[3.2]♦Pants On Fire! LLRF Scorching Ray Guardian ♦ FULL VIDEO GUIDE UP! ♦ NO CHANGES FOR 3.2

"
TsuDhoNim wrote:
"
Ahfack wrote:
Probably a bug
Not even a bug, just a really weird (and by weird I mean bad) choice by GGG that confuses the heck out of players for years now.

It's the same with all sources of 'recovery' for ES. Beast Fur Shawl has been doing this (or not doing it according to the Character Sheet) for ages, so not something I'd ever expect to see them 'fix'.

Yeah, it's really annoying. The reverse is also true. Your regen tooltip doesn't change inside a 'less recovery' map.

Good thing we have Path of Building now, which correctly shows the modifiers.
"
I think I might be onto something here. Someone needs to do the math on how much life the AG would actually have but in the restistance and regen department he should be in very good hands with a Guardian that runs this setup. Like, really good hands^^
I'm normally a numbers head and love diving into them, but given I don't have a baseline there to compare to or have any knowledge or experience with AG to work against to know what's 'good' I just went ahead and did it to test it out in the field. It seems to be working ok.

Probably did a poor job building the Guardian, so if anyone has any thoughts do throw them at me. Went with 2x Dyadus for the 200% (one grabbed a culling strike corruption), Icetomb for the extended chill, Rainbowstrides (for a bit more res), Leer Cast (that 15% damage buff is nice) and a pair of rare gloves with armour, res (leech corruption) and some life.

Not sure if I should have just gone with Koam's Roots ahead of the Rainbowstrides or if I should have focused on something like attack speed for more offhand hits to apply the chill. That's the main thing I think I'd change if upgrading him, but it's still early days yet and some more testing needed on how consistent/fast he's applying that chill.

Picked up a couple of life leech corruptions too that weren't worth flipping that I thought might help him, but watching the damage he does to normal mobs I'd imagine the gains there are negligible when compared to any damage that could kill him. If you're tempted to try it out I'd grab attack speed, more regen than leech (possibly with enchants on gloves and boots, dropping more consecrated ground for us both would be great), but other than that it feels ok. Better than I'd expected.

Started with a few Apex runs just to figure out how it works. Other than getting nailed by some bearers that took about 1/3 of it's HP I'm not sure I saw the health move at any point in the 4 runs. Think I saw the 200% boost kick in once on a Vaal when I was being too lazy to hit my flasks or OoS... but not even sure about that. Managed a few T14s with Elder influence without ever moving its HP either. Spotted the boost kick in once on a portal, again... I think. Even just the 15% boost was making stuff melt faster than I'm used to so hard to gauge from my normal drop speeds on stuff like that which is already kind of too fast for making meaningful comparisons. I'll need to run some tests with a 1 link or 2 link RF and remember not to SR them down, the stages of the SR make seeing a boost in drop rate much tougher, to actually see the differences there in a tangible way. That, or just throw him in against Shaper/Guardians and see how it goes.

He did hit a little trouble against a T12 Eradicator (that the lightning one? if not, whatever the lightning one is called). In the second phase he was managing to pick up every bit of lightning on the screen like a true champ and managed to drop to about 1/3 HP left. Had to ignore the boss and just baby sit him for a minute, even dropping him a Sulpher Flask regen boost, to avoid him dropping. It's about 7c investment (or less if you save those drops rather than vendoring), at least until the RF meta gets changed, so not exactly end of the world if he drops. He made up for it slightly in the third phase when watching for any boost in damage and he just insta culls. Will make him far more expensive to setup, but having a source of cull looks like it could be interesting if you were leveling and lacking damage to handle bosses quickly (again, more attack speed would probably be good there).

Next step is just to figure out how best to control him when he gets into issues. Weapon Swap the obvious answer there, and can make that work, just means changing colouring on boots which given it's a 4 off colour Sin Trek means it's a fairly permanent/expensive change. More testing needed before I'd be willing to commit to that.

"
Fritso wrote:
"
TsuDhoNim wrote:
"
Ahfack wrote:
Probably a bug
Not even a bug, just a really weird (and by weird I mean bad) choice by GGG that confuses the heck out of players for years now.

