All your questions answered... The big ones.

Where did it all begin?

To explain this is like tryin to explain to an ant why the path before it has vanished. Where does self conscious exist? Find that answer first than you'll be ready for this questions answer.

The purpose of life?

There is none. Purpose should really be another word for delusion.

Does God exist?

Depends on your definition of, "God." He/she/it lives in different dimension, what you call the fourth dimension

Do dimensions exist?

Yes, just be glad you're not in the messed up ones. How messed up? Hell exists. All dimensions are governed by laws. Completely random laws.

What happens when I die?

Your subconscious/conscious leaves your body. A manifestation of what you call energy. The unfortunate part is this energy can attach itself to matter. When attached to matter unless its destroyed you're there. If you're lucky eventually you'll be released into space. However this dimension allows for reincarnation, a reset completely random. You could come back as whale.

Does heaven/hell exist?

Yes, just different dimensions.

Good vs Evil?

There is no such thing. What may be evil to you could be good somewhere else,Vice versa.

Are their principles laws for all dimensions?

There are a few laws that are known so far. One law is that dimensions continue to appear. Hence Universe expanding however they will never collide/touch/combine. Another law, dimensions can never be destroyed/eliminated/closed. Finally you can only time travel within a dimension, leaving your dimension you would be erased.

"Another... Solwitch thread." AST
Current Games: :::City Skylines:::Elite Dangerous::: Division 2

"...our most seemingly ironclad beliefs about our own agency and conscious experience can be dead wrong." -Adam Bear
Last edited by solwitch on Feb 17, 2017, 1:49:12 AM
Last bumped on Feb 17, 2017, 4:07:30 AM
"
solwitch wrote:

The purpose of life?

I like this one. However, I disagree with the "there is none" part. Yes, it's a delusion, and there are many delusions out there. You could as well say, "there are many", or "whatever you think it is".

The rest, well. Err... source? Never mind.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
"
solwitch wrote:
The purpose of life?

False. The purpose of life is gene preservation, the continued existence of the species. Pretty much everyone knows this; what they really mean by the question is "is there a anything else?" No, there isn't. But even a simple problem can have great depth with added complexity; it's not as boring as you might think. It's borderline amazing we haven't caused our own extinction already, and the present risk of us doing so is greater than you might think.

Most of your post (dimensions, God, etc) are delusions spawned by your delusion that purpose is a delusion. When existence is believed to be purposeless, the soul starves for meaning and the mind conjures it from non-existent.
"
solwitch wrote:
Good vs Evil?

There is no such thing. What may be evil to you could be good somewhere else,Vice versa.
Mostly false. Good means ethically correct. Ethics is the philosophy aimed at determining optimal action from the set of all alternatives. Thus, "good" (in this context) refers to deliberate actions with a close proximity to optimal, and "evil" to deliberate actions which exclude the optimal. ("Wrong" tends to cover actions with an effect contrary to their intent, which is conceptually distinct from "evil" where the intent itself is ethically incorrect.) And as covered earlier, there is a purpose to life to give ethics a specific objective by which to judge distance from optimal; ethics is objective in reality but highly subjective to interpretation due to our limited understanding of it (at present), leading to many debates.

I say "mostly" because good and evil are concepts, similar to "right" and "wrong;" they have no physical manifestation apart from actions caused by choices conscious entities make.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Feb 17, 2017, 3:05:36 AM
The delusion is that delusions aren't real :)

Scrotie's delusions, for example, are well-structured, logical and consistent. Everything is part of a well-organized system.

Everyone lives in their own private delusion.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
"
Bars wrote:
The delusion is that delusions aren't real :)

Scrotie's delusions, for example, are well-structured, logical and consistent. Everything is part of a well-organized system.

Everyone lives in their own private delusion.
Not all concepts are delusions, Bars. Only some are.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
Not all concepts are delusions, Bars. Only some are.

If it's a word, it's a delusion.

#radicalAgnosticism #deep #shallow
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
"
solwitch wrote:
The purpose of life?

False. The purpose of life is gene preservation, the continued existence of the species. Pretty much everyone knows this; what they really mean by the question is "is there a anything else?" No, there isn't. But even a simple problem can have great depth with added complexity; it's not as boring as you might think. It's borderline amazing we haven't caused our own extinction already, and the present risk of us doing so is greater than you might think.

Most of your post (dimensions, God, etc) are delusions spawned by your delusion that purpose is a delusion. When existence is believed to be purposeless, the soul starves for meaning and the mind conjures it from non-existent.
"
solwitch wrote:
Good vs Evil?

Mostly false. Good means ethically correct. Ethics is the philosophy aimed at determining optimal action from the set of all alternatives. Thus, "good" (in this context) refers to deliberate actions with a close proximity to optimal, and "evil" to deliberate actions which exclude the optimal. ("Wrong" tends to cover actions with an effect contrary to their intent, which is conceptually distinct from "evil" where the intent itself is ethically incorrect.) And as covered earlier, there is a purpose to life to give ethics a specific objective by which to judge distance from optimal; ethics is objective in reality but highly subjective to interpretation due to our limited understanding of it (at present), leading to many debates.

I say "mostly" because good and evil are concepts, similar to "right" and "wrong;" they have no physical manifestation apart from actions caused by choices conscious entities make.

Gene preservation is irrelevant with a conscious. Self awareness is not only a gift but your downfall.

"...our most seemingly ironclad beliefs about our own agency and conscious experience can be dead wrong." -Adam Bear
"
Bars wrote:
"
solwitch wrote:

The purpose of life?

I like this one. However, I disagree with the "there is none" part. Yes, it's a delusion, and there are many delusions out there. You could as well say, "there are many", or "whatever you think it is".

The rest, well. Err... source? Never mind.

Did the Bible have a source? It did? Were you there there when it was written? Soooo we believe a few men who lived in a time were underwear didn't exist... Interesting.

"
solwitch wrote:

Did the Bible have a source? It did? Were you there there when it was written? Soooo we believe a few men who lived in a time were underwear didn't exist... Interesting.

The Bible? "We" believe? I "believe"?

hahaha

Nice try.
Last edited by Bars on Feb 17, 2017, 3:49:37 AM
The greatest freedom of man(kind) is to have no purpose.

Having a purpose would rob us of our perceived freedom. We are not robots.

"
The purpose of life is gene preservation, the continued existence of the species.

I'd dare say purpose of species is gene preservation. Life is a characteristic of every living being (and every living being may choose not to preserve its genes and rise above the programming), but what if there exists a material being that doesn't have genes as inhabitants of our planets do. Imagine the existence of such a singular being native to one place in this universe. Statistically this is not impossible.

Modern biology applies only to this planet, and it is somewhat narrow sighted not to think of all the possibilities. Somehow I am of such train of thought that all our paradigms would break if we were to be exposed to the knowledge of everything that actually exists outside of Solar system.

I won't comment on other things, I would appear to be a lunatic.
Spreading salt since 2006
Last edited by Necromael on Feb 17, 2017, 4:10:32 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info