Admit something embarrassing (game related!)

Failed my first three uber atziri attempts.

Traded a guy 10ex instead of 1ex by mistake.
In perandus league, I trashed one of my higher level characters because it failed pretty hard when I got into red maps.. I put a ton of orbs into his inventory to get regrets from it... traded for half of the ammount I needed.. then just decided I was just going to make a new character instead.. and I deleted that character, lost all the stuff in his inventory. So I lost a few exalts, chaos, and regret orbs which was pretty much all I had that league.

Needless to say, I didn't continue playing that league.
I once bought a quill rain for 10c. I learned about poe.trade(back then it was poe.xyz) the next day.
I wasn't paying attention and I vendored a set of infinite pursuit boots.
Joining a Master rota when I didn't realise they'd not reset yet,for some reason they were resetting 1am.Anyway it was like halfway through and people were not happy,surprisingly despite being annoyed no one called me a scammer.
Ok the story goes...

In 2013 my buddy managed to get me off SWTOR for little while and make me try PoE, I was fan of Diablo games so it was a nice fit.

So we started playing, he was playing couple of weeks already and said he knows most of the ingame stuff.

After like 10-15 minute of playing, I think it was in Climb Normal, I got drop Mirror of Kalandra. After reading what it was I thought it was valuable item but it was strange, for me, that good stuff drop that early ingame after like 15 minute of playing. I asked my buddy if that item is valuable, he said that's a common drop, to use it at that time, no need to save it for later. So I used Mirror of Kalandra on white lvl 2-3 mace.

... and Mirror of Kalandra never again dropped for me ... and yes I'm still friend with my buddy , but definitely skipping his gaming advices.
I vaaled a 6L volls with some fucked up colors and got +1 gem levels.. this was before vorici was implemented to reroll corrupted socket colors, and link corrupted items. So well long story short i sold it for cheap when i came back after a break, and right after that i learned the truth of vorici that would come to the game soon..

Tralala, at least 80ex thrown out the window on that one. It was the only of those items on xyz for quite a long time as well.

Also bought items in archeage.. one was worth over 1k dollars, it was my weapon. So i chanced to upgrade it with i think 12.5% success chance of upgrading quality level, but if it failed it would break. So it broke and i quit. Very cool game but too pay2win reliant. Couldn't just play.

My list of fails is neverending as i just love to have fun. One time i wanted to level some weird char and refused to do something special for leveling, trying to level it with something that took high level and whatever to work. I made it but i died over 300 times leveling and i had to exercise extreme self control not to rage and break something.. lots of things.

Felt like putting this picture somewhere.. now its going in here!
I am the light of the morning and the shadow on the wall, I am nothing and I am all.
Last edited by Crackmonster on Feb 11, 2017, 10:34:37 AM
When I trade and somebody ask for lower price and after trade he dont say "thx", I would like to tell him: "**** you, you **** **** ****". But I never do that.

:)
Last edited by Rexeos on Feb 11, 2017, 10:25:53 AM
I play a lot of life builds.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
Boem wrote:
I play a lot of life builds.

Peace,

-Boem-

reminds me, I dont think I've ever played CI.

I played hybrid this and previous league, and lowlife with solaris lorica only (weirdly enough, that was the only build left alive last league)
Oblivious

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info