Maybe u should look at OP Ascendacy Classes instead of declaring war on Phys dmg/VP/ES, GGG...

"
guggelhupf wrote:
"
widardd wrote:
What I don't understand is how champion is always the least popular ascendancy for duelists.
Do people just accept dying all the time and therefore don't value defenses?

20% more damage and 26% less damage received alone is so amazing I even do casters with it.

20% MORE ? where do u read that o.O

worthy foe has enemies take 20% increased damage. Thats not you have 20% increased damage against them, its increased damage taken on their end, which works essentially like a more multiplier in a way, presuming its your only source of it.

Personally I rate gladiator as a slightly better defense class than champion, certainly a more interesting one imo.

champ was all the rage at one point, I dont think all the classes being equally represented is really desirable. having ones come in and out of popularity, having stuff in there thats always niche but provides an important option for niche builds etc, I think these things are important. the trap shadow subclass for example, maybe it needs buffed I dunno, dont play traps much. But Id argue the day thats a highly used subclass is the day you can be sure traps are broken strong because theyre naturally a niche playstyle.

Occultist in witch is by far the least used witch class, imo its probably the best ascendancy in the game, i dont think youd buff occultist on the back of those numbers. Scourge necromancer melee was obviously a draw this league which buffed that ones numbers. I wouldnt ever want to see them all equally used, but stuff like the duelist and marauder numbers are telling, esp duelist. Honestly it takes too many points to get out of his immediate start and the nodes are shit, no one wants to take 3 smallfish damage passives to get out of there and the 4% life nodes are a joke, make them 5%, ditch one of those required damage points.
What a glorious title :)
I am the light of the morning and the shadow on the wall, I am nothing and I am all.
I scratched my head to see Raider being so popular. Reason I believe is because a lot of people switched to play Blade Flurry and Raider is the Ranger class with some decent defense.

Still don't see why they wouldn't go for Shadow class, Duelist class could also work.

Pathfinder is a very strong class but only if you have high-end flasks like Sin Rebirth, Taste of Hate, Vinktar etc etc.

Who knows.
Last edited by Ceryneian on Feb 25, 2017, 7:41:07 AM
It isn't the ascendancies being OP. It's also the classes being near CI.
Aaand phys spell damage.
So your argument is invalid.

You also can't just take which classes people are playing and go: the rest of the classes are bad. It's probably down the lines of: Mathil didn't make a build with the rest.

And it's also the top 5k people... Out of how many hundreds of thousands?
Of course those people are going to go for CI, with gear probably in the 10s or 100s of exalts range.

TLDR: Too many factors influence choices of ascendancies. If a class is underused, it doesn't mean it's underpowered.
Avert thy gaze, child!

IGN: Shadowrope

Standard Warrior
Last edited by Ravenstrider on Feb 25, 2017, 8:09:32 AM
"
666lol666 wrote:
"
Dark_Chicken wrote:
From https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/5w0ui6/chart_of_the_top_2000s_bsc_ladder_ascendancy/

Look at these stats, the distribution is so uneven it shows how terrible your balancing is when Duelist and Marauder which has sucked for so long, continue to suck EVEN MORE, it's laughable how few of the best players in league want to take the melee/armor/life classes and yet all you guys do is continue to buff anything-to-do with ranger/bow/elemental/spell casters.

The problem with these stats is that one streamer shows a strong build and 2 million idiots just copy that shit. Marauder right now is sooo strong it isn't even funny but almost no one is using the marauder class because it's much easier to just pile up ES and grab vp than to develop a proper marauder build. I'm in love with the marauder class since closed beta and believe it or not marauders are stronger than ever, even compared to the fotm builds they are in a pretty good spot. And don't forget there are strong melee builds, strong bow builds and strong caster builds out there for the marauder class so you are not even limited to a special playstyle as a marauder. In my opinion marauder is the best balanced class we have at this point in the game!

ya juggernaut is a monstrous subclass.

honestly I think the ascendancy is fine and the main tree is fine for marauder. Whats wrong with marauder is going on at a skill gem level imo. Cyclones 50% less damage on first hit, absolutely unnecessary, and it should just do a bit more damage over all. Stuff like Groundslam, its ok if you are crit staves, but with an RT mace? the mechanics of the skill are fine, it just needs a lot more damage, even with a 2h the damage potential is just underwhelming. Rt gslam with a 1h mace? lol, just the idea of it is so absurd. Earthquake is decent, it was closer to acceptable before the nerf, was no need to nerf that skill. What they need is to give a solid buff to stuff you can use an RT axe or mace with, and we need some new powerful skills there.

