What is wrong with the lab?

Thanks for the tips everyone, I might give the game another go when i clear a bit my mind.

And reinstall the game, cause it wasn't the classic "this is shit i'm quitting" I legit uninstalled the game after the last run.
I really don't like the Labs at all, but have learned to do them pretty quickly (for me anyway):

I use the daily lab maps so I know where to go.
I run fast through the traps.
I over level.
I use a Stone golem to keep my life up
I use ancestral warchief when killing Izaro
I melee him with swords and axes

When I do die it is usually because I took a wrong turn in one of the traps and couldn't get out or panicked and hit an empty flask key. :(

I am hoping for a change in 3.0.
"Gratitude is wine for the soul. Go on. Get drunk." Rumi
US Mountain Time Zone
"
Pulga013 wrote:
Thanks for the tips everyone, I might give the game another go when i clear a bit my mind.

And reinstall the game, cause it wasn't the classic "this is shit i'm quitting" I legit uninstalled the game after the last run.

Perhaps 3.0 release in July might be a fun time to come back, you know, 6 new Acts and a single play-through and all that jazz (no Normal, Cruel, Merc difficulties). In any case, do what makes you happy, no point doing something that you don't enjoy! Life's too short for that.
Timezone: GMT +10 (Australia). CASUAL player but I play whenever I can.
Decoy Totem can also help keep Izaro off your back if he's giving you problems. Note that this does nothing to traps and will NOT distract the Goddess (the green ghostly lady who spends the whole fight lobbing mortars at you).

Also make sure to read up on Izaro's arena effects. Some days make him nearly impossible (Charge Disruptors are legendary) and others are cake. You can find a breakdown on what they do here on the PoE Wiki.

Everything.

For as long as Ascendancy is tied to the Lab all my characters will be Ascendancy free. -_-
Ascension tied to Lab is the worst thing GGG has done...apart from GGG's philosophy on Trading. Oh and Gambling Loot boxes. And selling out to tencent.

I used to love GGG. I supported to ensure GGG remained independent, now I just wish I could get my money back. -_-
You do realise ascending is optional.
"
brunowa wrote:
You do realise ascending is optional.

Uh.. in one sense, yes, if taken literally. In another sense, ascendancies are an integral part of the game. PoE advertises "classes" as a feature, does it not? You don't get classes unless you ascend. I don't think it's as optional in reality as you think it is. Pretty sure end-game is balanced around ascendancies. If it wasn't, we'd all be facerolling Shaper on builds that don't require ascendancies.
Timezone: GMT +10 (Australia). CASUAL player but I play whenever I can.
"
Chameleon wrote:

Everything.

For as long as Ascendancy is tied to the Lab all my characters will be Ascendancy free. -_-

Unless you live in an area with dodgy internet, I don't feel ya. Back in Perandus I played a life-based spectral thrower (because I thought melee and life were good ideas) and I spent a lot of time in lab. Because I died a lot. But it made me a dramatically better player, and Izaro is definitely doable with a sub-par build or character. Everything he does is so telegraphed. Add a decoy totem in and you're golden.
I died to uber lab at 86 first form in one hit.

People say this is easy somehow... maybe if your a max blocker lol
"
Pulga013 wrote:
I've been away from the game for like 2 years, maybe more, and I've started playing again with the last update.

Everything was being awesome, I was certainly impressed about how much the game has growth, until I reached the lab.

Who, the fuck, thought this was a good idea? I don't want to play HC, that's why HC exists, being forced to play this thing to get an ascendance class is, IMO, just bad design.

Anyway, after dying 3 times I go all the way again to die against the last boss, I've never in my life ragequited so hard from a game, I consider myself a pretty chill player, seriously, it's the most annoying piece of content I've ever encountered in any game in my life, and I've been playing for around 20 years.

Why has the boss SO MUCH HP? I mean he has like 10x times the HP of any other boss in the game, plus that third combat with traps is just cruel, Malachai is a crying kid compared to that combat.

Do I need to be 30 lvls over the lab to beat it without sweating blood? that doesn't make any sense.

I don't even know if this post should be here or in the feedback forum, since this made me uninstall the game.

Maybe you need some skill , knowledge of the game and "training". Maybe. Have you ever take on consideration that if you can't do something, MAYBE, what is wrong is you?
And MAYBE ask to help instead of ragequit cause at the moment you have POOR SKILL on this game isn't better? Maybe.
NGI RULES !

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info