PC servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

Can somebody make a transcript of Chris Interview? Cant Stand ZiggyD

Death Metal sucks
Chill Jams
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:

Hating isnt inherently wrong. If you hate justin biber then well done, that is the correct response to the existence of justin biber. If you also hate justin timberlake, matt damon, brad pitt and just about every other good looking, successful, high profile male in modern culture its probably got way more to do with your own ego than it has to do with anything theyre doing.

all this says is that its ok to hate someone who you consider ok to be hated, but not ok to hate someone who you dont consider ok to be hated...not really saying much tbh.
Ziggy is just being a capitalist man. What's wrong with a little good old fashioned economic wizardry.
Look, automatization is eating traditional jobs slowly. The future is in the service industry, and that includes odd jobs like streamers. Shaming them is as stupid as shaming a game designer because "games are stupid and we could do something more productive".
Add a Forsaken Masters questline
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2297942
"
grepman wrote:
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:

Hating isnt inherently wrong. If you hate justin biber then well done, that is the correct response to the existence of justin biber. If you also hate justin timberlake, matt damon, brad pitt and just about every other good looking, successful, high profile male in modern culture its probably got way more to do with your own ego than it has to do with anything theyre doing.

all this says is that its ok to hate someone who you consider ok to be hated, but not ok to hate someone who you dont consider ok to be hated...not really saying much tbh.

actually it doesnt.

I hate Oj Simpson because hes a lying murder = rational hate for an individual.

I hate all black people = irrational hate born from psychological problems in the hater.

Its not about justin biber or heavy metal etc, if you read the things I write and thats all you get from it, the detail of the example I give then the larger psychological point being made is completely lost on you, the examples I pick are for humor, the larger point being made is serious. Theres a difference in having specific things you love/hate and having knee jerk reactions to large generalized areas of people, the latter is more often than not a defense mechanism generated by insecurity.

A lot of hate is born out of insecurity, by putting other people down you elevate your own relative status, hating on people is often a subconscious go to behavior for people with low self esteem. Mass irrational hate is particularly telling. Showing love and respect for others takes a degree of self confidence, you cant truly love someone else until you love yourself. Saying I hate you creates a shield, saying I love you leaves you vulnerable. These are quite basic psychological concepts.
"
NeroNoah wrote:
Look, automatization is eating traditional jobs slowly. The future is in the service industry, and that includes odd jobs like streamers. Shaming them is as stupid as shaming a game designer because "games are stupid and we could do something more productive".

ya pretty much.
"
torturo wrote:
I don't respect any other streamer, nor their "work". For me they are all jobless people playing computer games for a living, the whores of the gaming industry.

I agree 100%. I love watching PoE streams off and on, but I don't for a second see any of the full time twitch streamers as anything more than cam whores with a mouse in their hand instead of a vibrator.
People tend to look down on streamers if they make a mediocre amount of money right? I'm sure there are streamers out there making more than 6 figures.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
Last edited by Nephalim on Feb 21, 2017, 6:25:51 PM
"
EdgarFriendly wrote:
Death Metal sucks

Sad but true, I like most forms of metal, but death metal is...eh. Maybe I have a fear of the dark.
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
"
grepman wrote:
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:

actually it doesnt.

from your statement, yes it does.
justin bieber is a successful, arguably good looking (well, I dont swing that way, but I'll take the girls' word for it), high profile male. so he fits your own criteria.

"

I hate Oj Simpson because hes a lying murder = rational hate for an individual.

according to our law, oj simpson was innocent of murder. you hate oj simpson because you think hes a murderer- fairly important distinction here.

"

I hate all black people = irrational hate born from psychological problems in the hater.

to play the devil's advocate, if you think all black people are murderers - then by your logic it is rational hate, correct ? if so, we're getting warmer.

"
. Mass irrational hate is particularly telling. Showing love and respect for others takes a degree of self confidence, you cant truly love someone else until you love yourself. Saying I hate you creates a shield, saying I love you leaves you vulnerable. These are quite basic psychological concepts.
any irrational hate is particularly telling, imo. but something to keep in mind that one doesnt get a pass for hating on something that is cool to hate on. like justin bieber.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info