Convocation is a bad joke! *rage*

Dear GGG,

your game is awesome. Seriously. That first.

BUT

That skill / spell convocation is kinda "suboptimal". Well, not a "joke" but it feels like a workaround for a not 100% perfectly working minion AI.

As a summoner, I seriously have to reserve a skill slot for a spell, that basically gathers my minions after they got stuck between some walls, in corridors or simply wandered offscreen.

Sure, if you just walk away long enough they teleport to your character again (built in auto convocation?). But that´s obviously not viable.

Now wouldn´t it at least be possible to make that a free spell for every class? Like an additional button that says "gather allies"?

I absolutely hate it, that I need to reserve a blue skill slot (and hotkey) or swap gems in a battle just because those moron spectres hide behind a door and can´t enter the room.

BRRRRRRRrrrrrrrrr (*growling sound*)
Last edited by IamLoco on Feb 21, 2017, 7:08:40 PM
Last bumped on Feb 22, 2017, 4:18:30 PM
"
IamLoco wrote:
Dear GGG,

Is that how a cold wolf makes an angry sound?
"
EwokVillage wrote:
"
IamLoco wrote:
Dear GGG,

Is that how a cold wolf makes an angry sound?

+1 That made me chuckle
lol, ok got it. That was actually really funny :)
I don't know why so many people gripe about minion ai. Could be better yeah, but you and others are always complaining about being stuck on walls and crap.

This hasn't happened to me in forever, or at least not enough of my minions to matter. Convocation has exclusively just been me wanting to force all the minions to spawn in the middle of the mob and burst damage the pack away.
"It's all clearer now
And I hear her now
And I'm nearer to
The Salvation Code"
"
I don't know why so many people gripe about minion ai. Could be better yeah, but you and others are always complaining about being stuck on walls and crap.

This hasn't happened to me in forever, or at least not enough of my minions to matter. Convocation has exclusively just been me wanting to force all the minions to spawn in the middle of the mob and burst damage the pack away.

It can easily happen that you teleport around (worst case: Down or up a different terrain level even if it´s just a little step) and your minions start looking for some stairs to get to you and run offscreen or get stuck completely.

I´m not saying that the convocation itself is bad - it´s just a reserved skill slot for something that "a summoner" should have naturally. The minions are the summoner´s weapon. Now imagine a warrior would drop his sword now and then and needed an extra skill to pick it up again.
Wow, troll thread in general, thats new and exciting. I use a slot on my ring for it, there, not even a main item slot used. Now leave.
"
sarahaustin wrote:
Wow, troll thread in general, thats new and exciting. I use a slot on my ring for it, there, not even a main item slot used. Now leave.

IT´s actually not a troll thread and you will certainly not tell me what to do. Why don´t you just ignore this thread then instead of trolling yourself?
Convocations kinda necessary if you use summons which feels bad, as they are fairly gem slot starved already.

I only have two real issues with it though, the regen buff is irrelevant and should be made substantial and the cooldown limits its usefulness as a way to deal with boss mechanics (i frequently summon my crew out of overhead slams etc)

I don't actually have any problems with the AI keeping up with me, they consistently go to where your casting so if you use any kind of curse the minions are exactly where you want them to be.
tldr

one of the best skills in this game deserves a gem slot!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info