My new gaming area.

"
+1 on moving the monitors closer together.

That's a really nice setup, I love that you have a nice view from your computer! :D

Thanks Sarah

"
rediornot wrote:
put up german mesh net curtains 3 times wider than your window with design in them and that will block some of the glare but not destroy the view. you might also consider light tint to window, you can buy it in sheets.
I see you have a couch for naps not a bad idea. your chair looks just like mine mine is dark brown and bronze frost.i have mine on a student desk 2 drawer side by side with xframe legs so I can prop up a foot not and then. I pulled open the drawer and left open 1/2" x 12" plank with keyboard on it mouse wrist support under left wrist to keep in line with keyboard and mouse pad to right plus my gskill ripjaw 780r keyboard and mouse. I can program the colors to fit the functions to 3 different settings. under my monitor because I can sit back further now, I have a office style desk calender. no calender notes, all game notes. I have a small desk lamp with flex neck so I can turn it on to read my notes in low light if I need to and my open air test bed computer is all the way to the right on the desk stays cooler than in a case and I have liquid cooler on i5-6600k cpu because it is over clocked to 4.1ghz. I also have a box of tissues, small trash can and an all in one craig stereo system for music while I play. I only have a single 2411 NVidia 3d benq monitor but beats the hell out of the 15 inch laptop I had. the ceiling fan is right over me so keeps me and the system from overheating. my only window is to the left of me at about 160 degrees field of vision. no couch (sigh)

I do got the ceiling fan nearly above me for air circulation but where i am there is never a problem with humidity or temperature. No glare really. do got blinds which helps.

I am trying to find some sort of aux controller that would alt tab certain screens or pause a movie while im 20 or so feet away. going to go shopping for this soon, would need to be some sort of wireless or bluetooth receiver with a remote like controller that can have specific commands programmed (this would be for pausing, alt tabbing, checking the poe screen or email from a distance)

interested if anyone knows or has something that does this
I got a fever and the only prescription, is more cowbell!
nice setup
Last edited by jux1e on Mar 14, 2017, 5:37:34 PM
Too much light. :DD In my gaming setups, it must be caveman level of dark! Otherwise, not good enough. :P
But your setup is nice, nonetheless. :)
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
"
D3izhistory wrote:
I am trying to find some sort of aux controller that would alt tab certain screens or pause a movie while im 20 or so feet away. going to go shopping for this soon, would need to be some sort of wireless or bluetooth receiver with a remote like controller that can have specific commands programmed (this would be for pausing, alt tabbing, checking the poe screen or email from a distance)

If you have an android smart watch, then try this. It's not perfect, but bottom line is that it allows you to use your watch to control the cursor, you can preset "quick actions" (alt tab, open email, etc), and you can also use voice activation. The biggest downside is hardcore battery drain.
"
MonstaMunch wrote:
"
D3izhistory wrote:

If you have an android smart watch, then try this. It's not perfect, but bottom line is that it allows you to use your watch to control the cursor, you can preset "quick actions" (alt tab, open email, etc), and you can also use voice activation. The biggest downside is hardcore battery drain.

This looks kind of what im looking for except i hate android devices as much as apple devices. would prefer a non app based tool for this, something like a PS3 based controller that can do simple functions - charged wireless usb capable

I would run around with a wireless mouse but was hoping there might be something better out there....
A really nice view! It would distract me though if I had the view I might learn to live with the distraction.
Censored.
"
kolyaboo wrote:
A really nice view! It would distract me though if I had the view I might learn to live with the distraction.

everything is about balance out here, i want to appreciate it as long as possible
Nice setup, Exile. Could use a third monitor though ;P
- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0- 0 * - <
<739610877-3104-376.101077-1106.75103739110792103.108-5'92.9410776.>
- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0- 0 * - <

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info