My impression of the game.

The difficulty is what you make it in PoE. It needs no slider. It's also really not that expensive to change builds. You get a lot of respec points from the quests and regrets aren't that uncommon. You should be able to majorly shake up your character at around level 80. Somewhere between a 30 and 40 point change. If you're changing more than that youll have to dump additional currency or restart. It's not bad at all.
"
CrownOfThorns wrote:
"
elwindakos wrote:
"
CrownOfThorns wrote:

D3... a better storyline...
PoE.. the storyline is crap so far

D3 good story?Even PoE being incomplete storywise is infinetely better...

Considering I've played through all the acts about 25 times and couldn't tell you much AT ALL about the storyline - and no one can unless they really try to pay attention and look at clues. I'd say so.

That doesn't say anything about the quality of the story. The story of PoE is much more complex and it is not pushed down your throat (or rather ears) like D3's, so it might be harder to get.
IMO, the story of PoE is better, although I don't dislike D3's (but I hate the way it is presented).

Bird lover of Wraeclast
Las estrellas te iluminan - Hoy te sirven de guía
Te sientes tan fuerte que piensas - que nadie te puede tocar
"
CrownOfThorns wrote:

You should rephrase then cause you are malevontly wrong.

It doesn't have cinematics fair enough.Do you think also AAA dark souls too not have story then?All you get is an intro and endings,nothing in between,yet the lore is vast yet purposefully unfulfilled.

So rephrase "crappy storyline" to "I CBA to read it" and I'll give you a free pass,blasphemer

+1

Love the added lore (which people seem to skip) in the game, listening to Voll, Malachai et al.
Alexis
*smiles*

=@[.]@= boggled
=~[.]^= naughty wink
Last edited by Kwonryu on Mar 8, 2017, 1:35:46 PM
"
CrownOfThorns wrote:
"

Considering I've played through all the acts about 25 times and couldn't tell you much AT ALL about the storyline - and no one can unless they really try to pay attention and look at clues. I'd say so.

Huge AAA budget cinematics and very clearly outlined storyline in D3 including cinematics that show the emotion and personality of the characters is far beyond anything POE has to offer. Of all my friends I play with. none of us have any clue what POE is about. It completely fails to explain its story.

I don't play Dark souls firstly, and secondly yes - if the vast majority of people I know who play POE know nothing or minimal about the storyline - its failing.

Every single person who plays through Diablo knows EXACTLY what is going on and what the storyline is. And cinematics do make a huge impact. Don't get it twisted. POE is copying a format done by D2/D3 which both involved cinematics and ACTS are basically chapters of a book. If you have no cinematics and very vague dialogue it makes the story unclear. They have admitted themselves the storyline has been bad that's why 3.0 is coming the way it is

Bad storyline and good cinematics doesn't make a storyline good.You can have the best 3d movie visually and the script would make the movie considered bad.

Equally you can have a book that has some bad pictures here and there and script being good,it will be considered a good book.

As I said,you misinterpret presentatiin to actual having a storyline at all.Game already has rich background 3.0 will solve some mystery's hopefully.

I encourage you to read before saying if it has or not story
Bye bye desync!
All 3 of your cons are MAJOR pro's in my eyes. I loved diablo 2, played it off/on 10 years, d3 was the biggest let down of any blizzard product in my opinion.

As far as stories, am i the only one that could care less? I mean in d3 you watch the cinematic the first time then you skip it every other time right? It gets in the way of speed right? Yes cinematics dont make it a story, sure there is some reading here and there same for poe... but ive never read any of it and i didnt in d2. A story doesn't keep me coming back. In fact the last 2 times i can remember even caring about a story was final fantasy 2 and A link to the past and that back in 1988 and 1991. I played them once through. Stories dont keep me grinding it out, while i can appreciate the effort put into a story in the end i could care less. Its the builds/customizations/learning/efficiency etc. that keeps me around.
Stories good or bad dont really fit well with ARPGs especially online semi competitive ones like poe

dont get me wrong I love a good story in a game but when im rushing through things trying to get to dried lake farming.... story gets ignored
I dont see any any key!
"
k1rage wrote:
Stories good or bad dont really fit well with ARPGs especially online semi competitive ones like poe

dont get me wrong I love a good story in a game but when im rushing through things trying to get to dried lake farming.... story gets ignored

Even though you might be rushing, you do know who Merveil loved yes? :)
Alexis
*smiles*

=@[.]@= boggled
=~[.]^= naughty wink
"
k1rage wrote:

Thats right. But PoE is still more immersive and realistic (leaned to real world examples like the old destroyed/forgotten civilisations like ancient egypts or south american mayas) then the D3 version.
Masterpiece of 3.16 lore
"A mysterious figure appears out of nowhere, trying to escape from something you can't see. She hands you a rusty-looking device called the Blood Crucible and urges you to implant it into your body."

Only usable with Ethanol Flasks
most people who watch donnie darko dont know what the story is, most people who watch dude wheres my car do know what the story is, most people who have heard the title dude wheres my car already know the story of dude wheres my car.

Everyone understanding it doesnt mean its any better, certainly not in a game where needing to understand it is of no real consequence. D3 is such a generic, shit game that understanding its story is actually worse than not understanding it imo. Its like 2 pieces of food, one hasnt really got a flavour and the other tastes like someone took a shit on a rotting rat corpse. Ya, i can taste the second one, but thats only making it worse.

The story and the dialogue etc in D3 is one of the worst parts of the game, its so bad it actually detracts from the game. But dont hate the game because of that, hate it because even worse than the story is the item and build systems, the things that matter the most.
"
CrownOfThorns wrote:
The going to console thing is concerning to me . a lot. also not giving any of your backers any perks for this new console version is concerning (to me).

??? it's a business decision, they expect to reap more microtransactions from the XBONE version than it costs to maintain it. I fail to see how it's concerning or why we should get any "perks" for it...
IGN Stuns_McNutshot | Ichimans_McIchimans | Balls_McCritterson

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info