What is wrong with the lab?

"
Saltygames wrote:
"
Malone wrote:
honestly I am bored too with people whining about lab, this game is more and more casual friendly and people are still whining about difficulty omg...

Lab balance is fine, deal with it or deal with your lack of skill.

But it's not even fun to do

Yeah its actually painful
I dont see any any key!
Same whiners, different day, move on.
Harvest sucks! But look at my decked out gear two weeks in!

Labyrinth salt farm miner.

"But my build diversity" , "Game is too hard!" - Meta drone playing the same 1-3 builds for years.
"
tramshed wrote:
"
sgoer wrote:
I don't particularly like rogue-like games, so I avoid them.

You do realize ARPGs are direct descendents of rogue-likes?

One thing to note, trap layouts are NOT random. They are premade rooms, if you bother to learn them, youll never die to a trap again. All of them have safe zones fairly close together if you bother to stop and look where you are going.

Meh, the only thing I dislike about rogue-likes, specifically, is permadeath. Some love this. I don't. The other elements of "rogue-likes" are pretty standard RPG elements.

If the trap layouts are all premade, someone at GGG has a sick mind, as I remember one burning rage layout where the timed levers were super far apart, down a narrow hall of furnace floors, with those re-spawning skele spawners along the hallways. Even with phasing, it took a perfectly pathed run to finally hit the levers on time. Four tries, I believe. As a trial this was ok, as I could retry, and I don't play in hard core leagues. If this layout were in uber lab, or I was a hard core player, ...

For those that keep saying git gud, if this entire game were designed like lab, and that is why it attracted players, I could see your argument. It would be dumb to complain about the difficulty of a game design that I choose to play. I choose not to play dark souls because I don't want to deal with those game mechanics. The game looks beautiful, but I know what I like to do in my free time, and die super often is not one of those things. The lab in POE is a fringe component, not the core game mechanic. It is not why I started playing this game. I don't need to become a good platformer to play POE, hopefully, so stop telling us to "git gud" at mechanics that have little to do with the rest of the game. Most of us have done the lab, successfully (eventually), many times, for the sake of those sweet ascendancy points. We are here because it sucks and is a miserable experience.
"
sgoer wrote:
"
tramshed wrote:
"
sgoer wrote:
I don't particularly like rogue-like games, so I avoid them.

You do realize ARPGs are direct descendents of rogue-likes?

One thing to note, trap layouts are NOT random. They are premade rooms, if you bother to learn them, youll never die to a trap again. All of them have safe zones fairly close together if you bother to stop and look where you are going.

Meh, the only thing I dislike about rogue-likes, specifically, is permadeath. Some love this. I don't. The other elements of "rogue-likes" are pretty standard RPG elements.

If the trap layouts are all premade, someone at GGG has a sick mind, as I remember one burning rage layout where the timed levers were super far apart, down a narrow hall of furnace floors, with those re-spawning skele spawners along the hallways. Even with phasing, it took a perfectly pathed run to finally hit the levers on time. Four tries, I believe. As a trial this was ok, as I could retry, and I don't play in hard core leagues. If this layout were in uber lab, or I was a hard core player, ...

For those that keep saying git gud, if this entire game were designed like lab, and that is why it attracted players, I could see your argument. It would be dumb to complain about the difficulty of a game design that I choose to play. I choose not to play dark souls because I don't want to deal with those game mechanics. The game looks beautiful, but I know what I like to do in my free time, and die super often is not one of those things. The lab in POE is a fringe component, not the core game mechanic. It is not why I started playing this game. I don't need to become a good platformer to play POE, hopefully, so stop telling us to "git gud" at mechanics that have little to do with the rest of the game. Most of us have done the lab, successfully (eventually), many times, for the sake of those sweet ascendancy points. We are here because it sucks and is a miserable experience.

Imagine how bad it is for those of us who play HC, second tries at all

Hint: its awful
I dont see any any key!
I dunno, i never minded the lab tbh.

Its fun to get a little sweaty palms even in SC.
Doing my first Uberfarming char this league aswell, A freeze pulser of all things, having fun so far.

Enfeeble or temporal chains, dual curse, around 10es/5,5k hp goes a long way.
Having died to trial of stinging doubt this league in hardcore im feeling abit salty about lab. But thats just because i dont know the mechanics (hidden dart traps). Next time i will just use 4 life flasks and one quicksilver! :P

Other then that death i never died in lab, even though it been close a couple of times trying to rush it and not paying attention to traps.

The main problem is that it is plain boring doing it over and over again. I don't think it has to be removed from the game, however the layout of zones should be shrunk in size with a clearer path to take for different zones. And also less zones and no golden doors. Maybe 2 zones with traps between the trials.

It could also be done with ascendancy unlocking at a specific lvl if you don't do lab. Like normal lvl 70, cruel lvl 80, merc lvl 90 and uber lvl 95.

Also the loot should be nerfed, add in some good uniques for killing izaro, but nerf/remove the chests. Completing side challenges or adding mechanics to boss should increase iiq of boss instead. That together with the end enchant should be enough of a reward.

Offtopic:

In general i dont like this mechanic that you can farm bosses with specific builds and get alot of good loot without having IIR or IIQ gear. Getting good loot (not counting boss specific uniques) should always have a downside to it (having to stack IIR and IIQ).

"
foleylantz wrote:

Doing my first Uberfarming char this league aswell, A freeze pulser of all things, having fun so far.

I would love it if you could get sweaty palms in SC and good loot, while I get those ascendancy points without ever thinking about the lab.

Make poe great again by making lab optional!!!
''It was nice but not really great'' in memory of rondanashu 13.4.2016
"
rondanashu wrote:
"
foleylantz wrote:

I would love it if you could get sweaty palms in SC and good loot, while I get those ascendancy points without ever thinking about the lab.

Make poe great again by making lab optional!!!

Agree, Im fine with the lab having sweet loot and enchants but dont gate a major character building element behind it
I dont see any any key!
"
Pulga013 wrote:

I guess you mean besides EVERYTHING?
German saying: Schönheit und Funktionalität in Sekundenschnelle zu ruinieren, ist dem wahren Dilettanten keine Herausforderung!
torturo: "Though, I'm really concerned, knowing by practice the capabilities of the balance team."
top2000: "let me bend your rear for a moment exile"
"
666lol666 wrote:
"
Pulga013 wrote:

I guess you mean besides EVERYTHING?

na just the traps, im ok with fighting a hard boss but the way traps work.... icky
I dont see any any key!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info