Requesting Help - Dominating Blow/Minion Templar

The planned build:

The idea is to have a small permanent army of Zombies and Spectres, use Dominating Blow to get yet more minions, and use Rejuvenation Totem and Enfeeble to keep things alive as much as possible. I plan to run as many auras as I can support, out of Determination, Purity, Hatred, Anger, Wrath, and either Discipline or Clarity (not sure on the last one). Ground Slam for AoE to soften things up before Dominating them.

Current Build:

Everything worked beautifully through all of Normal Difficulty and Act 1 Cruel. Act 2 was problematic at times due to large amounts of AoE (Explosive Arrow, etc.). Kraityn dropped me out of HC (well, his archers did most of the work), and I decided to continue on in Default and had trouble again with Oak and even Vaal. Now in Act 3 I'm pretty much getting ripped to shreds by everything - I can't keep my minions up and then I die as well.

So for long-term feedback my main questions are:
1) The obvious - should I scrap it all and run a different build? I don't feel like this is the case but it could be.
2) Since I'm trying to keep minions alive as much as possible, Minion Instability doesn't seem that useful. The explosion doesn't seem to do much damage either, even with 2k+ HP on Zombies. Should I drop it?
3) Discipline or Clarity? Discipline will give me more max mana with EB->more auras and some regen and also gives some protection to my minions. Clarity just gives me regen, but a lot of it.

And short-term help:
1) I'm currently running both Determination and Purity auras. I've taken all the minion HP nodes I can currently reach, and of course I'm using a Minion Life support. I'm really not sure what else I can do to keep minions alive, but any tips?
2) I melt pretty quickly as well, even trying to kite with GS. I've taken almost all the easily accessible Life nodes, aside from a 3 node cluster for 24%. I did kinda forget to grab the other Armor/ES cluster. I'm sure those will help, but will it really be that big a difference? In other words, should I use some respec points to grab them immediately?
3) It could also be a gear issue. I have approx. 1500 HP, 300 ES, 700 armor, and 60% resists with auras up. I have no idea what I should have at this stage of the game but my armor feels quite low, and my minions passed me in HP somewhere in Act 3 normal.

Thanks for your time!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info