and breaks the flow of the game. If they reduced his stats so that he was lv33/48/66 instead of 45/65/80 it would be a lot better.

Argus is similarly broken, but actually optional unlike Izaro so I'm not too annoyed.
"
Pulga013 wrote:
I've been away from the game for like 2 years, maybe more, and I've started playing again with the last update.

Everything was being awesome, I was certainly impressed about how much the game has growth, until I reached the lab.

Who, the fuck, thought this was a good idea? I don't want to play HC, that's why HC exists, being forced to play this thing to get an ascendance class is, IMO, just bad design.

Anyway, after dying 3 times I go all the way again to die against the last boss, I've never in my life ragequited so hard from a game, I consider myself a pretty chill player, seriously, it's the most annoying piece of content I've ever encountered in any game in my life, and I've been playing for around 20 years.

Why has the boss SO MUCH HP? I mean he has like 10x times the HP of any other boss in the game, plus that third combat with traps is just cruel, Malachai is a crying kid compared to that combat.

Do I need to be 30 lvls over the lab to beat it without sweating blood? that doesn't make any sense.

I don't even know if this post should be here or in the feedback forum, since this made me uninstall the game.

I know how you feel :( I was about to uninstall the game bcoz of the lab too, but im glad i didnt. The game itself is awesome (if the lab was redesigned/removed it would be perfect) and i have learned to deal with the lab (but only normal/cruel/merci...never uber lab). Im so lucky i have a few friends who help me out with the lab so i dont have to do it alone.

just give it another go, and if you need help look for me ingame (legacy league) and il help you out with the lab/gear/build tip...

-Zims-

"
Pulga013 wrote:
Anyway, after dying 3 times I go all the way again to die against the last boss, I've never in my life ragequited so hard from a game, I consider myself a pretty chill player, seriously, it's the most annoying piece of content I've ever encountered in any game in my life, and I've been playing for around 20 years...

YouTube: type in "poe lab guide"

watch ZiggyD, ItsYoji and LiftingNerd and you´re golden.
This whole thread ignores the biggest problem with lab... Trails! Why on earth would I want to spend 10-20 minutes back tracking to run through some traps just to unlock traps... Then for uber lab why do I have to run 200+ maps to find the 6 trials I need?

Such poor design. The lab itself is fine. Pretty fun if you ask me!
"
Pulga013 wrote:

Who, the fuck, thought this was a good idea? I don't want to play HC, that's why HC exists, being forced to play this thing to get an ascendance class is, IMO, just bad design.

This is my issue with the lab. Did the developers not notice that I purposely did NOT click on "hardcore" when I made my character?

GGG, you might as well be honest and just remove other options if you cannot stick with it.

Spoiler
Like creating self-found tags... If you cannot make an in-game trading system... just make everything self-found.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info