Best HC SSF build for a new league? Opinions?

"
I really enjoy Shadow/Saboteur Fire Nova Miner.

I wish I had ur computer... Every time I use fire nova mine FPS goes from 60 to 5.
"
EnafAequi wrote:
my personnal favorites are,
2 handed slayer and
freeze assassin or occultist

it's very straighforward, and non-unique dependant

As SSF, spellcaster is recommanded, since it does more consistant damage while leveling in case you don't find good weapons

Yeah I cant imagine playing attacker of any sort. Not only do you need new weapons about every 10 levels need a good one to have good damage.

Spell casters DGAF. Don't even need a wand really and damage scales good.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Feb 20, 2017, 7:46:39 PM
Heavy Striking my way to 100
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
Hows that work SF? Have to have a specific unique "hidden potential" . and yes hidden potential will be the GGest single find playing self founded.

Can wear all blue gears which is easy to make T1 life/T1 resit and do shit loads of DPS (and all double dips for now)

We have 3 ingredients. viridian jewels, scouring orbs and chance orbs. It's not like you'd be chancing every base you find. Plus if you let something as trivial as a jewel brick your ssf adventures that's just sad.

I doubt he'd be running around in blue gear till he hit a4merc for the skillpoint. Chancing viridian jewels on the way might net him a hidden potential. There's about 20 unique viridian jewels. It shouldn't be that hard ;p

As for the Carcass Jack and the Breath of the Council. Both farmable one through divination cards the other via prophecies.

Last edited by Hallsttattian on Feb 20, 2017, 8:39:10 PM
Thinking about a bear trap occultist for the obliteration effect.

I think I am going to give it one attempt (one death) them move on to regular league. So I can try some of my wacky builds that require certain uniques.

A kid with a magnifying glass. . . looming down on the anthill. Eventually one is going to get you.
"
Hallsttattian wrote:
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
Hows that work SF? Have to have a specific unique "hidden potential" . and yes hidden potential will be the GGest single find playing self founded.

Can wear all blue gears which is easy to make T1 life/T1 resit and do shit loads of DPS (and all double dips for now)

We have 3 ingredients. viridian jewels, scouring orbs and chance orbs. It's not like you'd be chancing every base you find. Plus if you let something as trivial as a jewel brick your ssf adventures that's just sad.

I doubt he'd be running around in blue gear till he hit a4merc for the skillpoint. Chancing viridian jewels on the way might net him a hidden potential. There's about 20 unique viridian jewels. It shouldn't be that hard ;p

As for the Carcass Jack and the Breath of the Council. Both farmable one through divination cards the other via prophecies.

As far as ssf starter characters go this sounds like one of the worst options you could possibly go for..
Planing a build based on any uniques on SSF is planing for failure, it's basic understanding of the game.

There are tons and tons of build that can efficiently go to 80+ in a few days on full rare equipment... just pick a skill and the source of defense of your choice and make your tree/flasks/supports/other skill/jewels/ascendancy make the best of it, best way to avoid pitfalls.
Last edited by EnafAequi on Feb 21, 2017, 1:25:59 AM
"
Maceless wrote:

Yet another terrible idea... I can't even begin...

In what fu world do you have a reliable chance to put you hands on an Obliteration in SSF??? So in the mean time what? you're going to level up throwing bloody bear traps as an occultist??? OMG have you played the game before?

It's like worse than the worst of the worst suggestion in entire the world.
Last edited by EnafAequi on Feb 21, 2017, 1:51:07 AM
Can be everything that doesnt consume to many skill gems.

All ele skills need Penetration gems, so i would skip those. FB is one option, because its solid with totems. Wouldn't do it on self-cast. Otherwise you can do solid Ele Bow builds, since 2 Damage Auras and high IAS (Thicket) are easy to get. Same for ele Spec Throw. ED and dot things will be still good. All Chaos DMG skills are solid option as well, but keep in mind, that most bosses have a bit of Chaos Res, afaik.

I personally going for some Physical Spell, be it self or totem cast.
Welcome to the greatest of arenas, Duelist. God is watching you.

"
EnafAequi wrote:
"
Maceless wrote:

Yet another terrible idea... I can't even begin...

In what fu world do you have a reliable chance to put you hands on an Obliteration in SSF??? So in the mean time what? you're going to level up throwing bloody bear traps as an occultist??? OMG have you played the game before?

It's like worse than the worst of the worst suggestion in entire the world.

You did not understand what he suggested:
He said he wants to use Occultist for the obliteration effect. Occultist has Profane Bloom: Cursed Enemies you Kill have a 20% chance to Explode, dealing a quarter of their maximum Life as Chaos Damage

Which is about the same Obliteration does.

He does not want to run Obliteration, he wants to run Occultist with profane bloom.
Last edited by Mathorg on Feb 21, 2017, 2:26:18 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info