Forced name change for no reason

"
"
Ennui wrote:
"
What's amusing about this thread is that if OP was some random guy complaining he'd been inactive for a while and his name was gone everyone in this thread would be telling him to suck it up and he should have logged in more often.

If you lose your name because of inactivity you shouldn't get it back no matter who you are.

No clue how I missed this comment but this is 100% my point. If this was the other way around everyone would be like O fucking well. Then the moment I would bring up that ive spent a bunch of money on this game they would be like "This game is not pay to win, You get no power from spending money you should've just logged in if you cared so much" I'm just sold on most people are here just to troll.

Or we have a point... and you just don't want to admit that it has merit because it conflicts with your personal view of the situation. Considering how Doc just responded, you aren't going to get your way in this scenario. You can gripe all you want, you just won't.

And picking out the one response that sides with you out off all the others to reinforce your belief on the matter? Hello echo chamber.

Because for some reason you dont understand the core issue. If I came here and said I had a forced name change for no reason because I was in active everyone would say "you shouldve logged in" But because it belongs to someone "special" its a different story? It shouldnt be this way. Also this isnt the reason the name was taken from me. It was because said person LIED saying I impersonated him which is not true. Which means they violated the TOS I did not.
Why do you act like copying the name somebody else is known by is not impersonating them? You don't have to declare you are impersonating somebody to be impersonating them. You didn't choose that name at random, did you? You chose it because it was known name on a list, no? How can you say there is no impersonation going on?
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
"
Ennui wrote:

Because for some reason you dont understand the core issue. If I came here and said I had a forced name change for no reason because I was in active everyone would say "you shouldve logged in" But because it belongs to someone "special" its a different story? It shouldnt be this way. Also this isnt the reason the name was taken from me. It was because said person LIED saying I impersonated him which is not true. Which means they violated the TOS I did not.

Let us get this straight once and for all.

Impersonation regarding something like this can have no intent at all.

The very fact that you had their name that was originally theirs, regardless of them being famous or not, means that you are impersonating them.

Yes, if they are an inactive player/ irrelevant name, no real problem to the same extent a famous/active name would be.

But since it is a famous name, somebody, not specifically you, but anybody who takes a name like that in this situation is impersonating. Because all it takes is 1 instance of that person who now holds the name scamming or letting out a flurry of extreme rascist, sexist, etc. language in global, or whatever bannable/shocking event and somebody posting it on reddit, and woah and behold, people go nuts because a name they clearly identify as somebody famous in game was caught doing something bad, even though it isn't them.

Hell it could be as simple as you telling the wrong person to shut the hell up in a pm and up it goes on reddit with a title "I thought this person was known for being kind... what happened to him?"

You can make all the complaints you want, but it makes infinitely more sense for GGG to protect the big supporter's well known name (you didn't know it was well known but GGG doesn't give a shit that you specifically didn't know him), to avoid accidental backlash from the community, the supporter, etc.

Furthermore, forums is pretty much nothing but hearsay when it comes to you touting innocence or guilt. You said in the OP that the other person was lying. We have no means of knowing that unless GGG released every text you made in game for us to read through and they are not about to do that. And it is pointless for you to do it yourself since you can always just edit out anything incriminating. So that just leaves me defaulting to the fact that you were impersonating him at the most innocent level by merely having his name. Whether you think he isn't famous or not doesn't matter, mere interactions with people that do know the name prove that you could easily impersonate him by saying "Hi" locally in town as long as a single person recognizes it. You may have absolutely no intent on using the name in any way that would tarnish it, but it is still impersonation since people would automatically assume you were the real Reaper.

"It's all clearer now
And I hear her now
And I'm nearer to
The Salvation Code"
Last edited by PleiadesBlackstar on Feb 21, 2017, 8:26:30 PM
"
Ennui wrote:
It was because said person LIED saying I impersonated him which is not true. Which means they violated the TOS I did not.

"
Ennui wrote:
They told me what was told to them so yea I kinda do know...

"
Ennui wrote:
I have an open support ticket if you would like to go look for the full log I can also post it if you want to see the whole transcript.

Still waiting on that "transcript"...

Late edit:
"
Ennui wrote:
Which means they violated the TOS I did not.

