Forced name change for no reason

The name I had was XvXReaperXvX It was on the Bounty list on the town board I decided to go and see if it was not a taken name and guess it what it wasn't taken so I took it. Fast forward a few months someone pm me and asks for that name saying it was "theirs" I tell them no I plan on using it. Fast Forward again I log into my account name changed and he has my name now. GGG then tells me they changed it because I had been "impersonating" that person even though I wasn't. I also havent even using the name yet and I was never impersonating anyone. Now because someone else claims that I was impersonating them they forced a name change on my character and gave it to him. There is no evidence of me trying to impersonate this other person or try to do anything that was like that. This person LIED and purposefully mislead support to SCAM me out of my name. I have an open support ticket if you would like to go look for the full log I can also post it if you want to see the whole transcript.
Last bumped on Mar 28, 2017, 11:51:23 AM
Why are you posting this here? There is nothing that anyone here can do to help, and GGG does nothing account related via the forums.

The only thing you can do is contact them via email, which it looks like you have already done.

So sit back and be patient and they will get to you.
"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries!"
"
Why are you posting this here? There is nothing that anyone here can do to help, and GGG does nothing account related via the forums.

The only thing you can do is contact them via email, which it looks like you have already done.

So sit back and be patient and they will get to you.

Help and information For GENERAL ACCOUNT and Path of Exile Related queries or assistance

This is why. Why are you commenting if you are not helping?
There is literally NOTHING that anyone can or will do to help you via the forums, period. You contacted them, or I assume that is what you meant by the fact that you have an "open ticket".

So, you just learned that there is nothing you can do but wait for them to respond via email. That wasn't difficult now was it.
"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries!"
"
There is literally NOTHING that anyone can or will do to help you via the forums, period. You contacted them, or I assume that is what you meant by the fact that you have an "open ticket".

So, you just learned that there is nothing you can do but wait for them to respond via email. That wasn't difficult now was it.

Help and information For GENERAL ACCOUNT and Path of Exile Related queries or assistance
"
Ennui wrote:
The name I had was XvXReaperXvX It was on the Bounty list on the town board I decided to go and see if it was not a taken name and guess it what it wasn't taken so I took it. Fast forward a few months someone pm me and asks for that name saying it was "theirs" I tell them no I plan on using it. Fast Forward again I log into my account name changed and he has my name now. GGG then tells me they changed it because I had been "impersonating" that person even though I wasn't. I also havent even using the name yet and I was never impersonating anyone. Now because someone else claims that I was impersonating them they forced a name change on my character and gave it to him. There is no evidence of me trying to impersonate this other person or try to do anything that was like that. This person LIED and purposefully mislead support to SCAM me out of my name. I have an open support ticket if you would like to go look for the full log I can also post it if you want to see the whole transcript.

You managed to snag the name likely because XvXReaperXvX hadn't played in over a year so the name was freed up a while back. He was an important enough supporter to have his name placed on the noticeboard in game, and apparently he's important enough to have his name taken back.

I wouldn't be expecting to get it back if I were you. :)
Just a lowly standard player. May RNGesus be with you.
"
Ennui wrote:
"

Why are you refusing to accept the information that you are being given? Dunedain already told you that nothing account related is handled on the forums. If you have an account related issue, you email support@grindinggear, and WAIT. All you can do is wait for a response now. Your particular issue is not a "General" issue, but rather it is a very specific one. A general query would be something like "If I don't play for a year, will my character's names be freed up so others can use them?". You want help with your individual specific support ticket. Guess who handles those requests? Support. If you already have an "open ticket" then you should let them do their thing...

Nothing is more annoying than the "If I don't like the answer you give to my question, you are not allowed to post in my thread" attitude...
U MAD?
Last edited by Docbp87 on Feb 14, 2017, 1:31:27 AM
Well he lied to support and broke TOS saying I was going around and impersonating him like anyone even knew who he was lol.
"
Ennui wrote:
Well he lied to support and broke TOS saying I was going around and impersonating him like anyone even knew who he was lol.

How do you know what he told support? It's not like they play "he said, she said" with the players...

Also, "I've never heard of this guy so nobody knows him". Seems legit.

Not so sure you weren't impersonating him now. lol

Something fun I came across: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/39133
Just a lowly standard player. May RNGesus be with you.
Well thanks for coming to the forum and letting everyone know just how idiotic you are.
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info