It's the same with all sources of 'recovery' for ES. Beast Fur Shawl has been doing this (or not doing it according to the Character Sheet) for ages, so not something I'd ever expect to see them 'fix'.

Yeah, it's really annoying. The reverse is also true. Your regen tooltip doesn't change inside a 'less recovery' map.

Good thing we have Path of Building now, which correctly shows the modifiers.

Ah! Very true. GGG is so weird lol
🎆🎆 www.youtube.com/c/Ahfack
🎆🎆 NEW #1 LLRF Helm -> 30% MORE|25CON|25BURN|-12fire|352es
🎆🎆 #1 Phys/Impale Leg 70% Multi Amulet + #1 Phys Rings!
🎆🎆 ^^Free 7L Fortify Cyclone!
🎆🎆 https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/534134
"
TsuDhoNim wrote:
That, or just throw him in against Shaper/Guardians and see how it goes.
That won't be happening.

Arsenal with Beyond, extra crit/multi and 100% extra cold. Nothing too rippy there that we'd even look twice at ourselves. Abyss with two Beyond spawn packs managed to down it, main damage from those green ball things one of the Abyss rares spawns.

At that point, it's probably too much babysitting for it to be worth it for me at least. Huge potential damage boost, if you're aiming for crazy numbers and fast boss fights it's an option, but keeping it alive for general mapping and specific high damage situations is adding a whole layer of complexity to the gameplay I'd probably avoid.

Very possible it was 100% 'user error' and me just not keeping a close enough eye on the summon (potentially got out of range of him so his cold res wasn't maxed with the extra cold mod). Someone with experience playing Necro would probably have far better instincts on protecting it.

Could be good for situational use where you've a specific boss on farm and can gear around specific mitigation (or specific types of boss - like Mino/Izaro), but for general use I'd probably pass.
Could someone please have a quick look at my character and see where I should be aiming next in terms of upgrades besides gem levels?

Although I seem incredibly tanky whilst mapping, i'm only just pushing above 7K ES. Would this be enough to take on Shaper? I see most LLRF builds above 12k ES.
"
Would this be enough to take on Shaper? I see most LLRF builds above 12k ES.
Haven't seen anyone trying at 7k, but lots here have done it at 8k-8.5k.

You've 5 super efficient ES nodes still to grab at Deep Wisdom, so easy to scale that up as you progress. (Or you could swap out of Written in Blood/extra damage nodes at Growth and Decay or Arsonist to trade some regen and SR damage for ES and RF damage to grab it faster now. It's all trade offs, e.g. Written in Blood would cost you some physical mitigation though, so swings and roundabouts and the best solution is just to keep levelling)

- Given you're not using delirium gloves, you definitely want to push the ES higher. Even needing the cold and lightning res you want to be pushing much closer to 180-200 ES on those.
- The Opal is decent enough to probably be worth a slam. (Check your prefix/suffixes and block added fire damage if relevant so you can't brick it)
- Your Abyss jewel has room for upgrading
- A Watcher's Eye jewel would help a lot with regen, but an expensive upgrade
Thanks guys for the reassurance. I got scared at first when the in game character sheet wasn't modified. I did run a -5% max resist (lol at running RF with 78% fire) and also a few 40% less recovery and I barely degen so it does seem to work as intended. Happy with my purchase.
So what am i doing terrible wrong?! i have the same gear as you accept less dmg on sceptre + not +1 gems on chest.. otherwise i have same gear " some less int blabla but same main stats ".

how come i die / kill myself with RF ?!?! its impossible to sustain it.. what am i doing wrong.. yes i am lvl 65 but i got all the important passives so far accept ONE that will give me little more regen.
"
KGF wrote:
So what am i doing terrible wrong?! i have the same gear as you accept less dmg on sceptre + not +1 gems on chest.. otherwise i have same gear " some less int blabla but same main stats ".

how come i die / kill myself with RF ?!?! its impossible to sustain it.. what am i doing wrong.. yes i am lvl 65 but i got all the important passives so far accept ONE that will give me little more regen.

Please make your character tab public so we can see what you're rocking with.
"
Fritso wrote:
"
KGF wrote:

Please make your character tab public so we can see what you're rocking with.

ok can you see it now? i have not filled the box with " set as private " so you should see it

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info