Searing Touch Templar

So I've been really wanting to make a Fire Templar using Searing Touch. None of my characters have satisfied me yet so I'm just gonna roll this. I based this build around 1-2 builds from the forums, but it's my own.

The idea is to be able to fill the screen with fireballs at a rapid rate while maintaining mana for 3+ auras and the spammability of the fireballs. Molten shell for more dps, Flammability for lowering resists / more damage, and skeleton totem for added defense.

Planned Build:
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUAAuMEswVbB2MHpQj0DH0QfxJpFE0XHBmFGmwfAiSqKU8qjSycMYg2xTbYNuk74UNjRtdJG0myTdhXK1j1XcZgbWKsZp5r220ZcU1xeXNTeQN65nyDfVOBb4IQgh6Cm4M4h2WIG4hCi3qLjIx2jmSXhZrPnC2dgJ2uncSePKFtogCnCKcrr7e2hrb6tzG4k8BUwfPN-tR81p3YJNsL3QXd89-w4XPi9-Nq5CLmgedq6XPsVe0g74XwH_Fs8XbyHfem-tI=

Planned Skills:
4L Primary Single: Fireball + Faster Casting + Fire Pen + LMP/GMP
5L Primary AoE: Fireball + Faster Casting + LMP/GMP + Fork + Fire Pen
4L Secondary: Molten Shell + Chance to Ignite + Elemental Proliferation + Fire Pen
4L Auras: Reduced Mana + Clarity + Discipline + Haste
5S/3L Buffs/Debuffs/Misc: Blood Rage, Flammability, Spell Totem + Summon Skeletons + Minion Life

If you end up having a bunch of leftover mana and/or high enough regen you can potentionally just take out the skeleton totem, and add in some more auras. Determination + Purity are good picks.

Bandits Normal: Help Oak (+40 HP)
Bandits Cruel: Help Alira (+4% Cast Speed)
Bandits Merciless: Kill them all (+1 Passive Point)

Required Gear:
Searing Touch Staff w/ 4L or 5L
Cast speed Rings w/ mana regen if possible
Spell Damage Amulet w/ mana regen if possible
Either Pure Armor or Armor/ES gear is best.

Thoughts?
main thoughts- play more

build is kinda broken and definitely suboptimal. issues are, weak fire damage nodes, poor link nodes (taking weak 8% nodes with no target node), eldritch battery (you have a tonne of int and little defence plus are only running 3 auras..)
"
bingobill wrote:
main thoughts- play more

build is kinda broken and definitely suboptimal. issues are, weak fire damage nodes, poor link nodes (taking weak 8% nodes with no target node), eldritch battery (you have a tonne of int and little defence plus are only running 3 auras..)

What could I change to make it better?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info