Chaos Orbs is not very useful.

I can't see why I should Chaos a rare item, I can just get a new white and Alc it.
Of course you can use it in map device and crafting in benches. But I realize that you SHOULD NOT Chaos a rare item (only exception is maps, I think).
Maybe Chaos a Strongbox (lol)
I'm new though. How should I effectively use my Chaos Orbs?
Last bumped on Feb 20, 2017, 5:00:44 PM
"
I'm new though. How should I effectively use my Chaos Orbs?

buy items on market
"Is there such a thing as an absolute, timeless enemy? There is no such thing, and never has been. And the reason
is that our enemies are human beings like us. They can only be our enemies in relative terms."
You need around 180 chaos orbs to buy white 6L vaal regalia. Then you need some more to roll the chest until you get the desired mods. If you play life based then maybe fusing orbs are more important because your chest gonna be some kind of unique. However you can buy fusings with chaos too.

In short, you can never have enough chaos orbs because you can buy anything with it.
"
hackinghorn wrote:
Maybe Chaos a Strongbox (lol)

You will want to do that too in some cases, if you got the mad luck to get a high level cartographer's box certainly, and it's usually worth it to chaos a diviner's box too.

There are a lot of good sinks for it so you can never have too many. Their value over the course of the league is very stable too so you can freely hoard them.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on Feb 20, 2017, 5:56:48 AM
Thanks for all your answers.
Now I understand that Chaos Orb is a thing used for trading rather than to be used on items (maps may be an exception).
It is used on items, buying a blank chest with 5 or 6 linked sockets is a pretty standard way of affordably getting something good enough to do the job until you can go for your optimal setup, or you just stick with it.

It's possible to use it for weapon crafting too, you spam chaos and then wipe the rest of the mods when you hit a good prefix combo, usually high %physical/hybrid and flat damage rolls. Can't really recommend it, though, you need a lot of luck and it gets expensive fast.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
I mean if you are wealthy enough to make the investment, then spamming good bases with chaos can certainly be profitable.
U MAD?
"
Docbp87 wrote:
I mean if you are wealthy enough to make the investment, then spamming good bases with chaos can certainly be profitable.

who does that when we have essences now?
"
kompaniet wrote:

Take notice of how many chaos you find between two essences, let alone two essences you would actually use on an item.

"
kompaniet wrote:
"
Docbp87 wrote:

Because I can get 145 flat on a Regalia with a chaos, but only 125 with a Deafening Essence of Woe, and just one of those essences is not worth the price...

The only Essences worth crafting with are the ones that give affixes you cannot get otherwise.
U MAD?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info