Chaos Orbs is not very useful.

not everyone plays self found or is interested in only creme de la creme. there are good essences to use for less than 1 chaos on poe.trade. feels pointless to use chaos orbs for the same purpose.
Last edited by kompaniet on Feb 20, 2017, 2:01:19 PM
"
kompaniet wrote:
not everyone plays self found or is interested in only creme de la creme. there are good essences to use for less than 1 chaos on poe.trade. feels pointless to use chaos orbs for the same purpose.

Well we are pretty obviously talking about crafting for two different purposes I think. I said if you are wealthy enough to make the investment then chaos'ing can be very profitable. I'm not talking about just getting a rare that has some life and a couple resists. Why would you use an essence that has a lower top roll than the roll you can get with alchs/chaos if you are trying to roll an item that is actually good? Not sure what self-found has to do with anything.
U MAD?
Once you get into high tier maps it's worthwhile to use a few chaos to roll up good iiq and packsize on the maps. As another poster mentioned certain strongboxes are worth rolling with chaos for good returns. For items, certain bases can be worth chaos spamming to try to generate high value gear (e.g. steel rings, opal rings, crystal belts). Good ES gear can also be generated with chaos spam (on ilvl 84 bases), such as Vaal Regalias (get a 6L one first), Hubris Circlets, and Titanium Spirit Shields. Basically chaos spam is useful if you're trying to generate a good item with a rare base that would otherwise take multiple exalts to buy something equivalent.
I see that people get a white 6L good base and chaos spam it.
But I see a better way: save a bunch of the same white, Alc spam them until getting a good roll then 6L it, isnt that better since Alc worth less than Chaos?
"
hackinghorn wrote:
I see that people get a white 6L good base and chaos spam it.
But I see a better way: save a bunch of the same white, Alc spam them until getting a good roll then 6L it, isnt that better since Alc worth less than Chaos?

Eh. Buying a white 6L base is usually a lot smarter. There are no guarantees when it comes to trying to 6L something (unless you want to pay Vorici, but that is usually more expensive than buying a white 6L base).
U MAD?
Indeed, you 6-link a rare chest only if it's AA tier (amazingly awesome).
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info