Phoenix guardian discharge dmg

I was thinking of making some life build, that can facetank his discharged even when he is on 10% life (-9maxres), and if the map has -6% maxres by default.

For this I would need to know how much dmg an average discharge from him do.

Assuming I take barbarism for 1% maxres and run a level 20 purity of fire (4%), have perma fortify(20% dmg redu) and run arctic armor (12% less fire dmg taken), and handcurse with enfeeble (12% less dmg dealt by the boss) right before the explosion as the basic mitigation.

So 71% fire resist, 2 times 12% less dmg, and a 20% reduced dmg.

Then the formula is the following right? (Not sure if he has any firepen)
Dmgtaken = dmgdealt * (1-0.12) * (1-0.12) * (1-0.71+(firepen/100))* (1-0.2)

Dmgtaken = 0.1796 * dmgdealt

So around 82% total dmg reduction without flak.

With ruby flask it should be (0.136) around 86.4% total reduction.

Well, so if I have 6k life, then I should be able to take around 33k fire dmg without getting killed without fire flask (or with flask on the minus6 map) and 44k dmg with flask.

Question: does he do such large hits by default?
Last bumped on Feb 21, 2017, 10:31:03 PM
I'm not sure about the damage, but if you want to go further, use the rise of the phoenix shield, and either purity of fire in a voideye or corrupted to level 21 and in a +2 to aura level item. Those changes would give an additional +9% to maximum fire resistance.
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.
http://poedb.tw/us/mon.php?n=Guardian+of+the+Phoenix

His base firebomb damage is Deals 8781 to 13172 Fire Damage
As a boss he gets a 140% more damage multiplier so he does at most 31612.8

This is assuming the map mod has nothing that gives him more damage or anything that lowers your defenses.

IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
Hm poedb nice.

I made an excel file with the poedb stuff.

Results for 86% total maxres

With RotP and level 23 purity it would be ranging from 650 to 2740 dmg, so yeah may be a good option if there are like extra dmg mods all over the map, pretty crazy to be honest.

All right, now I just have to try it if it really works.
Last edited by krenderke on Feb 21, 2017, 12:59:20 PM
The Firebomb is a different ability.

Whatever, it looks like a giant discharge.

Anyway, got myself a map to test it.

Last edited by krenderke on Feb 21, 2017, 2:30:29 PM
I'm just saying, the numbers for that are not displayed on poedb. 86% maxres is unlikely to be enough to tank that though I can't be sure. Depends on your ES pool.

"
Zed_ wrote:
I'm just saying, the numbers for that are not displayed on poedb. 86% maxres is unlikely to be enough to tank that though I can't be sure. Depends on your ES pool.

I can confirm the numbers are accurate based on hundreds of face tanking of his firebomb.
Interesting, because 13000 fire damage is facetankable by basically any build. I've seen him oneshot 10k+ ES.

"
Zed_ wrote:
Interesting, because 13000 fire damage is facetankable by basically any build. I've seen him oneshot 10k+ ES.

You must have missed the part where I said he has a 140% more dmg multiplier making it 31k.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info