Ever since the first rework of the ranger tree in open beta when they buffed accuracy and evasion the right side of the tree has just been slaying for melee. It wasnt until the whole low life spec throw stuff hit the mainstream with the SOTV expansion that dagger crit got the recognition but it was crazy strong as soon as they buffed accuracy and added splash/multistrike. At first it was just Double/Dual/Flicker Strike splash, then came Reave, and honestly Reave is still the melee monster imo, but now theres also Frost Blades which is actually a savage skill, Spec Throw, Blade Flurry, right side has these brutal crit blade skills that just wipe the floor with the left side options.

We had cyclone that could compete with the right side, and then they nerfed the shit out of it. Then they added earthquake which can sort of stand along side those skills, sort of, and then they nerfed it a bit... What does the left side have? The skills just dont do enough damage, what exciting shit have they added for them? Sunder? Ice Crash? they suck, they dont do any damage, junk tier shitty skills, you need a crit staff to do anywhere near enough damage with most of these things and the only physical crit staves that exist are heges and mirrored standard staves because the mod pools are just so fucked that they NEVER drop, EVER, the mod pools on staves is literally broken. The result is that left is basically RT and the only skills that have ever done enough damage to be acceptable were cyclone pre nerf and earthquake, so essentially now we just have the slightly nerfed earthquake as the 1 skill they have and they will probably nerf it again because like cyclone used to it just sticks out like a sore thumb in the barren wasteland that exists where usable skills need to be for the left side.

Gslam, sweep, sunder, h-strike, all these skills need to be doing at least 50% more damage than they do now, not even exaggerating, 50% more+, and we need new exciting skills for left side RT melee. Not skills balanced against current RT groundslam etc, skills balanced against earthquake pre nerf, cyclone pre nerf. People say oh cyclone was broken blah blah, ok but people played it, and Reave was still better, current Flurry and Frostblades are better than cyclone was. Cyclone did like double their damage, maybe more, and Reave/Fblades hit like 10x, 20x as many mobs at once thats why they clear maps literally 2x, 3x, 4x as fast as cyclone ever could. when cyclone was 'broken' crit 1h melee, bows, spells, traps, all these things were still better than cyclone was, could clear maps so much faster and safer, so broken by what standards? Compared to rt mace heavy strike + gslam that no one plays because its fucking dire and does literally no damage?

Has the cyclone and quake nerfs increased skill variety in melee marauders? No, its just created a situation where no one plays marauders because those skills were the only skills that could ever justify being used when you compared them to right side 1h crit melee, bows, traps, totems, spells, summons, everything else in the game basically.

If someone at GGG is reading this, can you do something about physical staves please? honestly even just physical weapons in general, Im playing literally 1000s of hours per year and Im finding maybe 1 or 2 usable rare physical weapons that can do any damage worth talking about per year, its retarded. Go check the hours logged on my account, do it, I havent found 1 single physical crit rare staff thats even entry level for mapping ever in 4 years of playing. What is that all about?
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
"
666lol666 wrote:
"
Dark_Chicken wrote:
From https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/5w0ui6/chart_of_the_top_2000s_bsc_ladder_ascendancy/

Look at these stats, the distribution is so uneven it shows how terrible your balancing is when Duelist and Marauder which has sucked for so long, continue to suck EVEN MORE, it's laughable how few of the best players in league want to take the melee/armor/life classes and yet all you guys do is continue to buff anything-to-do with ranger/bow/elemental/spell casters.

The problem with these stats is that one streamer shows a strong build and 2 million idiots just copy that shit. Marauder right now is sooo strong it isn't even funny but almost no one is using the marauder class because it's much easier to just pile up ES and grab vp than to develop a proper marauder build. I'm in love with the marauder class since closed beta and believe it or not marauders are stronger than ever, even compared to the fotm builds they are in a pretty good spot. And don't forget there are strong melee builds, strong bow builds and strong caster builds out there for the marauder class so you are not even limited to a special playstyle as a marauder. In my opinion marauder is the best balanced class we have at this point in the game!

ya juggernaut is a monstrous subclass.

honestly I think the ascendancy is fine and the main tree is fine for marauder. Whats wrong with marauder is going on at a skill gem level imo. Cyclones 50% less damage on first hit, absolutely unnecessary, and it should just do a bit more damage over all. Stuff like Groundslam, its ok if you are crit staves, but with an RT mace? the mechanics of the skill are fine, it just needs a lot more damage, even with a 2h the damage potential is just underwhelming. Rt gslam with a 1h mace? lol, just the idea of it is so absurd. Earthquake is decent, it was closer to acceptable before the nerf, was no need to nerf that skill. What they need is to give a solid buff to stuff you can use an RT axe or mace with, and we need some new powerful skills there.

