Do you talk to yourself? If you do... Guess what you're a genius.

I'm on a small coffee break at work... I was trying to figure out something difficult at work and someone caught me talking to myself out loud. "Hey you okay...?" I wasn't paying attention, was deep in thought...

"Oh sorry talking to myself, tying to figure something out..."

Co worker turns around, you could barely hear him, "weirdo."

I ignored it... A week later that very same co worker was fired for missing too many days. He came in a few weeks later to pick up his stuff. He gave me a hearty hello and began to ask me how I was... A behavior I couldn't understand.

So I kindly said... "Sorry can't talk to you talking to myself." Turned around walked away... I could hear him in the background.

"Fucking weirdo..."

This time louder, perhaps so I could hear. So I turned around but before I could say anything my superior came out and heard it too.

"I changed your rehire status to no and will not be giving you a letter of recommendation."

He protested and gave everyone the finger... ..|..

I sat down at my desk... And finished reading an article that talking to ourselves when solving complex issues completely normal and a sign of a genius. Einstein did ^,^

"Another... Solwitch thread." AST
Current Games: :::City Skylines:::Elite Dangerous::: Division 2

"...our most seemingly ironclad beliefs about our own agency and conscious experience can be dead wrong." -Adam Bear
Last edited by solwitch on Feb 17, 2017, 9:35:38 AM
Last bumped on Feb 19, 2017, 3:23:29 AM
lol

i aslo talk to myself for many reason...
Last edited by Beefeata on Feb 17, 2017, 11:56:47 AM
I talk to myself. Sometimes. Sometimes it's good to talk with a clever person, you know. For a change.

(I even sing for myself when there are nobody around. It's private party here, go away!)
There is a sure way to die.

Билды - это листья на дереве Path of Exile. C каждым патчем одни опадают, и каждую лигу вырастают другие.
So thats why Geralt is so badass!
"
sarahaustin wrote:
So thats why Geralt is so badass!

Exactly! But also he has two swords to speak for him...
There is a sure way to die.

Билды - это листья на дереве Path of Exile. C каждым патчем одни опадают, и каждую лигу вырастают другие.
Last edited by DigitalCage on Feb 17, 2017, 12:57:45 PM
I do. And so does my cat. She is the real genius.
Censored.
So he called you, 'weirdo' to himself. The irony. Though... how loud are you talking to yourself? Normal speaking volume is weird in public. Like those jackasses with bluetooth headsets.

Also, I do not know about it being genius behavior... though it definitely helps with logic checking (for me).
A kid with a magnifying glass. . . looming down on the anthill. Eventually one is going to get you.
Last edited by Maceless on Feb 17, 2017, 3:54:38 PM
I lost an argument with myself and my cat laughed at me

Spoiler

By solwitch's argument, if I chop my own ear off, I'll win at art.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
As a streamer with 10 followers, I talk to myself 80% of the day. It's very comforting thank you! ;)
█▀▀▄ █▀▀▄ █▀▀ ▄▀▀▄ █▀▄▀█ ▀▀█ █▀▀█ █▀▀▄
█░░█ █▄▄▀ █▀▀ █▀▀█ █░█░█ ▄▀░ █░░█ █▄▄▀
█▄▄▀ ▀░▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▀░░▀ ▀░░░▀ ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀ ▀░▀▀
Last edited by Dreamzor on Feb 18, 2017, 8:45:54 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info