New Leauge Strategy, Your Tipps

Hey Guys, i started playing PoE at Talisman Leauge then i had a break at the mid of perandus and in this time the game has developed much . I think PoE is now on its Prime and we should enjoy the Time we can experience now.

The Breach leauge was the first leauge, where i reached the endgame content. i realize how important a good start with the right choice of build is for motivation.

I started this leauge at first with phys blade flurry but i failed at t1 maps because of selffound playstyle and because of noobiness.

then i switched to a flameblast-totem build and it worked well, every map except the guardians was possible to beat - a great starter build to farm currency and things you need for your life in wraeclast. after that i played howa blade flurry with barb(maraudeur) and i finished all relevant content except uber-atziri

i want you to post your ideas how you start at leauge and how do you want to switch in endgame content, which build you would reference?
most weapons are not available at leauge start like howa, scourge etc.
what is your opinion to creating a starter char only to switch later in leauge on your main?
which builds are useful for this and what are your references to new players or to players like me who are not really new, but even not pro?
i appreciate all tipps you want to share.

english is not my native...
Last edited by Samadhi1989 on Feb 21, 2017, 7:39:18 AM
Last bumped on Feb 21, 2017, 1:02:52 PM
A usual choice is: spellcaster first.
You don't need good gear, your damage depends mostly on gem levels.

With flamebast (totems), bladefall or others, you can easily reach merciless dried lake, enter maps and farm whatever you want.

If you want to, you can play such a build first, even though you maybe don't enjoy doing so, and then switch to your "real" main.

---

That being said, personally I play whatever I want. Some type of melee, usually.

This is how I do it:

1. I don't participate in the "race" in the beginning, so when I enter the stage after a week or so, most uniques are already somewhat affordable.

2. I accumulate currency worth about 1-2 Ex just by playing through the three difficulties. This is what I can spend to make my build "work" towards maps. Not ideal, but functional.

3. I find most of the stuff myself: all the gems, gear with life and resists on it, flasks, maps. I only need to spend currency on key uniques and important upgrades like 5-6 linked chests or weapons with higher DpS.

4. Just by playing my maps, I usually find something that is worth a ton. Like a Shavs, "the fiend" divination cards, rare rings with life and 120+ resists. I sell these and buy my "luxury" stuff like a 6-linked Starforge.

I got my stuff every league so far, and will continue to do so in the future.

So, my real personal advice: Have fun.
Play something you enjoy, not something that feels like work.
3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
I spend the last days testing some starter builds, and I think the "best" starter will be scorching ray cwc firestorm hands down. The damage is really insane, even in the low levels. Just use firestorm / scorching ray totem until you get cwc in act 4. At this point u just need a 3/4 link and faceroll the content. I would suggest getting whispering ice later, just awesome and clears everything.

I myself will start with a shield charge slayer and hope to get my hands on a pair of legacy facebreakers.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info