Donald Trumps tax plan looks awesome

HAIL SATAN!
"
"
pneuma wrote:

Once somebody no longer relies on the labor of others to survive (and thrive, even), the only reason to pay taxes for social/progressive programs is out of the kindness of their heart. Relying on people to do that will of course not work.

As labor is less and less useful, the amount of taxes well-off people are willing to spend decreases equally. Once labor is useless, taxes should be 0%. There is no economic reason to support human life if that human life isn't directly adding to the balance sheets.

In a more cynical point of view, it's a soft-form of eugenics, culling off those that are unlucky or just simply not born into wealth. Doesn't require any nasty killing either, just avoid helping other people whenever possible, pointing to the capitalist bible whenever accused of being heartless.

After a while it should result in a smaller amount of people with a greater amount of resources per person. A real utopia. The people responsible for this are long dead of course and nobody would ever push the sins of the father onto the blameless children... so that's that.

And no, I don't know of any way around this, honestly. The alternative is to force people to do things at gunpoint by way of authoritarian regimes, at which point you've put far too much trust and power in equally fragile human egos. You'll get less soft eugenics and more wars and genocides. In some sense, I prefer the former, though I wish I had been lucky enough to win the birth lottery.

Maybe I'm not understanding you, but do you consider any government that will prosecute you for breaking the law or refusing to pay your taxes "authoritarian regimes"?

All taxation is forcing people to do things at gunpoint, yes.

It's not a problem right now while there still exists a desire and demand for the labor of others. It's being "forced" to do a thing that you wanted to do anyway.
"
pneuma wrote:

All taxation is forcing people to do things at gunpoint, yes.

It's not a problem right now while there still exists a desire and demand for the labor of others. It's being "forced" to do a thing that you wanted to do anyway.

Very few people want to pay taxes. Least of all the super-rich. I'm not sure what a demand for labor has to do with it.

While this is technically true (in the sense that if you refuse to pay your taxes, then refuse to go to court, then refuse to come quietly when the police come to arrest you, things will eventually escalate), the same is true of any law in any society - if it weren't, it wouldn't be a law, it'd just be a casual suggestion. I find this to be a shallow and unuseful way of looking at how governments in society work, to be honest.
Luna's Blackguards - a guild of bronies - is now recruiting! If you're a fan of our favourite chromatic marshmallow equines, hit me up with an add or whisper, and I'll invite you!
IGN: HopeYouAreFireProof

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info