Adding rift type enverioment to game?

In general im not fan of d3 but their rift ladder is best idea they had. Like trying improve your personal rift goal. I would even add total played time so you can compare your effective percentual improvement rate history.

Last bumped on Feb 22, 2017, 9:23:54 AM
would be fun butt.... that way maps will be run less i think xd

rifts like rift the mmo would be more fun in areas i think:P
"Now all that's left is for you getting on your knees."
if you know thanks me:) i'm dying to find out x'D
It just promotes an environment where most people only use/accept the most OP builds in the game and call everything else useless or garbage. Though I guess that's not much different from how PoE is now.

The map system is basically Rifts anyway. Higher tier maps can already be turned into a state where they are pretty much impossible to finish, so the challenge is already there for people trying to push themselves. I would be happy if they added low level maps though, because even with the new 10 act system it will get boring running those 10 acts on 50 characters, and being able to do random maps instead to level would be nice for a change. That has been suggested many times before though.
We don't really know what the 10 acts will be. All we have to go on is Chris's chart showing the progression in comparison to what we have now. Act 10 might be brutal. The boss fights might be next to impossible. Or not. We'll have to wait and see.

My hope for the system is that they get rid of the drop in difficulty we had after completing act IV. I'd like to say I'm sure they did... but I can't. If they put an overboard boss in Act V, to finish the first part, the whole of Act VI-IX might be a cakewalk. I miss the days of D2 where move up in difficulty actual got more difficult.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
We don't really know what the 10 acts will be. All we have to go on is Chris's chart showing the progression in comparison to what we have now. Act 10 might be brutal. The boss fights might be next to impossible. Or not. We'll have to wait and see.

My hope for the system is that they get rid of the drop in difficulty we had after completing act IV. I'd like to say I'm sure they did... but I can't. If they put an overboard boss in Act V, to finish the first part, the whole of Act VI-IX might be a cakewalk. I miss the days of D2 where move up in difficulty actual got more difficult.

Actually he addressed both of those items in his interviews with ZiggyD. The and of Act 10 leads into maps, so it's not going to be super hard endgame challenge content. And he talked specifically about the difficulty drop between current act 4 and act 1 cruel/merciless, and how the new 10 act system allows them to solve that.
Last edited by YD_Wynd on Feb 22, 2017, 8:29:04 AM
Yes. Best idea d3 ever had. No such thing as too easy with infinite rifts. This end game is pretty crappy not only costs a fortune to play it you blow through content like nothing with 1000s of builds (any build in class forums for sure) until the "big 6" (uber atziri, guardains, shaper) and more than a few handfuls of builds trivialize that too.

End game here is a complete joke really.
Git R Dun!
Thinking GGG will ever provide end game content that isn't a currency sink, is to believe in Santa. Can't damage the "almighty economy".
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
endless rift is the only thing that could come from D3 in PoE....wat an amazing implementation it should be !!!!!

have fun
learning is a painful process ... knowledge is the most deadly weapon.
"
Phrazz wrote:
Thinking GGG will ever provide end game content that isn't a currency sink, is to believe in Santa. Can't damage the "almighty economy".

werd. Gonna be interesting playing this SSF how far ppl be able to get in maps. I can chain 14-15s in trade game just throwing like 10-20c into improving maps. Bet 8-9 will be the norm. Hope I dont find anything good - be all dressed up and no place to go
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Feb 22, 2017, 9:25:12 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info