Ideas for my most fun Vaal Orb corruption yet.

So, it's not godly by any means, but it is fun! A good leveling unique, and yet I'm wondering if I could even use it in lower-tier maps.

I tried flame surge on it for my (still low-level) Three Dragons build, though the mana cost is a bit heavy, even with the mana leech and reduced mana built in.

Do you guys have any other good ideas? Keep in mind that I'm limited to three blue sockets, as I really do NOT want to waste Vaal Orbs recoloring this, er, novelty toy.
Wash your hands, Exile!
Last bumped on Mar 1, 2017, 3:43:55 AM
Arctic Breath seems pretty obvious choice, but you are missing a green slot for LMP or GMP. Maybe some crit Shadow leveling? Dunno. D:
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
"
gibbousmoon wrote:
So, it's not godly by any means, but it is fun! A good leveling unique, and yet I'm wondering if I could even use it in lower-tier maps.

I tried flame surge on it for my (still low-level) Three Dragons build, though the mana cost is a bit heavy, even with the mana leech and reduced mana built in.

Do you guys have any other good ideas? Keep in mind that I'm limited to three blue sockets, as I really do NOT want to waste Vaal Orbs recoloring this, er, novelty toy.

I think this really could be a fun item. If I were you I would really use a few vaal orbs to get the right colors otherwise this sceptre will be kind of useless. Btw, the mana cost will always be somewhat high - it's a low-level 10-link. ^^ But if you don't like to invest the vaal orbs I offer 40c for the sceptre. :)
German saying: Schönheit und Funktionalität in Sekundenschnelle zu ruinieren, ist dem wahren Dilettanten keine Herausforderung!
torturo: "Though, I'm really concerned, knowing by practice the capabilities of the balance team."
top2000: "let me bend your rear for a moment exile"
"
666lol666 wrote:
"
gibbousmoon wrote:

I think this really could be a fun item. If I were you I would really use a few vaal orbs to get the right colors otherwise this sceptre will be kind of useless. Btw, the mana cost will always be somewhat high - it's a low-level 10-link. ^^ But if you don't like to invest the vaal orbs I offer 40c for the sceptre. :)

What colors would you recommend?
Wash your hands, Exile!
Hmmm... we have faster casting, ice bite, hypothermia, added cold, reduced mana, mana leech and cold penetration.
Let's move into the realm of "batsh*t crazy". Increased crit, spell echo and ice nova. Sure, vortex has lower mana cost, but also less aoe and crit chance. With an ice nova that is at least lvl 17, we could now trigger a discharge with kitava's thirst xD We should have a somewhat decent charge generation due to ice bite, so it might actually work :D
Did I mention that this is one of the craziest ideas I ever had?
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.
"
FCK42 wrote:
Hmmm... we have faster casting, ice bite, hypothermia, added cold, reduced mana, mana leech and cold penetration.
Let's move into the realm of "batsh*t crazy". Increased crit, spell echo and ice nova. Sure, vortex has lower mana cost, but also less aoe and crit chance. With an ice nova that is at least lvl 17, we could now trigger a discharge with kitava's thirst xD We should have a somewhat decent charge generation due to ice bite, so it might actually work :D

Interesting indeed. I just dropped my first Kitava's Thirst this past week (after years of exclusive SSF play), coincidentally, so let me see if I can make it work. ;)
Wash your hands, Exile!
"
gibbousmoon wrote:
What colors would you recommend?

I think Perq has it right with Arctic Breath plus a green gemslot for LMP or GMP.
German saying: Schönheit und Funktionalität in Sekundenschnelle zu ruinieren, ist dem wahren Dilettanten keine Herausforderung!
torturo: "Though, I'm really concerned, knowing by practice the capabilities of the balance team."
top2000: "let me bend your rear for a moment exile"
"
FCK42 wrote:

It only brings the mana cost to 50, so it would not work with Kitava's Thirst. Too bad.
Wash your hands, Exile!
Hmmm... maybe fevered mind or voidbringer then? I did calculate it, but then again, the reduced mana support isn't exactly helping here.
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.
"
FCK42 wrote:
Hmmm... maybe fevered mind or voidbringer then? I did calculate it, but then again, the reduced mana support isn't exactly helping here.

Would have to use both for it to work. Unfortunately I don't have a fevered mind yet (SSF), so I can't test it.
Wash your hands, Exile!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info