Hi, nice guide! What would you recommend for progression on ascendancies? Should I start raider and change to pathfinder later on? (pathfinder with the tanky version of the build is my goal)
Thanks very much!!!
What makes a bigger impact in terms of DPS - increased crit chance or higher pDPS on the bow? I can get a 400+ pDPS bow on poe.trade but it lacks any crit chance (it does have an open affix though).
Hey guys!

So i am level 86 and i am kinda stuck. I can do up to tier 9 without a single problem and very fast, but from tier 10 and up i dont do enough damage AND i am not tanky enough. What do i do? Using a 5L lioneye's glare and a belly and sitting at 5k hp. Flask setup is atziri/diamond flask/life/quicksilver. The only solution i see here is to just get a legacy reach which will significantly boost my dps, but thats 12 ex and i am not close to that(have like 3 atm). How do i progress?
Hello,
I started following this build and i'm level 70+.
However, I have certain problems:

1- Curse on hit don't seem to work.

2- I got voltaxic bow but i feel my dps is low compared to original post.

3- I got high evasion but my defense is weak. I sometimes die from a single hit.

4- i'm using 5 link bow. which is better Increase crit dmg or PTL?

Can you check my gear if there is something wrong?

Thanks.
"
heavinhero wrote:
Hey guys!

So i am level 86 and i am kinda stuck. I can do up to tier 9 without a single problem and very fast, but from tier 10 and up i dont do enough damage AND i am not tanky enough. What do i do? Using a 5L lioneye's glare and a belly and sitting at 5k hp. Flask setup is atziri/diamond flask/life/quicksilver. The only solution i see here is to just get a legacy reach which will significantly boost my dps, but thats 12 ex and i am not close to that(have like 3 atm). How do i progress?

If you feel like you are not "tanky" enough as a bow build then I would guess this might be a playstyle issue. Hopefully you aren't trying to facetank stuff. Stay ranged and keep moving. A stationary player is often dead player in end-game PoE. Make sure your resists are high - a lot of people don't realize how strongly ele resistance plays in how well you survive.
I myself am level 88 with only 3.3k HP with a generic Lioneye's bow and I am speed clearing T12 with no issues (havent dropped higher maps yet). I do have a 6L and most of my DPS gems are 20% quality, which certainly helps boost DPS. Flask setup is 2x lifers/quicksilver/jade/atziri. I expect that with gear upgrades I'll be speed clearing the end-game grinds as well.
Spoiler

Last edited by HercExile on Mar 9, 2017, 5:40:18 PM
Another question - why do you use elemental focus for barrage instead of something like ICD? Does barrage not do enough damage per projectile to shock?

Seems to be kinda hard to test in game since there's no way to tell if I'm shocking.
Last edited by asmox on Mar 9, 2017, 6:42:42 PM
"

If you feel like you are not "tanky" enough as a bow build then I would guess this might be a playstyle issue. Hopefully you aren't trying to facetank stuff. Stay ranged and keep moving. A stationary player is often dead player in end-game PoE. Make sure your resists are high - a lot of people don't realize how strongly ele resistance plays in how well you survive.
I myself am level 88 with only 3.3k HP with a generic Lioneye's bow and I am speed clearing T12 with no issues (havent dropped higher maps yet). I do have a 6L and most of my DPS gems are 20% quality, which certainly helps boost DPS. Flask setup is 2x lifers/quicksilver/jade/atziri. I expect that with gear upgrades I'll be speed clearing the end-game grinds as well.
Spoiler

Do you clear the bosses aswell? I get 1 shot from time to time. Trash is never a problem, but breaches and exiles are... :D
Resistances are capped and 3.6k life with 40% evasaion. Only the uber lab ascend is missing atm :P Check my gear 1 or 2 pages before ;)
Last edited by SuperCrap on Mar 10, 2017, 1:16:48 PM
"
SuperCrap wrote:

Do you clear the bosses aswell? I get 1 shot from time to time. Trash is never a problem, but breaches and exiles are... :D
Resistances are capped and 3.6k life with 40% evasaion. Only the uber lab ascend is missing atm :P Check my gear 1 or 2 pages before ;)

You can take point blank and use Chin sol for bosses if u really want to clear them faster.You can also take 3 more jewel slots to further increase your damage after a bit more leveling.
You shouldn't have any problems clearing till t13.After that you have to invest quite a bit more.

I really have crap gear and i just facetank most of the bosses if the mods aren't shit.
"
SuperCrap wrote:

Yes I generally do full clears of maps unless I miss something and I'm not going to run everywhere trying to find 5 leftover monsters. I do sometimes skip breaches if the mods are crazy on a high tier map. I think the most important thing is just to keep moving and kiting during boss and exile fights.
Are you switching out gems for boss fights? On most boss fights you don't really need Pierce, for example. You can switch it out for something like PPAD to increase your DPS a bit and help burn the boss faster.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info