Trading in-game currencies and goods for some store items with GGG assistance

"
Sure it may work in other games, but those games clearly have pay to win elements. PoE doesn't want pay to win, so it won't happen.

No a standardized gifting system won't happen because it would standardize RMT which standardizes p2w. End of story.

GGG is perfectly allowed to change their rules and allow it, but like I said, the population would vacate the game within hours over an unethical change like this. Game itself would be left dead while still standing it would be hemorrhaging money so quick. There is no way the smaller number of people that want RMT to be allowed would outweigh the number of people currently supporting the game regularly who would be gone.

Some critics to you statements:
1 Those games are not pay-to-win. Official gift cannot improve you gameplay. Even if player helps you for some kind of gifts, you are still the same player. Same rank. You cannot but skills and exp.

2 This method was designed to help people from poor countries. If indian/russian player will get more comfort with such gifts, why would GGG refuse to implement sych system to game?
RMT players want to get much money. Player(I, for example) just wants to get some tools he cannot afford.
However, it won't hurt GGG at all. Also, store goods are made for comfort and nice looking character.
I pay my time. Other players pays his time to eatn some money - to make a gift. GGG gets money. It works well. And it is legal mercenary system.

3 Such gifts are kind of supporting.

Again and again. RMT player doesn't want to be legal. Never. Being legal means being controlled by GGG. I swear, nobody of RMT players will agree to trade their goods for virtual ones.
RMT players want real money.

This is the main difference. RMT wants money. Similar to me - some store goods.

Also, another difference. Even after I got a gift, I will help that player. That gift is a thing I cannot afford. Nothing more.

Can you imagine RMT player, who will help someone without payment?

Assuming:
1 This is not RMT, but the way for people from poor countries to get some store goods.
2 RMT player doesn't wan't to be(become) legal. Trust me. I live in Russian region, where people do not want to get "white" money. They want "grey" or even "black" money. Without paying any tax.

However, mercenaries are in PoE. Illegal. RMT.

Legalize. That's all.

PS Still negative attitude to RMT players, because they violate the rules and do not want to become legal.
How is this thread not locked?
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
My god. OP even if you are just getting MTX in exchange for in game goods, that means that the person "gifting" you the MTX is getting an in-game advantage without having to play the game to earn it. They are literally paying money in exchange for exalts. How can you not understand that?
U MAD?
"
CrazylikE wrote:
How is this thread not locked?

I guess they are having a kickass laugh out of your [Removed by Support],not everyday you get to see stuff like this.

Wait and see,another one of them will lock on to this topic and they both will start discussing ''busyness'' plans.
No rest for the wicked.
Last edited by Nichelle_GGG on Feb 23, 2017, 6:05:31 PM
"
Docbp87 wrote:
My god. OP even if you are just getting MTX in exchange for in game goods, that means that the person "gifting" you the MTX is getting an in-game advantage without having to play the game to earn it. They are literally paying money in exchange for exalts. How can you not understand that?
Talking is not about exalted orbs.

I got response from support:
"
If your friend would like to gift any microtransactions to you we may be able to look into this however, I'm afraid they will need to contact us with this request first.

His gift is mtx. My gift is what I do not need. It is all I can do for him beside running game in party.
However, I will run with him even after getting gift.

This means I won't get many false "gifts". And I won't get any money, because I want to play game. Game is for entertainment, not for profit.

I still hope gifting system will become offial - not via support.
"
Uranist wrote:
"
Docbp87 wrote:
Talking is not about exalted orbs.

That is irrelevant. It doesn't matter WHAT in game item we are talking about.
U MAD?
"
Uranist wrote:
His gift is mtx. My gift is what I do not need.

We've been over this before. A gift is given without the expectation of something in return. You do not walk into a shop and give the shop owner a gift of money in return for a gift of bread. If you will only give your "gift" in return for a specific item, it is a trade.

Stop using the word gift - it is a lie.
“Please understand that imposing strong negative views regarding our team on to other players when you are representing our most helpful forum posters is not appropriate.” — GGG 2022

----

I'm not 'Sarno' on Discord. I don't know who that is.
I'm so glad I started my new job today. I have no energy left to try to beat into OP that he is wrong. Just going to sit back and snicker now...

I should keep their profile bookmarked in Google though. Stay up to date when they get banned..

It is just sad that he tries to change the subject by claiming it is a "gift" even though it is clearly not. It is mtx for in game currency which equals RMT no exceptions. "But, but, but... Mah Gift..." -.-
"It's all clearer now
And I hear her now
And I'm nearer to
The Salvation Code"
Last edited by PleiadesBlackstar on Feb 24, 2017, 5:51:57 PM
"
I'm so glad I started my new job today. I have no energy left to try to beat into OP that he is wrong. Just going to sit back and snicker now...

I should keep their profile bookmarked in Google though. Stay up to date when they get banned..

It is just sad that he tries to change the subject by claiming it is a "gift" even though it is clearly not. It is mtx for in game currency which equals RMT no exceptions. "But, but, but... Mah Gift..." -.-

No no no, you are wrong. Gift is not RMT.

Btw, can you gift me some exalts? Ill gift you some MTX back, promise.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
"
CrazylikE wrote:
"

No no no, you are wrong. Gift is not RMT.

Btw, can you gift me some exalts? Ill gift you some MTX back, promise.

Dealio. Just let me log in aaaaaand I'm banned.
"It's all clearer now
And I hear her now
And I'm nearer to
The Salvation Code"

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info