JUG - UBER LAB - NON EQ BUILD HELP

Hi everyone. This will be my third league coming up and I would love to start out with an uber farmer. Thing is... I absolutely hate EQ. I don't like the playstyle, I don't like the "meta" of it. I don't like voidheart... Okay, i'm not that negative, but the whole go EQ/JUG "get gud" gets so old.

So my question - What else can Jug do?

They go EQ b/c it has super high damage, can use warchief and it does a lotta damage and gets the Jug regen... So here is what I want to know

Is there anything else Jug can do and get the endurance charges/insane hp/uber lab viablity and still kill f'n izaro with ease?

What I've considered so far.

1. Jug Explosive Arrow
2. Berserker EA (doesn't have the juicy regen)
3. Jug - Blade Vortex (not as good since BV is very clunky now)
4. Jug - Other melee skill? - literally none as good as EQ, maybe BF but no idea

Soooo yeah. I'm looking for a build that gets the regen via tree/jug/endurance charges to make traps less cancer. And I also don't want to worry about getting smashed similarly to a jug/eq build that mostly just facetanks izaro.

I'm sure there are others that want to know this but keep in mind LEAGUE STARTER. So lets see what is out there? Obviously later league builds are much better but I'm curious what people say.
Last bumped on Feb 27, 2017, 3:32:25 PM
wait until patchnotes, there will be new skills and balance changes (including skill tree).
Yeah that is true. I'm pretty excited! I may just bite the bullet and make a warchief totem snoozefest character... would love for it to be a fun character that can do lab though. We'll see.
For what it's worth, I've found Slayer to be far, far better at farming Uber Lab than Juggernaut. You can check out my Slayer's profile - he routinely gets 4 key runs. I'm just trying out Molten Strike right now, it's not the best but it still works. I should note, that gear is almost all self-found although I did get pretty lucky finding a 6l Karui Maul.
I can only speak about HC. I believe Juggernaut is the best for Uber because of Unflinching Unrelenting Unstoppable. Without endurance charges up, Izaro just kills you. And i don´t want to dodge and do enduring cry 8 or 9 times, until my endurance charges are finally up and i can fight with less risk.

I was thinking about knockback Lacerate. Get some bleed and poison going. I don´t know.
Block would be good too. But the endurance charges are everything. So it´s going to be Jugger for me.
I´m sick of EQ too. It´s actually not good for Uber because it is so slow, just like Marohi.
If the Goddess and Izaro with Full Charges do a nice combo on you, 6K Life is not enough to survive that. I found that 6K Life is enough with 9 endurance charges up.

Also Enfeeble is mandatory. With Enfeeble Temp Chains, Izaro probably becomes a joke, so
Cospris is relevant. Next league I´m going for Cospris, that´s for sure.

So basically, get tons of attack speed, get a good one handed sword, maybe Scaeva, a shield
and then Lacerate. But I´m shit at theorycrafting. Oh yeah, Kaoms Way is good too.
Yeah I have been dumping currency into my old Jug to try him out again and while I do love how he can make it through traps pretty well, it feels so damn slow! I tried out the axe that bleeds when you curse, as well as used tempchains/enfeeble which makes the fight more fluid/easier.

But I don't feel like Jug is this indomitable animal anymore and that the other classes probably can be better. I realize that when you get a ton of gear on it that yah.. it kills him pretty fast and can do the run much smoother, but Norse is one guy I watched a lot and he swears by the slayer setup, which I haven't tried yet.

I was also considering a chieftain totem build to get some currency first... but Maybe there is a way to make Jug seem a bit smoother to play. I was hoping that maybe a new one handed skill would put attack speed into it so my leap slam doesn't feel like i'm on a dial up connection :P

Realizing that i am fairly new to the uber lab game, I've been watching quite a bit of videos on how to help with it and occasionally run into the "get gud" people. Maybe this thread will pick up as the league gets closer.
I´ve been watching Norse too, and he himself said that on HC he would go with Jugger, general mapping and Uber he would go Slayer and on SC obviously Slayer because the cull is so good.
But he doesn´t have to be scared of a oneshot. Today i died with my Uber Farmer because i didn´t have my
Charges Up and I didn´t pay attention at the very beginning of the fight.
Izaro Leap Slammed on top of me and i was almost oneshot with 6k HP. Right after that before i could
pot myself up the Goddess sprinkled her Green Sauce on me. I was dead.
Which was my own fault ofc. At the beginning of the fight move around until you have the charges.

Understand that the fight doesn´t begin before your max charges are up. Unless you like rolling the dice on your death on every Izaro attack. Because even the Leap Slam is a potential oneshot.
I don´t even know if it critted or not. When all 9 Charges were up the leap slam did 30% at best.
This is how powerful the endurance charges are. Also don´t compare yourself to Norse.
He has +1 endurance charge corrupted belt, Disfavour and other shit that you and I probably
won´t get. BTW i tried UUl Netol Axe too and it was good. With COspris it would be interesting
because with that we would get free poison and bleed, making voidheart irrelevant.
Kinda wondering if Champion may be the way to go over Jug? Slightly less tanky, but 20% more damage, and gets the less damage taken if your totem successfully taunts. Idk... I guess I could always roll it into a slayer and play with Viper Strike or something.
It´s not 20% more damage,
it´s Enemies you Taunt take 20% increased Damage if you are talking about Worthy Foe.
Juggernaut has 30% increased Damage while you have Fortify

The Conqueror node says:6% reduced Damage taken if you've Taunted an Enemy Recently.
1 Endurance Charge is 4% Physical Dmg reduction. Even though it´s 6% and global
Juggernaut has 6% increased Damage per Endurance Charge
8% reduced Elemental Damage taken while at Maximum Endurance Charges

Also the Champion does not get less damage taken if your totem taunts,
it says : 6% reduced Damage taken if YOU´VE Taunted an Enemy Recently
so that has to be you doing the taunting. not the totem.
So Izaro´s Aggro will always be on you. And BTW Recently means in the last 4 Seconds.
So the 6% reduced damage taken, will only be Up for 4 seconds. How shitty is that.
YOu have to taunt Izaro every 4 seconds. This is not practical lol.
Unless you want to taunt him all the time. Which is retarded.
Btw someone would have to test this but afaik taunts work in the way that only the last taunt
applies, and that taunts can overwrite each other. If the 6% dmg reduction is tied to the target
being focused at you, then having your totems overwrite the taunt would be actually a bad thing.

Enemies you Taunt take 20% increased Damage
Enemies you Taunt deal 10% less Damage against OTHER TARGETS
if you are talking about this, well these juicy 10% less damage don´t apply to you.

so that´s fucked up.

Champion is a piece of shit compared to Juggernaut.
For reliable Uber Farming i would want to have physical damage reduction capped at 90%
With 9 endurance Charges and Fortify i have 74% reduction.
With granite flask i sit at 30k Armour and i have it capped.

On my next juggernaut i´ll try to get an even higher reduction, without the granite up
because i don´t want to be reliant on flask. What´s the point on being capped when you press
the flask. When you press the flask it means you anticipated the damage.
And when you anticipate it you can sidestep it too.
I want to be strong when i don´t anticipate it, when Izaro catches me off guard.
Which honestly shouldn´t happen, but it can.

So I´m thinking about grabbing chaos golem and Soul of Steel.
And maybe even two Kaoms Ways. That should put me at
86% Phys Dmg Reduction. If i then get a Belt with corruption, I would be at 90%
Phys Dmg Reduction, with no Flasks up at all times.

playing juggernaut 10 end charges lacerate (check gear in profile) - its pretty unkillable.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info