My impression of the game.

2 of your 3 cons I see as pros lol

Having it difficult to respec makes your choices matter, D3 well you dont really have builds just sets...

Difficulty slider takes all the challenge out of the game
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pl3sgKj6oTQ

"oh I forgot that moves me to fucking standard"

-classic line
1) buy tabula rasa
2) experiment with all gem configurations
It's by far not a perfect game.

As someone who has played D3 and POE a lot I can say there is two very different takes on an APRG.

D3 is more polished, easier to understand, a better storyline, more casual, more forgiving and less locked in build design. A easy drink your mountain dew and listen to music ARPG. Its very casual friendly and completely obtainable high end gear.

D3 to a fault is too easy IMO, I can get every item best in slot in about 2 weeks of casual play. I can also get max level through rush in like 2 hours which is a joke, or do it myself in a day. Because D3 is so easy, im done with a char in bored within 2 weeks.

By the way im talking hardcore too. I have every class (most of them mult times) geared out to the max on hardcore. I wouldn't even TRY hardcore on path.

Path is the opposite end of the spectrum, even as a more 'hardcore' player with casual 9-5 job and responsibilities. Path is designed to be way more complex - take time to learn and master the game - semi hard build lock ins - very grindy to get high end items if not impossible to get ultra high end items (mirrors, gg uniques) Path is the ultimate carrot at the end of the stick ARPG - you can play every day all day and have more to do.

Path has its flaws sure, the storyline is crap so far, a lot of skills and 90% of the uniques are trash - its hard to explain that to new players. It's not new player or new ARPG player friendly at all. I've tried to get 6-7 of my friends into the game only 2 of them got the game before giving up. Path is simply the best we got in terms of a GAME for GAMERS and not a watered down AAA project.

Simple fact is a lot of the build diversity and diversity these days is mostly illusion, there is so much META its not even funny. Sure, its more than competitors but its not nearly as good as it could be. Oh, and PvP is a joke and not even ever going to be a legit option.

The going to console thing is concerning to me . a lot. also not giving any of your backers any perks for this new console version is concerning (to me). It's a good game, but if you think Diablo 3 hardcore or D3 is challenging at all you probably won't like Path.
♕ of Thorns. | ORPG player Since 1996 |

Last edited by CrownOfThorns on Mar 8, 2017 12:57:16 PM
If you wanna use more skills then do so. I do that on all my chars, at least 4 to 5 skills.
#TransIsBeautiful #FightBisexualErasure #GenderFluid
Never played D3 intensivly after PoE was suggested to me on the D3 forums back in 2012.
I heard they introduced the Horadrim Cube in the meantime (2015/2016?!).
But what i mostly disliked about D3 was the stat/skill and especially the shallow item-system (which was flat out boring).
Last edited by gandhar0 on Mar 8, 2017 1:25:54 PM
"

D3... a better storyline...
PoE.. the storyline is crap so far

D3 good story?Even PoE being incomplete storywise is infinetely better...
Bye bye desync!
"
elwindakos wrote:
"

Considering I've played through all the acts about 25 times and couldn't tell you much AT ALL about the storyline - and no one can unless they really try to pay attention and look at clues. I'd say so.

Huge AAA budget cinematics and very clearly outlined storyline in D3 including cinematics that show the emotion and personality of the characters is far beyond anything POE has to offer. Of all my friends I play with. none of us have any clue what POE is about. It completely fails to explain its story.

"
elwindakos wrote:
"

PoE tends to approach a more realistic story arc then D3.
It's a mix of reality with a bit of dark magic. Similar like GoT with minimal magic/fantasy involved.
Last edited by gandhar0 on Mar 8, 2017 1:29:22 PM
"
"
elwindakos wrote:
"

Considering I've played through all the acts about 25 times and couldn't tell you much AT ALL about the storyline - and no one can unless they really try to pay attention and look at clues. I'd say so.

Huge AAA budget cinematics and very clearly outlined storyline in D3 including cinematics that show the emotion and personality of the characters is far beyond anything POE has to offer. Of all my friends I play with. none of us have any clue what POE is about. It completely fails to explain its story.

You should rephrase then cause you are malevontly wrong.

It doesn't have cinematics fair enough.Do you think also AAA dark souls too not have story then?All you get is an intro and endings,nothing in between,yet the lore is vast yet purposefully unfulfilled.

So rephrase "crappy storyline" to "I CBA to read it" and I'll give you a free pass,blasphemer
Bye bye desync!
"

I don't play Dark souls firstly, and secondly yes - if the vast majority of people I know who play POE know nothing or minimal about the storyline - its failing.

Every single person who plays through Diablo knows EXACTLY what is going on and what the storyline is. And cinematics do make a huge impact. Don't get it twisted. POE is copying a format done by D2/D3 which both involved cinematics and ACTS are basically chapters of a book. If you have no cinematics and very vague dialogue it makes the story unclear. They have admitted themselves the storyline has been bad that's why 3.0 is coming the way it is

Last edited by CrownOfThorns on Mar 8, 2017 1:26:36 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info