Coming back from oldschool

Hi guys,

since I've come back from the dead and stopped playing since the days before hideouts and stuff I need some help.

I need some kind of build to fit my setup:
Laptop is very laggy, even on shitty settings manipulated through config file.
So I thought about, hey what about the build Kripparian mentioned on his chanel?
Read, that poison and stuff of that build was nerfed.

So, I'm still searching for the best safety HC viable, when I lag I can survive or even kill stuff build!!!I want to achieve level 90 on HC on the next league with the build.
I prefer selffound (so no rediculous expensive OP build I can't afford) and soloplay (so no support) but will play in parties, if one is up (might be the case very often in a new league).

I might have missed a few very important new mechanics since the past few leagues!
So please tell me, what is important about hideouts, new currency prices, ascendacies, recipies, what's the best lootfilter to use (got Ziggys), what are new mechanics to be aware of or to avoid?
Feel free to link some guides and stuff.

I'm not sure but I feel like the best thing would be some kind of CWDT build.

If this is not in the correct section, feel free to move it.

THX the DK!
Last edited by Dragonkiller on Feb 17, 2017, 7:56:57 PM
Last bumped on Feb 18, 2017, 8:20:18 PM
hc on a very laggy laptop? are you pervert?
Laggy laptop and HC? ^^

Go for Flame Totem Chieftain. Thanks to Tukohama, War's Herald (after Cruel Lab) monsters lose all interest in you and you will be playing mostly unmolested. After Uber lab you will get Life Leech from totems (Hinekore, Death's Fury) which further increases your survivability in lags.

The build doesn't create any lags and is rather cheap, any 6-link body armour with life and resistances will do, however, for late game content you really want Tukohama's Fortress or else your damage will fall behind... though level 90 is easily achieved without it. Other useful uniques would be trusty old Infernal Mantle, Winds of Change, Karui Ward and Clear Mind. You have the choice between Elemental Overload or crit, the former is easier to gear and indeed tankier (as you can invest in more life nodes in the skill tree rather than in crit chance), the latter will result in higher damage output. If you want even moar damage you can change to Spell Totem + Incinerate which works fine with the same tree just requires focus on cast speed on gear (also requires the unique jewels Rain of Splinters for extra projectiles and Spire of Stone to make the totems stun immune and thus Incinerate uninterruptible).

My character profile is public, feel free to check the tree and gear.
So this one:

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1050038

combined with Tukohama, War's Herald instead of what other skill would you recommend?
I believe, Lifting chose Ramako over Tukohama, personally I prefer the taunting totems over endurance charges. Other than that his skill tree is pretty solid, tho I went for Cruel Preparation (20% max life) and Heart of Flame (nicely increased fire damage and penetration) instead of Totemic Zeal and the "Scion socket". I also grabbed Elemental Overload (massive damage boost and well worth the three passives) which I trigger reliably via Orb of Storms (linked with Increased Critical Strikes and Culling Strike).

Lifting is using a wand (with Flame Dash as movement Skill), I prefer the scepter so I can chose between Shield Charge or Leap Slam (better in Lab), both giving Fortify.

In Lifting's gem setup you'll see Iron Will. Elemental Focus yields a LOT more damage, however, the totems can no longer ignite. In order to benefit from the Ngamahu ascendancy (35% increased damage against burning enemies) you can use the Flame Golem as your igniter (linked with Spell Echo, GMP and Chance to Ignite)
Last edited by tomay on Feb 18, 2017, 8:28:46 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info