So Discharge is going to be modified for self cast, what about CoC/Cospri/Mjolner builds ?

As it was previously said by one of the person working in GGG making a viable self cast Discharge is one of their objective. It was confirmed with the Fall of Oriath official trailer :

(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFAPw_F3jyg, take a look at 1:26).

My question is how the CoC/Cospri's/Mjolner builds are going to be impacted by these changes ? Are they going to be nerfed ? Or Discharge buffed for the self cast ? Both ?

It would be nice to get some information about this as it concerns a lot of people enjoying this skill.

Thank you.
📜My hideout thread : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2542497
Last edited by Synopsis on Feb 24, 2017, 4:25:58 PM
Last bumped on Mar 4, 2017, 11:35:41 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Cwdt+Discharge isnt big deal i was making that as nuke shield before "nerfs" Mjölnir needs a lot of attention i think mjolner is dead like harvester.
no longer playing
huh that pretty well scratches my thoughts on getting a Kingsguard to try with cast when damage taken discharge
They better not. It's the funnest build in this game. Not to mention it's already been nerfed to the ground. Not many out there killing shaper with discharge.
Git R Dun!
let these crap 'fun' and 'creative' builds die. there is nothing creative about stacking crit + cospris or mjolnr + discharge to win

these builds shouldnt be possible in the first place. not with the vaal pact in the game

let them die. time to move on and play something more challenging than 'right click the pack, right click the pack, right click the pack (oh boss died too?)'

there are other spells one can trigger, try these

but, dont fret - chances of ggg actually fixing this are null so you are safe. they will postpone discharge changes just like they will never fix the double dip and life/ES bullshit. too many players cannot play the game without these cheats and they know it. they cannot afford loosing them
If it were up to me I would disable discharge working with any of these trigger methods completely and then buff the hell back into mjolner, cospris and coc so that they actually work again for all the other spells. Theres dozens of cool spells and trigger attacks that can be made with these things and the sad fact is discharge is too strong with this method so they all have to be nerfed into the ground, just destroyed and made unplayable in an attempt to make triggered discharge somewhat reasonably balanced.

you either lose discharge or you lose all the other cool coc type builds, imo discharge has to go. Bring back shatterchuckers, spec throw welders, lightning strike arcers, all those other things that have to be nerfed out of the game to accommodate how broken triggered discharge is.
"
canjp wrote:
Cwdt+Discharge isnt big deal i was making that as nuke shield before "nerfs" Mjölnir needs a lot of attention i think mjolner is dead like harvester.

The truth is that harvester is only dead because people are to lazy to adapt. I still can kill almost everything in the game with my harvester char. I like it that most people think it's a trash item now because I don't think I need to fear any nerfs in the future. ;o)

German saying: Schönheit und Funktionalität in Sekundenschnelle zu ruinieren, ist dem wahren Dilettanten keine Herausforderung!
torturo: "Though, I'm really concerned, knowing by practice the capabilities of the balance team."
top2000: "let me bend your rear for a moment exile"
"
Synopsis wrote:

(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFAPw_F3jyg, take a look at 1:26).

My question is how Mjolner builds are going to be impacted by these changes ?

Its a trash dumbster tier item right now. Nothing will change for mjolner until they overhaul mjolner to the power it deserves for its rarity and stat requirements.

Until then people will find ways to utilize cospris malice for its elemental equilibrium enabler, attack speed and crit multi and lower stat requirements just better in every situation compared to mjolner.

"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
you either lose discharge or you lose all the other cool coc type builds, imo discharge has to go. Bring back shatterchuckers, spec throw welders, lightning strike arcers, all those other things that have to be nerfed out of the game to accommodate how broken triggered discharge is.

It's not like self-cast discharge is even bad, either.
It's just not stupidly OP.

+1 making discharge not triggerable.
I don't understand you guys. You would rather a fun build be destroyed because "it's not creative" or takes no skill to play or whatever your OPINIONS are?

I think it is bad to expel these kinds of builds. Just because you find a build not interesting or not fun, doesn't mean other people don't find it fun.

I don't care if they put a less multiplier on triggered discharge I would still play it sometimes because it is fun exploding over and over again. I would play it even if it didn't have as much damage.

Not everybody wants to play straight laced skills + 5 links. It's fun to find weird ways to kill things in this game.

You guys are so archaic with your thought processes sometimes. The beauty of this game is in it's oddities. Just because someone doesn't builds you think require more skill doesn't mean they are not playing creative, fun builds.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info