Donald Trumps tax plan looks awesome

"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
"
sarahaustin wrote:
We have 7% tax on food and 19% for everything non food in germany. And americans complain about their taxes...
Market price of a pound of tea
in Boston in 1772: 1 shilling 9 pence
(which was much lower than a decade prior)

British tax of a pound of tea
in Boston in 1772: 3 pence (by weight) (~15%)

Results: Boston Tea Party, Declaration of Independence, Revolutionary War

So, americans like tea?
"
sarahaustin wrote:
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
"
sarahaustin wrote:
We have 7% tax on food and 19% for everything non food in germany. And americans complain about their taxes...
Market price of a pound of tea
in Boston in 1772: 1 shilling 9 pence
(which was much lower than a decade prior)

British tax of a pound of tea
in Boston in 1772: 3 pence (by weight) (~15%)

Results: Boston Tea Party, Declaration of Independence, Revolutionary War
So, americans like tea?
Not really. We just have a long, proud history of deep-seated resentment of taxation.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
Not really. We just have a long, proud history of deep-seated resentment of taxation.

Indeed. However, modern, society has progressed past that point, and demands a great number of services. The question is, do we raise taxes, or do we cut services? And where do we cut services?
Luna's Blackguards - a guild of bronies - is now recruiting! If you're a fan of our favourite chromatic marshmallow equines, hit me up with an add or whisper, and I'll invite you!
IGN: HopeYouAreFireProof
"
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:

Indeed. However, modern, society has progressed past that point, and demands a great number of services. The question is, do we raise taxes, or do we cut services? And where do we cut services?

So Trump voters want to keep their ACA but dont want to pay for it? Seems legit. [Removed by Support]
"
Aim_Deep wrote:

"
2. Simplify the tax code to reduce the headaches Americans face in preparing their taxes and
let everyone keep more of their money.

Yes! Tired of paying accountant $2500 to do mine cause I cant figure shit out.

I'll bet H&R Block, Jackson-Hewitt, etc., will have some lobbyists with something to say about that. The tax code was written with these entities in mind, much like Affordable Care Act (lolzzzlollllzlzolllol) was written with insurance companies in mind.
[quote="Lovecraftuk"]I think the new meta is everyone bitching about the new league. [/quote]
"
"
Aim_Deep wrote:

"
2. Simplify the tax code to reduce the headaches Americans face in preparing their taxes and
let everyone keep more of their money.

I'll bet H&R Block, Jackson-Hewitt, etc., will have some lobbyists with something to say about that. The tax code was written with these entities in mind, much like Affordable Care Act (lolzzzlollllzlzolllol) was written with insurance companies in mind.

Friendly reminder that the ACA originally planned for a public option (which would force other insurance companies to a baseline competitive standard), but this was cut in a vain attempt to try to get republicans on board with the proposal.
Luna's Blackguards - a guild of bronies - is now recruiting! If you're a fan of our favourite chromatic marshmallow equines, hit me up with an add or whisper, and I'll invite you!
"
"
"
Aim_Deep wrote:

Friendly reminder that the ACA originally planned for a public option (which would force other insurance companies to a baseline competitive standard), but this was cut in a vain attempt to try to get republicans on board with the proposal.

The republicans ruin everything. America is doomed under GOP rule with their bigoted and racist agenda.
So let me try to explain this concept to you. The taxes are both high to start with and also riddled with 'loop holes' for a very specific reason. The base tax rate is a threat, and generally speaking the exemptions and reductions are incentives to perform certain actions that are deemed to benefit the population as a whole, such as charity and green energy incentives.

The idea is to encourage people to do the right thing, if you don't, no big deal, but you don't get the incentives.

As opposed to a low base rate and punitive extras, if you don't do the things, you are now held explicitly responsible for not doing those things and punished with tacked on charges, with the spectre of yet more to come.

Businesses over the course of history have proven they are not bound to help society, in fact they frequently directly exploit society, like dumping all their waste in poor powerless communities, out of sight out of mind.

The idea is you encourage these businesses to do the right thing, you don't 'Force' them with punishments, you encourage them with incentives. It is the laissez-faire way for government of the pople to get business in line with the needs of the people, instead of strictly being beholden to their bottom line.

And thus we have to have a base that will actually support our revenue needs while allowing incentives for doing the right thing.

But anyways, trump has a good brain.

(also insurance companies are threatening to board up their operations if Obama care is repealed, republicans have once again been duped by their corporate overlords, imagine that)
Hey...is this thing on?
Last edited by LostForm on Feb 10, 2017, 12:04:12 PM
"
sarahaustin wrote:
Lol, it will only benefit the rich. Trump doesnt care about the poor.

You don't have a job and you don't live in America and pay taxes here.

This tax plan would benefit me, based on my earnings this year.

I pay a lot of money in taxes, but probably less than your government steals from other people to give to you for doing nothing.

Current tax rate I pay:

10% $0 to $9,275
15% $9,276 to $37,650
25% $37,651 to $91,150

Proposed new tax rate:

0% $0 to $25,000
10% $25,001 to $50,000
20% $50,001 to $150,000

I would have more money to pump into the local economy (which I do spend at a lot of local businesses), and people less fortunate than me would also not be burdened by income taxes starting as such low incomes.
anything is everything
Last edited by Manocean on Feb 10, 2017, 1:56:33 PM
There's really no doubt that any given individual will benefit from a lower tax rate.

Here, let me propose a tax plan.

0% tax on income.
0% tax on sales.
No payroll taxes.
No property taxes.
No estate taxes.

Suddenly, everyone has a whole lot more money, and can do more of all the things you brought up.

So why even have taxes? Why even bother instituting them in the first place?

Again, we have to balance "I have more money in my pocket because my taxes are lower" with "I am losing public services that I or others may rely on". What government programs do you think we should give up to pay for Trump's $7,000,000,000,000 tax cut plan? Or should we just load that all on the national debt and hope for the best?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info