Ever since the first rework of the ranger tree in open beta when they buffed accuracy and evasion the right side of the tree has just been slaying for melee. It wasnt until the whole low life spec throw stuff hit the mainstream with the SOTV expansion that dagger crit got the recognition but it was crazy strong as soon as they buffed accuracy and added splash/multistrike. At first it was just Double/Dual/Flicker Strike splash, then came Reave, and honestly Reave is still the melee monster imo, but now theres also Frost Blades which is actually a savage skill, Spec Throw, Blade Flurry, right side has these brutal crit blade skills that just wipe the floor with the left side options.

We had cyclone that could compete with the right side, and then they nerfed the shit out of it. Then they added earthquake which can sort of stand along side those skills, sort of, and then they nerfed it a bit... What does the left side have? The skills just dont do enough damage, what exciting shit have they added for them? Sunder? Ice Crash? they suck, they dont do any damage, junk tier shitty skills, you need a crit staff to do anywhere near enough damage with most of these things and the only physical crit staves that exist are heges and mirrored standard staves because the mod pools are just so fucked that they NEVER drop, EVER, the mod pools on staves is literally broken. The result is that left is basically RT and the only skills that have ever done enough damage to be acceptable were cyclone pre nerf and earthquake, so essentially now we just have the slightly nerfed earthquake as the 1 skill they have and they will probably nerf it again because like cyclone used to it just sticks out like a sore thumb in the barren wasteland that exists where usable skills need to be for the left side.

Gslam, sweep, sunder, h-strike, all these skills need to be doing at least 50% more damage than they do now, not even exaggerating, 50% more+, and we need new exciting skills for left side RT melee. Not skills balanced against current RT groundslam etc, skills balanced against earthquake pre nerf, cyclone pre nerf. People say oh cyclone was broken blah blah, ok but people played it, and Reave was still better, current Flurry and Frostblades are better than cyclone was. Cyclone did like double their damage, maybe more, and Reave/Fblades hit like 10x, 20x as many mobs at once thats why they clear maps literally 2x, 3x, 4x as fast as cyclone ever could. when cyclone was 'broken' crit 1h melee, bows, spells, traps, all these things were still better than cyclone was, could clear maps so much faster and safer, so broken by what standards? Compared to rt mace heavy strike + gslam that no one plays because its fucking dire and does literally no damage?

Has the cyclone and quake nerfs increased skill variety in melee marauders? No, its just created a situation where no one plays marauders because those skills were the only skills that could ever justify being used when you compared them to right side 1h crit melee, bows, traps, totems, spells, summons, everything else in the game basically.

If someone at GGG is reading this, can you do something about physical staves please? honestly even just physical weapons in general, Im playing literally 1000s of hours per year and Im finding maybe 1 or 2 usable rare physical weapons that can do any damage worth talking about per year, its retarded. Go check the hours logged on my account, do it, I havent found 1 single physical crit rare staff thats even entry level for mapping ever in 4 years of playing. What is that all about?

Snorkle you made my day with this true but desolant reply.

While I have not played up to your amount, my main still registered most of the >3000 hours playtime, which for a casual n00b hoarder like me is a huge investment.

I dropped last week 2 goddamn maces with decent rolls, one of only 358 pDPS, the other with 394 pDPS, and these are after casualy playing PoE for a couple of years. The 394 mace keeps close to my Doryiani's Catalyst, and could easily be a lot better if you could scale physical damage better, not just relying on Hatred/HoA and AF...

The sad state of phys crit staves makes Hegemony's Era a mandatory unique if you want to go Crit with a staff as a casual...

I do hope they buff the melee skills damage a lot - those 50% more would be a great start - or introduce a "Devastating Strike" support that gives up to 95% more damage multiplier with up to a 35% less attack speed, but from the focus on the Heavy Strike threshold jewel, which limits them to just 2, they missed the mark again...

I would like a focus on interactions that rewards synergy so if you use GH as a main skill to melt bosses, it should get cold penetration if used after a hit of Ice Crash, or if you use GH as mob killer (Ele prolif does wonders) and use Ice Crash as the main, have all 3 stages overlap and hit the same target, after a GH hit...