Actually, you are breaking the code of conduct.

"
Support wrote:
Please do not:

● Personally attack or cause harm to the reputation of others

You've not provided any proof that Reaper violated the ToS, and are making a baseless attack against him.

I don't see why support didn't lock this instead of issuing a warning. At this point, you're just repeatedly throwing shit at Reaper for having his name taken back.

Screenshots or stfu!
Just a lowly standard player. May RNGesus be with you.
Last edited by Shovelcut on Feb 21, 2017, 11:29:50 PM
"
mark1030 wrote:
Why do you act like copying the name somebody else is known by is not impersonating them? You don't have to declare you are impersonating somebody to be impersonating them. You didn't choose that name at random, did you? You chose it because it was known name on a list, no? How can you say there is no impersonation going on?

"pretend to be (another person) as entertainment or in order to deceive someone."

I did not try and pretend to be who ever had the old name. So unless im trying to pretend to be (another person) as entertainment or in order to deceive someone then no im not trying to impersonate them.
"
Shovelcut wrote:
"
Ennui wrote:
It was because said person LIED saying I impersonated him which is not true. Which means they violated the TOS I did not.

"
Ennui wrote:
They told me what was told to them so yea I kinda do know...

"
Ennui wrote:
I have an open support ticket if you would like to go look for the full log I can also post it if you want to see the whole transcript.

Still waiting on that "transcript"...

Late edit:
"
Ennui wrote:
Which means they violated the TOS I did not.

Actually, you are breaking the code of conduct.

"
Support wrote:
Please do not:

● Personally attack or cause harm to the reputation of others

You've not provided any proof that Reaper violated the ToS, and are making a baseless attack against him.

I don't see why support didn't lock this instead of issuing a warning. At this point, you're just repeatedly throwing shit at Reaper for having his name taken back.

Screenshots or stfu!

Support TOLD me that "someone" (which means a single) person claimed I was Impersonating (pretend to be (another person) as entertainment or in order to deceive someone.) the old Reaper. You know the person who left this game for at minimum a year to lose said name. Once again I have sent a ticket to GGG seeing if it is ok to post transcript because I have been told that it is not ok to post support ticket transcripts here.
Edit: whole -> old
Last edited by Ennui on Feb 24, 2017, 4:33:38 AM
"
lagwin1980 wrote:
Well thanks for coming to the forum and letting everyone know just how idiotic you are.

^^^^^ This I'm done you guys win Ill stop posting shit here but I wont take any of my comments down just in case people want to see this for whatever reason. Will still post transcript or pm if anyone even cares.
So...a silly name that would fit quite well on [Removed by Support] marketing line gets taken away from some random person,which in fact seem to me to be an improvement,and he is mad about it? Is this 80s? Since when anyone names their account Xx<whatever>xX? Especially a reaper? are you a badass neckbeard sitting in your mancave called ''The Cockpit'' expecting to be dripping of females of questionable life choices?
No rest for the wicked.
Last edited by Nav_GGG on Feb 24, 2017, 5:10:22 AM
"
Ennui wrote:
Once again I have sent a ticket to GGG seeing if it is ok to post transcript because I have been told that it is not ok to post support ticket transcripts here.

"
Ennui wrote:
Will still post transcript or pm if anyone even cares.

Well then post it already. lol
Just a lowly standard player. May RNGesus be with you.
Well, I don't know you well, but if I was the person who made a character named <insert famous character name here>, and the person ITSELF pm-ed me to pls change it, because he uses it since 5-6years, then I would say "Sorry for impersonating you uninentionally" and never talk about it anymore to anyone, because that just won't change anything, I would pick another name (most likely something bullshit that no one want to ever use)... this reaction in my opinion would be a mature reaction... then compare ^that up what you wrote to this... please...I just wanted to make sure, you understand why everyone here is pissed off of your reaction. Yes you wrote the definition of impersonating here like 3-4 times... thank you, we are all retard and can't google it for ourselves if we didn't know it... but the fact that you can't understand the definition of the thing you wrote here...I can't understand why its so hard to you <>
Last edited by Razgarnok on Mar 28, 2017, 11:52:28 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info