What if Hillary won the election???

"
sarahaustin wrote:
Doesnt matter to him? Is that why he will sign the FADA?
https://youtube.com/watch?v=hiVQ8vrGA_8&t=2m0s
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
"What if Hillary won the election???"

I know Hillary will be still talking lies and lies and I think people will be more hateful than before; Hillary started poisoning minds of people who are driven more by feelings than reason, and those who are thinking about those who voted for another president as less human are sad toys and unbalanced personalities. This kind of hate would be more seen and expressed.
Last edited by Rexeos on Feb 18, 2017, 1:50:52 PM
"
Rexeos wrote:
"What if Hillary won the election???"

I know Hillary will be still talking lies and lies and I think people will be more hateful than before; Hillary started poisoning minds of people who are driven more by feelings than reason, and those who are thinking about those who voted for another president as less human are sad toys and unbalanced personalities. This kind of hate would be more seen and expressed.

Trump would make more of a fuzz about having lost tho, especially if he won the pop vote and she won the EC.

Hillary would keep lying about Syria and Russia and the whole of ME. But she would also keep the ACA and probably make it better if possible, she would protect minorities and tax the rich. All the things Trump does wrong for americans she would do right, other countries would suffer tho.
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
"
sarahaustin wrote:

Would the argument be the same if it was a religious group demanding the right to discriminate against interracial couples?

We've largely established that if you wish to own a public business in this country, you're not allowed to discriminate. You have to be open to the public. There's really no question when it comes to race; the Civil Rights Act is pretty clear on this one. Why shouldn't it equally apply to sexual orientation?
Luna's Blackguards - a guild of bronies - is now recruiting! If you're a fan of our favourite chromatic marshmallow equines, hit me up with an add or whisper, and I'll invite you!
IGN: HopeYouAreFireProof
"
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
"
sarahaustin wrote:

Would the argument be the same if it was a religious group demanding the right to discriminate against interracial couples?

We've largely established that if you wish to own a public business in this country, you're not allowed to discriminate. You have to be open to the public. There's really no question when it comes to race; the Civil Rights Act is pretty clear on this one. Why shouldn't it equally apply to sexual orientation?

I actually support it if its no basic human need like housing, food clean water and clothes and health care. I dont wanna serve white supremacists and LGBTphobic people either. I tell them get lost, and if someone is anti LGBT or anti immigrant and turns customers away then they can lose customers all they want, not my problem. I go elsewhere. I come from the sales business, there were people i gladly helped and some i wish i could have sent away. The FADA is a pure discriminating law tho and is probably unconstitutional anyways.
"
Mine would be.
"
We've largely established that if you wish to own a public business in this country, you're not allowed to discriminate. You have to be open to the public. There's really no question when it comes to race; the Civil Rights Act is pretty clear on this one.
I think individuals should be allowed to discriminate however they see fit. I don't think businesses should need to be open to The Public. Not so with the government; there should be a specific list of things, race and sexual orientation among them, which government shouldn't be allowed to discriminate for or against. But this shouldn't apply directly to individuals; as a cultural exemplar, perhaps, but only indirectly.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Feb 18, 2017, 7:25:27 PM
"
鬼殺し wrote:
Remember when we talked about cool shit like tv shows, other games, movies, pets, kids, clothing, cars (thanks Sol, you're carrying that torch at least), and BASICALLY ANYTHING BUT DONALD FUCKING TRUMP?
Why not both? Or should I say "all?"

Or is it that you can barely tolerate even seeing "Trump" in a thread title?
"
鬼殺し wrote:

And you want to pretend that's not a dictatorship?

Or is he part of yours?

you really think Trump is Dictatorship? Seriously?

The only Fascist I know are the leftist and those Liberal. Right now in Canada our liberals are passing a bill that is basically made to "fight against Islamophobia" but in reality its a bill that will give to the governement the power to procecute anyone who have political opinions that doesn't match their. And we know how liberals love to call everything that doesn't match their opinion Fascism or Nazism. I find it ohhh so ironic how they call everything Fascism while they are the one who act like so.
"
diablofdb wrote:
"
鬼殺し wrote:
And you want to pretend that's not a dictatorship?
you really think Trump is Dictatorship? Seriously?
I was going to ask the same thing.
"
鬼殺し wrote:
A ruler who has created and enforces their own idea of truth contrary to evidence and facts is a dictator.
Um... no. A ruler who wields absolute power, who isn't restrained by court or legislature, is a dictator. The word for you are accusing Trump of being is "propagandist."

I think what you're trying to say, however, is that propaganda, at the zenith of its power, is a subversion of democracy; disarmed of accurate information, voters are essentially disenfranchised, unable to vote intelligently in their own interest. I call this the Einstein problem, because Albert identified it as a systemic flaw of democratic capitalism in 1949:
"
The result of these developments is an oligarchy of private capital the enormous power of which cannot be effectively checked even by a democratically organized political society. This is true since the members of legislative bodies are selected by political parties, largely financed or otherwise influenced by private capitalists who, for all practical purposes, separate the electorate from the legislature. The consequence is that the representatives of the people do not in fact sufficiently protect the interests of the underprivileged sections of the population. Moreover, under existing conditions, private capitalists inevitably control, directly or indirectly, the main sources of information (press, radio, education). It is thus extremely difficult, and indeed in most cases quite impossible, for the individual citizen to come to objective conclusions and to make intelligent use of his political rights.
However, note the tools of rule-by-propaganda: corporatist control of media, the purchase of elected representatives (or, better yet, long-term unelected officials) in government, education as indoctrination. Do you really think we weren't completely in the grip of propagandists already? Weren't you conscious and watching the news during 2002?

The reason it has become so noisy is that Trump is challenging the propagandists. He is wrestling with a corrupt media establishment for control of the narrative. For the moment, we have alternative narratives to choose from. What does Trump intend to do with the narrative if the old propagandists are defeated? Who knows? The spoils of war might just go to a group equally or more corrupt. But you're wearing some serious rose-colored glasses if you see the mainstream media as innocent victims of this barrage, as defenders of the people, as lightbringers. The media coverage of Wikileaks and Snowden should be proof enough of that.

This isn't propaganda versus truth; veracity isn't obvious, its determination takes reason and scientific inquiry, it isn't just to be interpreted for you into bumper stickers by the priesthood of the news. This is propaganda versus propaganda, and it's on each person to decipher the truth for themselves — or, more likely, just believe whichever alternative fact is more comfortable to them. As an optimist, I see opportunity in the chaos of conflict; as I realist, I don't fool myself about how improbable it is that opportunity will be realized.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Feb 19, 2017, 12:46:38 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info