Looking for a best hard drive for gaming

Hey Guys

Looking for a best external hard drive to speed up my gaming PC.
Please experts also guide that should i go for SSD or hard drive.

Thanks please try to help me don't just give your affiliate links. Thanks
Last bumped on Feb 17, 2017, 8:12:48 AM
I don't remember my specs, at work atm.

Anyway. I'd say go for SSD as system drive and SSD or hybrid drive as your volume for MMOs or other games that require many loading/disk-reading operations. For any other games (like single player story oriented games) I'd go for less expensive, bigger HDD (with good performance tho).

If we talk about PoE - SSD, no options. Game runs waaaaay smoother since I've got one.
There is a sure way to die.

Билды - это листья на дереве Path of Exile. C каждым патчем одни опадают, и каждую лигу вырастают другие.
Something to note if you use an SSD, is that you want it plugged into a SATA III port. And you want to change the drive mode from IDE to AHCI in your bios, if it's not already. SSD running IDE in a Sata II port isn't going to be much faster than a mechanical HDD.

You have to reinstall your OS in AHCI mode, because after switching to AHCI, it won't read drives with OSs installed in IDE mode. So in the case of ZOMGWTF PC won't boot, that's the problem.

These are the biggest mistakes people make when upgrading to SSDs. And this isn't something that's really communicated to people up front. Nobody would know this unless they've been told this.
Last edited by MrSmiley21 on Feb 14, 2017, 2:27:09 PM
Thanks for your help guys
I have decided to go with wd my book.

This website helped me to buy one

17oxen.com/best-external-hard-drives/

Looking forward to get it soon delivered.
Go go, gadgetick.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Feb 14, 2017, 10:06:34 PM
"
MrSmiley21 wrote:
You have to reinstall your OS in AHCI mode, because after switching to AHCI, it won't read drives with OSs installed in IDE mode. So in the case of ZOMGWTF PC won't boot, that's the problem.

For Windows at least, this isnt entirely true. There is a registry value you can flip, then reboot, enable AHCI in bios, boot to Windows, good to go. When it first boots up itll install various storage drivers, but otherwise its pretty painless.

As for a HD, just about any SSD should do fine.
HAIL SATAN!
Last edited by tramshed on Feb 17, 2017, 8:13:29 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info