Man listening to some old school hiphop makes me miss old days.

"
grepman wrote:
the chronic is a certified classic

I wouldnt call it viral. it was word of mouth thing back in the day that made music famous

MTV and the radio is more like it.
"
SnowCrash wrote:
"
grepman wrote:

I wouldnt call it viral. it was word of mouth thing back in the day that made music famous

aside from yo mtv raps, mtv wasnt really poppin off like that.

streets/venues/clubs was always the largest source of popularity for a genre like hip hop.

radio was a factor, but again, it mostly played singles.
"
grepman wrote:
"
SnowCrash wrote:
"
grepman wrote:

aside from yo mtv raps, mtv wasnt really poppin off like that.

streets/venues/clubs was always the largest source of popularity for a genre like hip hop.

radio was a factor, but again, it mostly played singles.

I was talking about Dr.Dre not all of hip hop. by the time Dr.Dre went solo every kid knew the members from N.W.A. . I have hard time even calling his music hip hop.
HAIL SATAN!
"
SnowCrash wrote:
by the time Dr.Dre went solo every kid knew the members from N.W.A. . I have hard time even calling his music hip hop.
I took a course at university called "History of Hip-hop." On day one, the professor laid out a definition of hip-hop which specifically excluded all gangsta rap, citing Dre specifically as non-representative of the genre. Instead, Black Eyed Peas was. In my first paper, I disagreed with his definition and made the case for Dre (relying heavily on NWA). I got a zero on the paper. I dropped the course.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Feb 18, 2017, 12:46:32 AM
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
"
SnowCrash wrote:
by the time Dr.Dre went solo every kid knew the members from N.W.A. . I have hard time even calling his music hip hop.
I took a course at university called "History of Hip-hop." On day one, the professor laid out a definition of hip-hop which specifically excluded all gangsta rap, citing Dre specifically as non-representative of the genre. Instead, Black Eyed Peas was. In my first paper, I disagreed with his definition and made the case for Dre (relying heavily on NWA). I got a zero on the paper. I dropped the course.

Haha brilliant

Not really a big Dr Dre fan either, got where he was on the back of far more talented rappers - Ice Cube, Snoop, Eminem etc. He did however play a part in making the amen break popular so respect for that.
"You want it to be one way, but it's the other way"
Well, i'll be damned. Somebody else knows their hiphop. :)
I am the light of the morning and the shadow on the wall, I am nothing and I am all.
I think hip hop died (in sense stopped to be supported by distributors) and due money transformed into crap. Its in time when Snoop Dog become popular.
Last edited by Rexeos on Feb 18, 2017, 2:08:20 PM
"
tramshed wrote:

Hip Hop did partially derived from the blues.

This one was one of the hip hop groups that paved way for hip hop in the 80s. One of my favorite hip hop songs of all time.

Rapper's Delight - The Sugarhill Gang (1979)
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Sean Paul couldn't touch Missy Elliot.... Hell even Aaliyah destroyed him after her passing. Tweet made one descent song...

"So I went to Neiman & Marcus on a shopping spree
And on my way I grabbed Sole and Mia
And as the cash-box rang I thought everything away"

Almost forgot Jlo and Beyoncé... Destiny child.
"Another... Solwitch thread." AST
Current Games: :::City Skylines:::Elite Dangerous::: Division 2

"...our most seemingly ironclad beliefs about our own agency and conscious experience can be dead wrong." -Adam Bear
Last edited by solwitch on Feb 18, 2017, 3:46:22 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info