Fixing CI and Life

Old Chaos Inoculation > your life reduces to 1 immune to chaos
New Chaos Inoculation > your life reduces to 1 & your leech effects reduced by %50 (so people cant facetank with CI with ghost reave)

Or

Rework CI to > Your life reduces to 1 & reduced chaos damage taken %80

Rework Corrupted Energy jewel to > reduced chaos damage taken %20 & inc phys damage taken %5-10
(better way for CI instead of making just immune and new gem for economy)

Rework Brittle Barrier jewel to >35-45% faster start of Energy Shield Recharge while you are not Chaos Inoculation (alternative hybrid jewel)

-

Buff every %5 life skill to %6 (and %6 ones to %7)
Buff every +80-100 unique shield to 120-150 hp (or 200)
New kaom must be +750 or even 1000 hp (since people can reach 1K vaal regalia its obv unfair)
BoR Hp bonus must be 250-300 (you cant wear damn armour)
Lioneye remorse must be +200-300 hp (since everyone use surrender you can buff it ggg)
Unique amulets need some hp bonus like %50 more +40 and +50 is too low. +60-70 is decent.
-
Mortal concition must be %15 more instead of %15 inc hp. like CI bonus
-
Make scion better tank like picking gladiator gives %10 more hp or something.
-
Unique quivers need more hp 40-50 is just too low. 80-100 is decent.

That changes should improve game.
no longer playing
Last edited by canjp on Feb 24, 2017, 4:05:42 PM
Last bumped on Jul 22, 2017, 7:22:01 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
nope,

CI should stay the same.
Ghost reaver needs the adjust to 50% of leech applied to es. - this would also help hybrid life/es builds. Because they could still leech life as well as es. Great option for lowlife casters that want bm in the links.

Vaal pact should be adjusted to xx% of leech applied instantly, and allow the rest to apply as normal. No life regen, no es regen. - this would be able to be scaled with leech per second nodes.

add 15% to all flat life rolls/tiers.
Add 1% to all life nodes.

These changes should put a 6k life build into the 7500 range. 9k into the 1100 range.

Thats the only real life/es balancing my ignorant self thinks is needed. (i say ignorant self, because i am sure i am missing some key ingredient that would make this some crazy buff/nerf to game)
Last edited by BloodBaneBoneBreaker on Feb 24, 2017, 5:23:46 PM
Life isnt that bad if you run enfeeble all the time. ever since this build i've been doing it on every life toon and feels like CI like. https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1667160

Do shaper and everything else. Should you be forced to run it though prolly not. I think a 10% life nodes buff in order.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Feb 24, 2017, 6:15:32 PM
Life is bad , CI is broken. 10K es vs 5K hp is just unfair.6L+tri res+1K Es vaal regalia vs 500hp kaom (0 Link) is just dumb. Every ES skill is %6 and lifes are %5 skill tree itself bad agaisnt life builds.

its like fighting bosses with hulk (CI ES) and Teletubbies (hp build)
no longer playing
Last edited by canjp on Feb 24, 2017, 6:50:42 PM
Hi guys,

I try in endgame with ES + Life :

Defense Area :

Spoiler

+18.8% Evasion From Dexterity
+47 Life From Strength
+70.4% to maximum Energy Shield From Intelligence
Energy Shield Recharge is not interrupted by Damage if Recharge
Cursed Enemies you Kill have a 20% chance to Explode, dealing a quarter of their maximum Life as Chaos Damage
+5 Life gained on Kill
0.4% of Physical Attack Damage Leeched as Life
+50 to maximum Life
2.8% of Life Regenerated per second
86% increased Armour
+20% to Chaos Resistance
+1% to maximum Lightning Resistance
40% increased Energy Shield from equipped Shield
2% additional Chance to Block Spells with Shields
+29% to all Elemental Resistances
90% increased Evasion Rating
223% increased maximum Life
85% increased Energy Shield Recharge Rate
376% increased maximum Energy Shield
+154 to maximum Energy Shield

But is hard recover ES + Life, any develop can remake CI ?

I think that people don't like "life become 1 point", CI is Double-edged sword, and we don't like.

My point of view is in endgame : 20K-ES 80% regen rate + 10K-Life with 5-10% regen rate, but with the current Tree is impossible.

I want make a build called " Warlock - Temple " the name is obviously is from "wow", but now I can't with current tree aply " ES + Life ".

Please talk with your develops in your table to reamek this skill "CI"

Greetings.
Last edited by drakgoku1 on Feb 27, 2017, 12:55:39 PM
"

Ghost reaver needs the adjust to 50% of leech applied to es. - this would also help hybrid life/es builds.

^ I really like this. ^
The "perk" of life vs CI is that you get armor and/or evasion, and you've already implied that these two are worthless by not even bringing them into the conversation. CI pools should be bigger, by a lot, because you're basically not getting other defenses. The problem is that CI is the only one of the three defenses that covers all incoming damage types, while armor and evasion have holes in them that make them just worse.

The real fix isn't the nerf CI in some way, nor is it to buff life. You have to buff armor and evasion such that they are actually reliable ways to mitigate all incoming damage. Make armor work against elemental damage, and evasion work against spells, and you solve most of the problem. Then you have to reduce incoming damage such that you won't get 1 shot by everything on an evasion character. Finally just get rid of vaal pact, and you're set.
After long time it seems my suggestions kinda work ggg buffs Lioneye remorse and some uniques with lowlife.I hope they buff Non Es gears without Hp roll too those are need help.
no longer playing
IMO CI should be something like "Reduce life to 1, chaos damage don't bypass ES" then put some chaos resistance nodes behind it to replace the extra ES

What is really broken is instant leech, it should be removed and it should somehow be easier to hit the leech cap

And for sure damage mitigation really needs a HUGE buff right now the only thing that really matters is damage buffer and it has to change

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info