scorching ray questions

1. Holy Fire node works with Scorching Ray's burning damage, right?
2. Do increased duration effects increase the damage, like it would for poison?
Last bumped on Feb 25, 2017, 11:49:08 PM
"
_kinimi_ wrote:
1. Holy Fire node works with Scorching Ray's burning damage, right?
2. Do increased duration effects increase the damage, like it would for poison?

1. Yes
2. Not really, only for the time when you stop reapplying the degen effect.

Also, because it is not an ignite, just fire degen (burning), elemental focus and controlled destruction work without drawbacks (doesn't hit=can't crit or ignite. Also can't be blocked).
I really hope that we'll get dome kind of void ray effect for it to make it look like shaper kamehameha...
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.
1. Yes
2. No, increased duration is more like quality of life for this skill, I use it so I can kite while maintaining max stacks
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
ty
"
adghar wrote:
1. Yes
2. No, increased duration is more like quality of life for this skill, I use it so I can kite while maintaining max stacks

This. While increased duration isn't necessary by any stretch, it helps clear by making the 1 stack you apply by sweeping over the screen last longer for more total damage, and it helps vs bosses by giving you a larger window of time where you don't have to be casting at the enemy while still maintaining your stacks, so you can temporarily stop channeling and kite or use other abilities briefly before flashing SR again to refresh the debuff. If you're doing pure SR, you should be getting Elemental Equilibrium anyway, so it's not really a stretch to get the duration cluster near that for some nice QoL.
Last edited by Shppy on Feb 25, 2017, 2:45:58 AM
What do I cast to set up the Equilibrium debuff?

Also, does the Holy Fire node give 40% more damage total for Scorching Ray? By that I mean, is all scorching ray damage burning damage?
All fire damage over time in general is burning damage, and that includes scorching ray.

As for setting up EE, orb of storms is a simple choice. Link it with inc critical strikes and inc aoe for decent coverage and to help proc Elemental Overload as well. Just make sure you don't have anything adding flat fire damage to spells.
Last edited by Shppy on Feb 25, 2017, 4:32:12 AM
ty
"
_kinimi_ wrote:
What do I cast to set up the Equilibrium debuff?

Also, does the Holy Fire node give 40% more damage total for Scorching Ray? By that I mean, is all scorching ray damage burning damage?

Careful with the wording here. You get 40% increased damage, not more damage.
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.
Oh right. Also I just noticed: since scorching ray doesn't "hit" it doesn't proc Elemental Equilibrium. That must be why I was told to use it, right?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info