Crashing with Nvidia 378.66

Every time ive try to play today im getting crashes, im guessing its nvidias newest driver 378.66. I went ahead and tried other games and its not my graphics card, seems to be an issue strictly with path of exile and nvidia driver 378.66. The crash is happening thus far when i go into dried lake and mess around, generally about 1 or soo minutes of messing around and it does it.

Harvest sucks! But look at my decked out gear two weeks in!

Labyrinth salt farm miner.

"But my build diversity" , "Game is too hard!" - Meta drone playing the same 1-3 builds for years.
Last bumped on Jun 11, 2017, 7:50:19 AM
Might want to pop an e-mail off to techsupport@grindinggear.com just to make sure that GGG is aware of the potential issue. They'd probably appreciate it if you'd rollback to a previous driver and confirm that doing so stops the crashes from happening for you.
“Please understand that imposing strong negative views regarding our team on to other players when you are representing our most helpful forum posters is not appropriate.” — GGG 2022

----

I'm not 'Sarno' on Discord. I don't know who that is.
"
Sarno wrote:
Might want to pop an e-mail off to techsupport@grindinggear.com just to make sure that GGG is aware of the potential issue. They'd probably appreciate it if you'd rollback to a previous driver and confirm that doing so stops the crashes from happening for you.
Alright, yep, i rolled back my drivers and its fine again, it isnt crashing at all.

I dont think i have logs for the crashes though, but the driver is definitely what was causing it. Also went ahead and shot them an email.

"But my build diversity" , "Game is too hard!" - Meta drone playing the same 1-3 builds for years.
Last edited by Tin_Foil_Hat on Feb 25, 2017, 8:01:36 PM
Alright soo its happening again.

Ive checked other games and its only happening with path of exile, maybe its DX 11 ? I played a good like 8 hours before it happened today.

Edit - Also, i havent reupdated to the newer driver but the newer driver apparently made it happen near instantly.

Apparently whats happening is some sort of bug/glitch between path of exile, my HDMI cable and my monitor. My monitor just goes blank and interchanged between HDMI and Analog, this time it didnt seem to full crash as i had audio playing still.

Last edited by Tin_Foil_Hat on Mar 4, 2017, 3:23:19 AM
Also want to reiterate how its only path of exile doing it.

Ive played a good 20+ Hours of Overwatch and 10+ of Deadspace without it happening in either games. If it were an actual issue with my Monitor or Graphics card i would have seen in issue in other games, but well over 30+ hours now in other games since my initial report and ive yet to have it happen in anything other than Path of Exile.

Same here, Nvidia Driver kernel constantly crashing
Then it spamms a shitload of device unloaded or out of memory errors for almost every asset that was on the screen - about 70 ish of them.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info