I would suggest also Lightning/Static Strike combo, and maybe Infernal Blow and Molten Strike as the last combo.

Add a cool interaction with Elemental Hit and Wild Strike (which should be a great combo on their own), and make those to at least have their first hit be of the same element as the skills from the combos above and you would offer true choice for melee to scale their damage while using at least 1 utility skill, 1 crowd control skill and a boss killer skill => more focus on the tactical approach of choosing skills and "piloting"...

Add as combos GS + HS, Lacerate + Double Strike, Dual Strike + Sunder and pure physical damage scaling would be covered.

Tune values accordingly, and bring in line Dominating/Vigilant Strike, Earthquake, Cyclone, Frenzy, Reave etc.

Add more "Omph" to RT, as liberalising Accuracy makes it obsolete as it is at the moment, so a substantial buff is sorely needed.

They could and should innovate, instead of just using those namelock skills as: "these are examples of how we failed at giving them a focus, when the design got reoriented on speed meta".
PSS: Our almighty TencentGGG overlords are very scrupulous regarding criticizing their abilities to take proper decisions and consider everything "needlessly harsh and condescending"...

Good to know "free speech" doesn't apply in any form or manner on the forums these days...
Last edited by sofocle10000 on Feb 25, 2017, 9:32:39 AM
RT is not the problem

Crit is the problem. it is too easy to reach the cap. the crit multi can still be scaled very highly. the crit gets all the perks for no reason. everything 'good' is coupled with crit because someone though it a good idea

as long as going crit is easy, cheap and the ceiling is so high (95% crit chance? there are games where it is as low as 50% FOR A REASON!) no changes to RT will do.

first - because making entire game 'pick RT (ONE NODE)' or 'pick crit' is stupid and we could as well ditch the entire passive tree idea

second - most changes people propose (buff heavy strike etc) cannot be done because crit can benefit from them just as well.

it is the crit that should get HEAVILY nerfed. decouple status aliments, set the crit cap at 75% or even 50%. current situation is deplorable. go check passive tree heat maps - noone picks the bottom left part of the tree if one doesnt have to. for a reason. it sucks. you CAN build around there - but why? for flavour? how many exalts i can get from playing that? i can make it work - if i opt to abuse broken stuff (poison/blade flurry or any other bull..) OR i happen to have 500pdps weapon. but everything goes if one has such items. with normal gear? good luck (but is perfectly doable as right-side of the tree CI/crit build because reasons)

not to mention that current (and it seems - forever) life/CI situation just does not make it easier.
Maybe we should just bring back reflect packs?
Luna's Blackguards - a guild of bronies - is now recruiting! If you're a fan of our favourite chromatic marshmallow equines, hit me up with an add or whisper, and I'll invite you!
IGN: HopeYouAreFireProof
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
....honestly I think the ascendancy is fine and the main tree is fine for marauder. Whats wrong with marauder is going on at a skill gem level imo....

^ So true!
German saying: Schönheit und Funktionalität in Sekundenschnelle zu ruinieren, ist dem wahren Dilettanten keine Herausforderung!
torturo: "Though, I'm really concerned, knowing by practice the capabilities of the balance team."
top2000: "let me bend your rear for a moment exile"
"
Dark_Chicken wrote:

Yea you can nerf hammer anything decent to the ground but guess what, take a look at why players continue to choose ranger (which you keep buffing every single dam patch) and witch and elemental offense over everything and do some real legit balancing for once.

Witch 514

Elementalist 144

Necromancer 320

Occultist 50
Templar 328

Guardian 25

Hierophant 6

Inquisitor 297
Shadow 379

Assassin 319

Saboteur 7

Trickster 53
Ranger 583

Deadeye 2

Pathfinder 238

Raider 343
Duelist 90

Champion 4

Gladiator 25

Slayer 61
Marauder 78

Berserker 62

Chieftain 4

Juggernaut 12

7 saboteurs, 4 chieftans, 4 gladiators, 2 deadeyes, 6 hierophants lol

There's a pretty big imbalance in ascendancy choices yeah. I was actually surprised GGG didn't attempt to balance any ascendancies, since theyve made some ascendancy balancing changes in major updates in the past. Kind of disappointed they didn't address this in 2.6 or announce anything for 3.0.

More importantly real melee is still shit and caster is still the way to level and start a new league.
my evasion is so high i only insta rip sometimes
-----
Bug Fixes:
People were using cyclone for actual melee builds, so we nerfed it and made blade vortex. Also, we went ahead and made cyclone great for CoC casters while we were at it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info